Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Executive Officer Campaign 2016

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,178 ✭✭✭Crunchymomma

Thanks for suggestions guys :-) much appreciated!

• Registered Users Posts: 58 ✭✭bronzesheep

Can anyone who has done stage 2 let me know if there were any no shows? I am late tomorrow but that time doesn't suit me so I'm going to try for 9.00am and hope that there are no shows. TIA

I went to an earlier session then the one I was scheduled for and there were a few people missing so I was able to sit the test then. Good luck :-)

• Registered Users Posts: 108 ✭✭Catuohy89

I did mine yesterday at 10:30 and they took about 5 additional people so I reckon you can change. Just ring or e-mail PAS. I did thatfor the CO and they told me to come in on a different date at 9. That if they couldn't take me on the first session I'd get the next one.

Pretty happy with how that went! Verbal is always difficult for me to read but think it went about the same as last time and thought numerical wAs a breeze. Results out mid march. Will be interesting to see if I move up or down rank after todsy

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,752 ✭✭✭It wasnt me123

Thanks for all the suggestions, I did go to an earlier session and they were able to take me so delighted. I found the verbal fine but struggled with the first bit of the numerical and by the time I hit my stride with the second half of it, I'd run out of time :-(. Hopefully I passed the numerical and move up the list.

• Registered Users Posts: 59 ✭✭Lorr

Just getting ready for tomorrow and found out my printer is broken. How necessary is it to print off your confirmation?

• Registered Users Posts: 255 ✭✭Iamhere

Lorr wrote: »
    Just getting ready for tomorrow and found out my printer is broken. How necessary is it to print off your confirmation?

Last week they were accepting it on a mobile. Also there is a printer in Jervis Street shopping centre.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,212 ✭✭✭PopTarts

It's fine to show on your phone.

• Registered Users Posts: 184 ✭✭Jellytots82

There are printers in jervis as you go down to the bathroom.

• Registered Users Posts: 176 ✭✭radonicus

As below, no need to panic or worry re printing as they accept it from your phone.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 185 ✭✭Murzo

Must have a few drinks the next time I tackle an aptitude test! Great scores.

• Registered Users Posts: 24 FioRON

Murzo wrote: »

Are the results of the supervised aptitude tests out?

• Registered Users Posts: 185 ✭✭Murzo

no need to dress up for supervised tests.....

• Registered Users Posts: 157 ✭✭TrishaK

Murzo wrote:

Where did you place?

FioRON wrote: »
    Are the results of the supervised aptitude tests out?

No mid March

• Registered Users Posts: 197 ✭✭Anna1976

Do any of you have any experience of doing an E-tray previously? Would many people fail this stage? What is involved in an e-tray, would it just include dealing with emails or would you be answering phone aswell?

• Registered Users Posts: 24 FioRON

Anna1976 wrote: »
    Do any of you have any experience of doing an E-tray previously? Would many people fail this stage? What is involved in an e-tray, would it just include dealing with emails or would you be answering phone aswell?

Its basically like a job simulation, dealing with emails, answering queries, planning a schedule and writing a letter.

• Registered Users Posts: 197 ✭✭Anna1976

Thanks FioRON

• Registered Users Posts: 15 blackstar72

FioRON wrote: »
    Its basically like a job simulation, dealing with emails, answering queries, planning a schedule and writing a letter.
    I messed it up completely and passed it
    Think they combine the score of etray with interview.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,565 ✭✭✭✭yabadabado

I messed it up completely and passed it
    Think they combine the score of etray with interview.

They don't combine them.All competencies in the interview must be passed along with the Etray.One won't carry the other.

yabadabado wrote: »
    They don't combine them.All competencies in the interview must be passed along with the Etray.One won't carry the other.

You have to pass both yes but your overall score is your Interview Score + E tray score.

• Registered Users Posts: 129 ✭✭Caroleia

did this today and not at all hopeful about the maths :( Have been lurking on the thread and just want to say thanks and very best of luck to all the posts have been very helpful :)

• Registered Users Posts: 90 ✭✭Davio

Yeah, neither am I - the numerical test seemed much harder than the unsupervised one.

• Registered Users Posts: 173 ✭✭caarp

Me too. I just came on to see if anyone felt the same way. I thought the verbal was comparable/easier but the maths seemed more convoluted this time around and I actually didn't answer the last question. Really hoping I get the 40 pass this time but not feeling very inspired now.

• Registered Users Posts: 176 ✭✭radonicus

How long are the supervised tests running for?

