Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Executive Officer Campaign 2016

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 62 ✭✭sinny65

6148 😧 Really disappointed with that. Thought I'd done better. I'm hoping very few applied in my region and I get in by the skin of my teeth . Wishful thinking but ya gotta be positive

• Registered Users Posts: 666 ✭✭✭Full Marx

Really delighted I got in the 200s!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,178 ✭✭✭Crunchymomma

doc11 wrote: »
    Got 151 and had 63 in the assessment and verbal which I think is interesting

So a total score of 126 will get you to 150. The margins must be so tight in this, each point is worth 100-170 places on panel. One correct answer on test could be worth 500 places.
    Got 151 and had 63 in the assessment and verbal which I think is interesting

Im in late 1500s with total score of 111

• Registered Users Posts: 108 ✭✭Catuohy89

Belle23 wrote: »
    can I ask what were your location preferences? My number matched yours

Just Dublin. But regions aren't taken into account yet. It's probably because we got the exact same scores. They can't put one person at 244 and another at 245 if it was the same score.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,014 ✭✭✭Monife

Placed in the 5,000s, no hope for me. I would love to know what they're looking for in the assessment questionnaire as the last time I barely passed it and this time I got 53/80.

Real pity the numerical scores aren't taken into account as I did much better there (and I'm female!)

• Registered Users Posts: 674 ✭✭✭carnie

Failed the numerical by 2 points. I knew I did **** this time around

• Registered Users Posts: 108 ✭✭Catuohy89

Raging I was 2 weeks shy of eligibility for the interdepartmental. One of the lads here placed 422 but 165 on the interdepartmental. I was 244 so I imagine I would have been higher than 165 on interdepartmental! Ah sure what are you gonna do!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 532 ✭✭✭doc11

your 10 points yet 3000 ahead of me almost 300 a point, Didn't you finish top of your region in clerical too.

I preferred the out of 8000 rather then 80 scoring cause you can divide candidates up better

Monife wrote: »
    Placed in the 5,000s, no hope for me. I would love to know what they're looking for in the assessment questionnaire as the last time I barely passed it and this time I got 53/80.

Real pity the numerical scores aren't taken into account as I did much better there (and I'm female!)

I do wish the numerical was taken into account too as I'm a maths head and always do the best here out of the three sections

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 457 ✭✭Richmond Ultra

I got 5,500 ish with a score of 97 so I take it I will be staying at my call centre gig for the foreseeable future.

• Registered Users Posts: 560 ✭✭✭xDisneyDivax

Overall results don't make sense like say for example majority of top 500 put Dublin down as their choice and they wouldn't want to work in Sligo..... am I missing something here?

your 10 points yet 3000 ahead of me almost 300 a point, Didn't you finish top of your region in clerical too.

I preferred the out of 8000 rather then 80 scoring cause you can divide candidates up better

Yeah finished top in both regions for CO. Need to up my game here though!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 299 ✭✭slaneylad

Early 2000 with a combined score of 109. So I'm thinking I missed out by 1 mark.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 175 ✭✭juncert

I see from the other thread the last EO campaign, verbal was out of 800 needed 270 to pass, and numerical was out of 800 needed 238 to pass.But this time around its out of 80 and need 40 for each to pass so maybe maths has gone up on qualifying level.

• Registered Users Posts: 121 ✭✭80sbaby

I got placed in the 50's I'm in total shock, can't believe it, is that in the region or in the entire competition?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8 JobHunter2000

Am I right in thinking that all the scores for those through to supervised tests will change again after round two?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 175 ✭✭juncert

Double post

Am I right in thinking that all the scores for those through to supervised tests will change again after round two?

Yeah and again after interview and etray

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,584 ✭✭✭ahnowbrowncow

While you were required to reach the qualifying standard in each test, your place on the order of merit was determined by your scores in the Assessment Questionnaire and Verbal Test only.

Didn't read that, once again they don't take it into account but the qualifying mark is a lot higher than before, 50% compared to 30% previously.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,491 ✭✭✭stuchyg

1700s inter and mid 4000 in the open . Did shockingly bad, finished in the mid 300s in the last EO.

Too much going on when I did these ones to fully focus on them. Best of luck to everyone and maybe they will get far down the panel again this time

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 849 ✭✭✭WoolyJumper

80sbaby wrote: »
    I got placed in the 50's I'm in total shock, can't believe it, is that in the region or in the entire competition?

From what others have said here it looks like the entire Country. Congrats! Either way thats a great score

80sbaby wrote: »

What was your total score 128? amazing placing out of 15000

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,561 ✭✭✭JJayoo

Just chatted to a friend who scored below 100 and she cheated. She might be screwed though when she goes to take the supervised tests lol

• Registered Users Posts: 121 ✭✭80sbaby

What was your total score 128?

JJayoo wrote: »
    Just chatted to a friend who scored below 100 and she cheated. She might be screwed though when she goes to take the supervised tests lol

how

• Registered Users Posts: 131 ✭✭Richie71

Score of 108 placed 2267. Pity the Numerical didn't count, scored 70 in that.:(

• Registered Users Posts: 666 ✭✭✭Full Marx

How much notice do they give for the supervised tests? It will be hard to organise time off

Full Marx wrote: »
    How much notice do they give for the supervised tests? It will be hard to organise time off

Could be less than a week. For CO I think I got two weeks

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,561 ✭✭✭JJayoo

how
    She had one of her friends also apply and they did all the tests before her and screenshot all the questions. So she had all the questions for a few days before actually sitting the test

• Registered Users Posts: 564 ✭✭✭Username exists

sinny65 wrote: »
    6148 😧 Really disappointed with that. Thought I'd done better. I'm hoping very few applied in my region and I get in by the skin of my teeth . Wishful thinking but ya gotta be positive

6149, shakes fist ✊

• Advertisement

It will be interesting to see when they make regional panels. Will they wait til after etray and interview? Or will they do it after stage two

• Registered Users Posts: 472 ✭✭eroc79

Belle23 wrote: »
    I just got the exact same number as some-one else, how is that possible would anyone know?

