Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

cash transfer

Options
  • 16-12-2016 9:20am
    Registered Users Posts: 4,426 ✭✭✭

If i go to BOI branch with cash can i lodge to account of other person.
    I do not have a/c number, i do have name, address and DOB of person.
    Also the account in different branch in other town.

many thanks

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,367 ✭✭✭Bank of Ireland: Elaine

Good Morning maestroamado, 

Thanks for getting in touch with us here on Boards.ie. 

In order to lodge cash into someone else's account, you would need their account number and sort code / branch name where the account was opened. Once you have these details, you can do this at any branch. Just to mention, we also have a number of 3rd party lodgement machines where you can lodge money directly to someones BOI account. You can find more details on this and their locations HERE on one of our previous posts on Boards.ie.

I hope this helps and if you need anything else, please don't hesitate to contact us again. 

Thanks, 
    Elaine 

• Registered Users Posts: 4,426 ✭✭✭maestroamado

Elaine,
    Thanks but i do not have account number, i have their full name, address and their date of birth.
    There is only one BOI in their town so i hoped i would have had enough to lodge to their account.
    I just wanted to support a friend who has health issues.
    If i cannot do i will try to think of something else but i not have cheque book.

best regards

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,367 ✭✭✭Bank of Ireland: Elaine

Hi maestroamado, 

I am very sorry that the information we provided was not the outcome you were hoping for. Unfortunately, it is necessary to have an account number and sort code to lodge cash over the counter. 

If you can retrieve these details then a rep in any of our branches will be more than happy to assist with your very kind gesture. 

Elaine 

Elaine,
    Thanks but i do not have account number, i have their full name, address and their date of birth.
    There is only one BOI in their town so i hoped i would have had enough to lodge to their account.
    I just wanted to support a friend who has health issues.
    If i cannot do i will try to think of something else but i not have cheque book.

best regards

Elaine,

Thats ok i understand there are rules, i will ask this person again for the account number.

Regards and thanks.

• Advertisement
Advertisement