• Advertisement

I thought the opposite. I felt I flew through the numerical and was second guessing myself a few times during verbal!! Here's hoping we all passed.

I thought the opposite. I felt I flew through the numerical and was second guessing myself a few times during verbal!! Here's hoping we all passed.

I thought the same! Numerical grand but verbal was iffier! I think I did much the same as stage 1 but difficult to know

radonicus wrote: »
    How long are the supervised tests running for?

AFAIK they are running til this Friday with results out mid March

I thought the same! Numerical grand but verbal was iffier! I think I did much the same as stage 1 but difficult to know

Fingers crossed we did enough to get us to next stage anyhow

I think they were running from 21 Feb to 3 Mar

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3 Cutitnwo

last few numeracy q's threw me a bit but I studied hard before on verbal and think I did alright. Good luck to all who are taking supervised tests.

I found the unsupervised a bit harder than the supervised. There was more ratio and percentages in the supervised one which I'm OK with

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,523 ✭✭✭kwestfan08

Yeah really didn't think I done well today in the numerical. Just hoping I scrape a pass. Verbal seemed the same difficulty as any I've done so we'll have to see.

Testing will take place on the 21st 22nd 23rd 24th 27th 28th February and 1st 2nd March at

9:00am

10:30am

12:00pm (Please note that no testing will be held at this time on the 2nd March)

14pm (Please note that no testing will be held at this time on the 2nd March)

And 15:30pm (Please note that no testing will be held at this time on the 2nd March)

Testing finishing on the 3rd of March. I am doing my tests Friday 3rd of March.

Iamhere wrote: »
    Testing will take place on the 21st 22nd 23rd 24th 27th 28th February and 1st 2nd March at

12:00pm (Please note that no testing will be held at this time on the 2nd March)

And 15:30pm (Please note that no testing will be held at this time on the 2nd March)

Can I ask why you're saying there's no test at 12:00pm tomorrow? I have a friend that's due in at that time

• Registered Users Posts: 3 Sazmac2

I'm in at 2pm tomorrow, where did that info come from?

Also for anyone who has done the testing... I received a message regarding the testing but was unable to open it.
    I emailed and rang about it and was informed there was no info contained... Received no reply email
    Is there anything I need to know... Need to bring etc??

Any help be appreciated
    Thanks

Sazmac2 wrote: »
    I'm in at 2pm tomorrow, where did that info come from?

Also for anyone who has done the testing... I received a message regarding the testing but was unable to open it.
    I emailed and rang about it and was informed there was no info contained... Received no reply email
    Is there anything I need to know... Need to bring etc??

Any help be appreciated
    Thanks

No need to bring anything, in fact the less you bring the better. You have to leave everything in a room downstairs before you go up to do the test. A calculator, Paper, pens etc are supplied.

• Registered Users Posts: 3 Sazmac2

Cheers! What about phone, bag etc

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 442 ✭✭eimaj18

Caroleia wrote: »
    Iamhere wrote: »

Can I ask why you're saying there's no test at 12:00pm tomorrow? I have a friend that's due in at that time

I think they meant the 3rd March - Friday.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 442 ✭✭eimaj18

Phone and bag go into the storage room on the ground floor. It will be locked while you're in your test. I brought a bottle of water up with me and it was fine.

• Registered Users Posts: 25 BeboHun

You leave everything in cloak room. No phones allowed.

You have to leave your personal belongings in a room downstairs which is locked until after the test. You need to.show them your letter of invitation, a valid photo id that's been issued in the last 5 years and you need a passport photo also.

That's strange, I got the information from PAS themselves, they must of made a mistake.

• Registered Users Posts: 108 ✭✭Catuohy89

Do you reckon it will be a one week turn around again? That we should know by 10th March?

Speaking to PAS from a work perspective (I'm in HR) They want the panel in place by April so I imagine interviews/e-tray will be fairly quickly once results are received!!

• Registered Users Posts: 91 ✭✭cyrils foxpit

I would be thinking 10th march for results. they wont want the results going out close to paddys weekend imo

• Registered Users Posts: 162 ✭✭ilovethistles

Hi,
    Excuse my ignorance but are etray & interviews the same thing or will we have to do both? If so, what exactly are etrays?
    TIA

They are two separate things. The E-tray is a type of job simulation. And then the interview. In the last competition you usually have one in the morning and the other in the afternoon

• Registered Users Posts: 202 ✭✭AngelaG

Results 15th March

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 374 ✭✭VONSHIRACH

Heard at work some people have got interviews. Don't know if true. Didn't think results were out, I don't have any messages from PAS anyway..................

Advertisement