Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Executive Officer Campaign 2016

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 472 ✭✭eroc79

AidanadiA wrote: »
    Me, just on my way home!

How long did it take?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 253 ✭✭Chase3

How are people printing out there invitation? Just saving the web page??

Chase3 wrote: »
    How are people printing out there invitation? Just saving the web page??

I highlighted the entire thing and printed it.

• Registered Users Posts: 4 pkbc

I'm in at 2 what was the maths like. That's my weak point!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 253 ✭✭Chase3

eroc79 wrote: »
    I highlighted the entire thing and printed it.
    I guess I'm asking if you need the actual page or can you just copy and paste the text into a word document?

Chase3 wrote: »
    I guess I'm asking if you need the actual page or can you just copy and paste the text into a word document?

It's what I've done on previous occasions attending pas. The main thing is to have a hard copy to hand up

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 145 ✭✭AidanadiA

How long did it take?

Just over an hour and a half.

It's what I've done on previous occasions attending pas. The main thing is to have a hard copy to hand up

They were asking if you had it on your phone today. You didn't need the print out.

AidanadiA wrote: »
    They were asking if you had it on your phone today. You didn't need the print out.

That's handy and good to know. Thanks.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6 valhalla1

Does anyone know if the test was written or screen based?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 551 ✭✭✭jules86

valhalla1 wrote: »
    Does anyone know if the test was written or screen based?

It will be on a computer same as one done at home only supervised

• Registered Users Posts: 173 ✭✭caarp

Anyone having trouble opening up the practice link provided in the pre-test booklet?
    I can't open the link up.

caarp wrote: »
    Anyone having trouble opening up the practice link provided in the pre-test booklet?
    I can't open the link up.

If you copy and paste it into the address bar should work:D

I did though! It's not opening, keep getting 504 error. Hmmmmm

• Registered Users Posts: 983 ✭✭✭misslemon

If you just search "SHL practice tests" it will come up, second result down on Google.

• Advertisement

Aha. Figured it out - I was copying the htttp//: Oooops.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 442 ✭✭eimaj18

Just an FYI - there is a passport photo booth in Jervis, at the back entrance (that faces PAS), just after the escalators. As far as I know, it costs €6. There are pharmacies on O'Connell St also that will do photos, but I don't know if they're instant, you might have to come back for them.

• Registered Users Posts: 188 ✭✭Yeboah

eimaj77 wrote: »
    Just an FYI - there is a passport photo booth in Jervis, at the back entrance (that faces PAS), just after the escalators. As far as I know, it costs €6. There are pharmacies on O'Connell St also that will do photos, but I don't know if they're instant, you might have to come back for them.

also in heuston and Connolly for people coming via choo choo

• Registered Users Posts: 6 valhalla1

Does anyone have any issue with their photo ids being more than 5 years old? Passport is 5.5 years and driver's license is 7.5. I do have a library card only 3 years old!

valhalla1 wrote: »
    Does anyone have any issue with their photo ids being more than 5 years old? Passport is 5.5 years and driver's license is 7.5. I do have a library card only 3 years old!

I wouldn't worry about that - your ID is your ID. Bring them all if you feel uneasy about it though.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,780 ✭✭✭Aglomerado

eimaj77 wrote: »

There is one as you go into the main toilets in Jervis too. It's a little bit out of the way, but on an exam day all available ones might be oversubscribed.

For the photo, I just printed a clear passport size photo off at home and cut it to size.
    I'd completely forgotten I needed one and didn't want to change being late.

• Registered Users Posts: 68 ✭✭baba_bear

Hi valhalla1. My exam was yesterday. The only photo ID I have is my 7 year old passport. I had no issues at all but I guess it depends on the PAS employee who checks you in for exam. I would bring all forms of photo ID to be safe. Best of luck.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 705 ✭✭✭keepkeyyellow

Just download a passport photo app on your phone take a selfie against a white wall and print it in boots for 40c

• Registered Users Posts: 19 bunty7

I have my test tomorrow. Just wondering how long you are actually in for. The tests are quite short but think I read to allow 1.5 hours.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,305 ✭✭✭Alonso77

bunty7 wrote: »
    I have my test tomorrow. Just wondering how long you are actually in for. The tests are quite short but think I read to allow 1.5 hours.

Was in at 12 noon and out the door at 1.15pm

• Registered Users Posts: 19 bunty7

Alonso77 wrote: »
    Was in at 12 noon and out the door at 1.15pm

I'll allow for the full 90 minutes in my travels plans then.

• Registered Users Posts: 176 ✭✭radonicus

Somebody above mentioned brushing up on currency conversions. Found this useful: http://www.investopedia.com/articles/forex/090314/how-calculate-exchange-rate.asp

Also, ratios: https://www.khanacademy.org/math/in-sixth-grade-math/ratio-and-proportion/introduction-ratios/v/introduction-to-ratios-new-hd-version (especially working back from a total figure, from 6.53mins)

I'm in there 9am tomorrow.