Your number just tells you how many came higher than you but not how many are possibly at the same rank as you.

• Registered Users Posts: 109 ✭✭Butterfly182

Placed 762.

Invited to stage 2.

What is an etray?

Is the supervised test 30 verbal and 30 numeric questions again and is it done on a computer?

How does anyone know how many EO job vacancies there will be? Do i have a chance?

My areas are Dublin and Cork.

Anyone know what they have done in the past for EO competitions for section process i.e. Is it an online test, then supervised and then an interview?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,268 ✭✭✭✭uck51js9zml2yt

4980.....does that mean I'm out:rolleyes:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,050 ✭✭✭whatlliwear

stuchyg wrote: »
    1700s inter and mid 4000 in the open . Did shockingly bad, finished in the mid 300s in the last EO.

Too much going on when I did these ones to fully focus on them. Best of luck to everyone and maybe they will get far down the panel again this time

I got similar results. Gutted!:(

Placed 762.

Invited to stage 2.

How do i find out what areas i selected i can't remember what i picked?

What is an etray?

Is the supervised test 30 verbal and 30 numeric questions again and is it done on a computer?

How does anyone know how many EO job vacancies there will be? Do i have a chance?

The supervised is a repeat off the tests we just did (not the same questions). The e tray is meant to simulate the work you would have to do day to day. I think it's like answering emails. This would be done if you get past stage 2.
    The number of positions available was mentioned in the papers around the time the competition was announced.

• Registered Users Posts: 109 ✭✭Butterfly182

eroc79 wrote: »
    The supervised is a repeat off the tests we just did (not the same questions). The e tray is meant to simulate the work you would have to do day to day. I think it's like answering emails. This would be done if you get past stage 2.
    The number of positions available was mentioned in the papers around the time the competition was announced.

Thanks, found an online link which says there could be up to 300 jobs filled from the open competition.

• Registered Users Posts: 135 ✭✭greenb

Placed mid-thirties on order of merit, shocked as wasn't too confident about the assessment piece and maths is my strongest area! Anyone have any idea how many positions are actually going to be available?

greenb wrote: »
    Placed mid-thirties on order of merit, shocked as wasn't too confident about the assessment piece and maths is my strongest area! Anyone have any idea how many positions are actually going to be available?

Sorry! just see the answer to my question posted just before mine....

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 72 ✭✭etar

I'm sickened, my Verbal was very bad, i passed but it's way down on the last time I did these tests, numerical very good 80% but scored in the 4000's :-(
    don't know what went wrong with my verbal.
    Congrats to everyone that got through.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,512 ✭✭✭Wheety

She had one of her friends also apply and they did all the tests before her and screenshot all the questions. So she had all the questions for a few days before actually sitting the test
    They need to get SHL or whoever to have a much bigger bank of questions, like over a thousand and then give each person a random 30 or so.

I wonder how long they are planning to take to bring the 1700 or so to stage two. Without regional panels but considering they took preferences it would make sense to do them relatively close together. Or else how would they create regional panels?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 532 ✭✭✭PurvesGrundy

I scored 6417 but it says I'm through to the next stage.

I probably shouldn't place too much hope.

Wheety wrote: »
    They need to get SHL or whoever to have a much bigger bank of questions, like over a thousand and then give each person a random 30 or so.

have different tests/questions and bell curve bell them. The fact you can cheat and then on the second test have similar questions means you won't get caught. Really unfair on those that do it proper.

Does anyone know how they calculate your score after the next round. I assume you must once again just pass the numerical and your assessment questionnaire score remains the same? How do they score the verbal, do they discard this result, or take an average of the two tests, or take your highest score?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6 lakeview35

In the 5000's. 2000's for the interdepartmental. Haven't a hope in hell of of being called to stage two over the next couple of years. Gutted :-(

Those that did cheat will hopefully be caught out in the verification round.

• Registered Users Posts: 316 ✭✭sureitsgrand

greenb wrote: »
    Does anyone know how they calculate your score after the next round. I assume you must once again just pass the numerical and your assessment questionnaire score remains the same? How do they score the verbal, do they discard this result, or take an average of the two tests, or take your highest score?

I'd be interested to know this as well.

I did relatively well on verbal and numerical but pretty poorly on assessment (just about got over the 40). Therefore, am I right in thinking that the only way I can possibly get a better ranking is by improving again on the verbal (and making sure I pass the numerical)?

If so, I won't be moving much. My verbal was a high score.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,133 ✭✭✭FloatingVoter

Inter'D 175

Open 546

Average marks (52, 58 on the verbal and numberical). I was drinking at the time:rolleyes:. A fluke 66 on that gob****e assessment puts me in contention. It isn't fair to factor in some fairground guessing game that any one of us would probably fail or ace if it had to be taken again.

And yes, as for the screenshot game that's so bloody obvious you'd wonder how computer literate our SHL overlords are.

• Registered Users Posts: 316 ✭✭sureitsgrand

It isn't fair to factor in some fairground guessing game that any one of us would probably fail or ace if it had to be taken again.

Absolutely. It's a joke that chance seemingly plays such a deciding factor in how future civil servants are chosen. I'd say lots of extremely capable people lose out (and become disenfranchised with a career in the public sector) as a result.

Wheety wrote: »

Agree

• Advertisement
Advertisement