Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

No Junk Mail or Newspapers

• 16-12-2016 9:45am
    Registered Users Posts: 549 ✭✭✭

Clearly posted on the letterbox yet every week both of the above are posted through the front door.
    Limerick Post and Limerick Independent being the main culprits.
    They come in the door and go straight into the recycling. What an absolute waste of time and resources.
    I rang up the Post and was informed that the guys delivering the papers did not have the best English but that i can drop the newspaper into them.
    I didn't want it in the first place as per notice on my door, why should i go out of my way to drop it back to you.
    6.30am yesterday morning the guy dropped the Post through the letterbox followed by a loud bang of same.
    Every week the recycle bin if full of absolute ****e from pizza flyers to ****ty newspapers that i don't want.
    If a guy can't be bothered to read the notice or worse still can't understand it then clearly he should not be delivering the items.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,807 ✭✭✭Comhrá

I had this situation a few years ago when I decided I no longer wanted the Post. I failed when I asked the delivery guy not to deliver to my home but after I phoned the Post and explained I didn't want the paper, they got on to the guy who delivered and I had no problem thereafter.

Might be worth giving a call, or better still, drop into their office in town.

• Registered Users Posts: 549 ✭✭✭LimerickCity

I've already been down that road mate, they asked for my address and advised that i would not get it any longer but it still comes in every week.
    Pizzas, Kebabs, Chippers, Clothes banks etc.
    I was away for two weeks and the entire hall is covered in rubbish.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 51,277 ✭✭✭✭bazz26

Plant a hungry rottweiler on the other side of your letterbox.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,350 ✭✭✭Cortina_MK_IV

I've already been down that road mate, they asked for my address and advised that i would not get it any longer but it still comes in every week. Pizzas, Kebabs, Chippers, Clothes banks etc. I was away for two weeks and the entire hall is covered in rubbish.
    Curious if you have a sign on the door/letterbox. Someone posted before about door callers. I bought a sign on eBay, put it up and it has stopped them (VodaPest, Energia etc). I also have "No Junk Mail" on the letterbox.

You can get varying ones online. I get one free newspaper every week but I actually want that.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,827 ✭✭✭air

Have a nice brass one on the flap of my letterbox and get virtually nothing through it. Have never had a free paper dropped in.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 18,640 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kimbot

Curious if you have a sign on the door/letterbox. Someone posted before about door callers. I bought a sign on eBay, put it up and it has stopped them (VodaPest, Energia etc). I also have "No Junk Mail" on the letterbox.

You can get varying ones online. I get one free newspaper every week but I actually want that.

I have "No Junk Mail" on the letterbox but still get junk, actually I must get onto an post about it and tell them to sort it now that I think of it :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,569 ✭✭✭Special Circumstances

air wrote: »
    Have a nice brass one on the flap of my letterbox and get virtually nothing through it. Have never had a free paper dropped in.

Bogus charities / clothes collections were the only crowd that ignored my sign.

Bad form really if the free papers people aren't explaining this clearly to their delivery people.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,238 ✭✭✭mgbgt1978

Ah, but if they don't deliver their Rag then their circulation figures could drop...;).

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,498 ✭✭✭goochy

The paper's are not junk !
    Those signs are not legal and don't have to be taken any notice of.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,350 ✭✭✭Cortina_MK_IV

I've posted this a couple of times before and I have never brought legalities into it. It's simply a polite request. I've had one chancer ignore it but mostly they walk by.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,671 ✭✭✭GarIT

I had the same issue, for every piece of mail I got I emailed anyone that had a full page advertisement letting them know that I was receiving the newspaper even though I asked not to and I would avoid their company if I saw them advertising in any newspaper that was put through my letterbox again.

I got a threatening email from the newspaper saying that I had lost them some long term customers and cost them a lot of money and I replied saying that I did not say anything untrue and it wouldn't be a problem for them if they respected my sign. It happened a few more times but eventually they stopped.

goochy wrote: »

Goochy is on the ball here. Those papers are far from junk. They do a fine job of lighting the fire.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,569 ✭✭✭Special Circumstances

goochy wrote: »

Contrary to the Ryanair school of thinking, there IS such thing as bad publicity.

And the post is junk mail. Its pretty much 80 a6 junk mail flyers stapled together and mashed in your letter box.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,905 ✭✭✭steveon

I bought a brass one myself in Dalys Hardware in William Street and was the best €5 I think I have ever spent. I used on average get at least 20 + pizza catalogs every single week a lot early in the morning as well as the dreaded clothes collection Stickers often waking me up slamming the letterbox...not I only get a very odd one and when I do I simply bin them

I personally wouldn't mind getting a free newspaper in the door have never been delivered in my area as they are not the worst read and can be useful for kids to do art projects and wrapping glass etc or putting in wet shoes...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,827 ✭✭✭air

The local parish dues envelopes keep coming through all right, need to corner one of their minions at the next opportunity.

Advertisement