Good luck.

misslemon wrote: »
    If you just search "SHL practice tests" it will come up, second result down on Google.

Did you have to register??

Scratch that, I see from the info booklet you are required to register.

• Registered Users Posts: 184 ✭✭Jellytots82

radonicus wrote: »
    Did you have to register??

Scratch that, I see from the info booklet you are required to register.

By register they mean sign in, show your id and letter of invitation. They will do this for everyone a few mins before test so I would advise to be there a good 15 mins before you are due

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 983 ✭✭✭misslemon

Done! Feel like I did enough to verify, though I've probably slipped down a few hundred places. They said results would be out in mid March which is a fairly quick turnaround.

Best of luck to all who've yet to do stage two!

It either went very well or spectacularly wrong.

Found both a lot easier than the first time. Which is worrying.

Anyhow, it's done.

Finished too! Was happy enough with it. Just brush up on all the % questions. There seemed to be different questions for different people. When I was finished I was looking around and I saw a bar chart on one of two people's screens but I didn't get that one. Then a few with the screens I had.

Best of luck to everyone else.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 363 ✭✭Pronto63

Glasses or no glasses for photo?

Can't log into pre-test booklet. Getting error msg.

Ta in advance.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 551 ✭✭✭jules86

Pronto63 wrote: »
    Glasses or no glasses for photo?

Can't log into pre-test booklet. Getting error msg.

Ta in advance.

Glasses doesn't matter, it seems to work for me on a laptop rather than iPad or tablet. So try a PC or laptop

Just finished. Felt like it went well, especially the verbal but who knows. Glad to have it done.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 705 ✭✭✭keepkeyyellow

Verbal was tricky math was a doddle defo got 100% in that if only it went for the rankings

• Registered Users Posts: 58 ✭✭bronzesheep

Verbal was tricky math was a doddle defo got 100% in that if only it went for the rankings
    Same as that, I wish they didn't disregard the maths - I think the maths went well, the verbal results will be a bit of a mystery until they are released... will just have to wait and see.

• Registered Users Posts: 374 ✭✭VONSHIRACH

if you score much better in these stage 2 tests than stage 1 ie greater than 15% variance, do you risk disqualification?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 488 ✭✭The Diddakoi

VONSHIRACH wrote: »
    if you score much better in these stage 2 tests than stage 1 ie greater than 15% variance, do you risk disqualification?

I doubt this happens if you score better in stage 2 than stage 1. I would say it only matters the other way round.
    If you score much worse at stage 2, they may think you cheated at stage 1.

• Registered Users Posts: 374 ✭✭VONSHIRACH

alf66 wrote: »
    I doubt this happens if you score better in stage 2 than stage 1. I would say it only matters the other way round.
    If you score much worse at stage 2, they may think you cheated at stage 1.

I dig you, but I was just wondering as the stage 2 pre test info states as follows...
    You should note that if your performance at the supervised tests is outside the expected scoring range from your unsupervised tests, you may be excluded from subsequent stages of the selection process and the competition(s).

Its a bit like a verbal reasoning paragraph, it doesn't allude to less than or greater than the 1st test results. Today, the supervisor mentioned the exclusion possibility briefly.

• Registered Users Posts: 121 ✭✭80sbaby

Well I had a nightmare! I'll be lucky to qualify, I did really well in the first tests (51) but had a bad day today, even had to change calculator half way through because the one provided froze 🙠which threw me completely, I felt like just getting up and leaving

• Registered Users Posts: 31 wobbly2014

I also found the verbal harder than the numerical. I'm pretty sure it was nearly identical to my original one I done unsupervised. It's normal for them to have results quickly as I'm no stranger to public jobs

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,748 ✭✭✭It wasnt me123

Can anyone who has done stage 2 let me know if there were any no shows? I am late tomorrow but that time doesn't suit me so I'm going to try for 9.00am and hope that there are no shows. TIA

Can anyone who has done stage 2 let me know if there were any no shows? I am late tomorrow but that time doesn't suit me so I'm going to try for 9.00am and hope that there are no shows. TIA

At leaset one spare computer in the session I was in.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 255 ✭✭Iamhere

I was due in today but couldn't make it so went in on Tuesday and got a place.

A friend of mine went yesterday. She got to Dublin earlier than expected and went to pas and was taken into an earlier session, no problem.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,178 ✭✭✭Crunchymomma

Dying to get in there today and get these over with, only wish I didn't have three hours to kill around dub first!!

Dying to get in there today and get these over with, only wish I didn't have three hours to kill around dub first!!

Head to pas, they might be able to take you earlier

• Registered Users Posts: 91 ✭✭cyrils foxpit

nice costa coffee shop in the jervis or an insomnia two doors down from PAS are nice places to waste an hour

• Advertisement
Advertisement