Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Clonsilla Station - Parking

Options
  • 16-12-2016 10:51am
    Registered Users Posts: 10,295 ✭✭✭✭

Both parking meters at Clonsilla station out of order at approx 7.40 this morning, no way to get a ticket, in that instance whats the story with parking? loads of cars appeared to have no tickets on display. Is the parking free in the event of no meters working to dispense tickets?
    "I will honour Christmas in my heart, and try to keep it all the year" - Charles Dickens

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 392 ✭✭Seanie_H

I would say those cars without a ticket were Park by Text. I personally would not park there is the machine was out of action. Irish Rail and I expect by extension their contractor for parking, don't care if the machine is out.... They just want the cash. If you've no ticket, don't park.

And if you've no ticket for the machine... Even if the machine is down, don't get on the train. I've known of a few stories on that line where the station had no valid ticket machine but the passenger got hit full fine at Connolly.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,004 ✭✭✭Pat Dunne

Seanie_H wrote: »
    And if you've no ticket for the machine... Even if the machine is down, don't get on the train. I've known of a few stories on that line where the station had no valid ticket machine but the passenger got hit full fine at Connolly.

I can say from direct experience that my experience with the staff in Connolly, is completely different. The ticket kiosk at Clonsilla was closed, both ticket machine were down. I got on the train to Connolly, went directly to the IE staff at Connolly who usually operate on the right hand side of the ticket turnstiles and explained my situation with regards to Clonsilla. They simply said would I like to purchase a single or return ticket and in what way did I wish to purchase it. No big drama!

• Registered Users Posts: 10,295 ✭✭✭✭DvB

I would say those cars without a ticket were Park by Text. I personally would not park there is the machine was out of action. Irish Rail and I expect by extension their contractor for parking, don't care if the machine is out.... They just want the cash. If you've no ticket, don't park.

Well I wasn't clamped & had a voicemail left on my phone later that day acknowledging that the ticketing machines were due maintenance & that no parking fee was required for that day. So that answers that I suspect.
    "I will honour Christmas in my heart, and try to keep it all the year" - Charles Dickens

• Registered Users Posts: 4,502 ✭✭✭chris85

Pat Dunne wrote: »

I can say from direct experience that my experience with the staff at Connolly is completely different. The ticket kiosk at Clonsilla was closed, both ticket machine were down. I got on the train to Connolly, went directly to the IE staff at Connolly who usually operate on the right hand side of the ticket turnstiles and explained my situation with regards to Clonsilla. They simply said would I like to purchase a single or return ticket and in what way did I wish to purchase it. No big drama!
    Same here actually twice in the last month. Both times arrived 5 mins before train due and big queues for single ticket machine (other one broke and the station closed as usual outside morning times). I got to Pearse St first time and no issues and the 2nd time was Tara St and no issues again. With trains running at 1 hour intervals at most times there was no ways I was going to not get on the train and wait an hour for the next one. Common sense prevailed!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,201 ✭✭✭ongarboy

chris85 wrote: »
    Same here actually twice in the last month. Both times arrived 5 mins before train due and big queues for single ticket machine (other one broke and the station closed as usual outside morning times). I got to Pearse St first time and no issues and the 2nd time was Tara St and no issues again. With trains running at 1 hour intervals at most times there was no ways I was going to not get on the train and wait an hour for the next one. Common sense prevailed!

I find the guys at Tara and Connolly take your fare when you arrive without a ticket no problem in above scenarios but I wonder would the Revenue inspectors on board who check you for tickets would accept the excuse that the queues were too long if there was an operational vending machine at the station?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,805 ✭✭✭Swan Curry

ongarboy wrote: »
    I find the guys at Tara and Connolly take your fare when you arrive without a ticket no problem in above scenarios but I wonder would the Revenue inspectors on board who check you for tickets would accept the excuse that the queues were too long if there was an operational vending machine at the station?

Not a hope, revenue inspectors will never miss a chance to give out a fine

Advertisement