Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Executive Officer Campaign 2016

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 115 ✭✭connectq

Could be internal interviews in some departments

• Registered Users Posts: 157 ✭✭TrishaK

AngelaG wrote:
    Results 15th March

Where did you hear that. Would they really make us wait that long? I mean they had a lot more applications processed in one week for stage 1

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,565 ✭✭✭✭yabadabado

VONSHIRACH wrote: »
    Heard at work some people have got interviews. Don't know if true. Didn't think results were out, I don't have any messages from PAS anyway..................

Not for this panel but there are some internal EO competitions on at the moment.There was interviews this week for a closed competition.

• Registered Users Posts: 197 ✭✭Anna1976

TrishaK wrote: »
    Where did you hear that. Would they really make us wait that long? I mean they had a lot more applications processed in one week for stage 1
    When I did my supervised aptitude in Dublin last week they said results would be out mid March.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,565 ✭✭✭✭yabadabado

Less than 2 weeks from end of the exams isn't long,PAS have often left it several weeks to give results.Mid March to them won't necessarily be 15th could be well into the following week going on past exams.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 202 ✭✭AngelaG

When I was leaving PAS I asked one of the ladies . She said as far as she knew the schedule was results out 15th March.

AngelaG wrote:
    Results 15th March

• Registered Users Posts: 666 ✭✭✭Full Marx

Are references needed /checked at any stage?

I think that's only done when you have passed the E-tray and interview and they are offering you post

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,868 ✭✭✭✭Eod100

I think that's only done when you have passed the E-tray and interview and they are offering you post

what's e-tray?

It's like a job simulation. You get a link and when you open it will look like a work desktop with tasks to be completed

• Advertisement

It's like a job simulation. You get a link and when you open it will look like a work desktop with tasks to be completed
    Would there be a high fail rate for the e-tray do you know?

I'm not sure but you do have to pass both the E-tray and the interview

• Registered Users Posts: 184 ✭✭Jellytots82

Anna1976 wrote: »
    Would there be a high fail rate for the e-tray do you know?

I failed it last time and aced the interview. Have no idea how I failed it!! Thought I actually did OK in it.

I failed it last time and aced the interview. Have no idea how I failed it!! Thought I actually did OK in it.
    There is so little practice material available which makes it more difficult.

There is so little practice material available which makes it more difficult.

Yes but I did quiet good at the practice one. Can't understand it. Just did the tests Tues. Here's hoping I make it to interview stage again. Have you done etray before?

Yes but I did quiet good at the practice one. Can't understand it. Just did the tests Tues. Here's hoping I make it to interview stage again. Have you done etray before?
    I did my aptitudes last Friday, hoping to get to next stage aswell, but the e-tray scares me a bit as I have no experience of it. No I have never done an e-tray before this is my first time to apply for EO.

I did my aptitudes last Friday, hoping to get to next stage aswell, but the e-tray scares me a bit as I have no experience of it. No I have never done an e-tray before this is my first time to apply for EO.

In the etray you have 2 major tasks to do in a limited time frame. The first is a schedule which I found tricky. I wrote it out on the rough work paper first. It has to be submitted by a certain time. If you don't submit you will not get any marks for water you have done. The second part is a letter which I felt was ok. That also has to be submitted by a certain time. As you are doing these other emails and phone calls are coming through. I think next time I will leave them until last as answering these confused me when doing the schedule. They were of a similar nature to the questionnaire.

• Registered Users Posts: 31 wobbly2014

Did anyone get called to do theirs through Irish

• Registered Users Posts: 58 ✭✭bronzesheep

Does anyone have a link for practicing the etray exercise?

I've never done one before, or practiced one. Do you get to practice the eTray on the day, before the real thing?

The fail rate seems quite high from what people are saying - is it that the eTray itself is difficult, or is it because people are so unfamiliar with it, you get one chance and if you don't get the hang of the exercise straight away there's a higher chance of failing?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,178 ✭✭✭Crunchymomma

Does anyone have a link for practicing the etray exercise?

I've never done one before, or practiced one. Do you get to practice the eTray on the day, before the real thing?

The fail rate seems quite high from what people are saying - is it that the eTray itself is difficult, or is it because people are so unfamiliar with it, you get one chance and if you don't get the hang of the exercise straight away there's a higher chance of failing?

They send out a practice link with interview info when you get it

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 173 ✭✭caarp

For those who have done the e-tray, is the format in an excel spreadsheet?
    Is it completing a schedule for a whole department or a few members of staff?
    Are the e-tray and interview done on the same day? Typically?
    Ive never done anything like this, and yes, I'm jumping the gun here! Just remaining positive, lol!

caarp wrote: »
    For those who have done the e-tray, is the format in an excel spreadsheet?
    Is it completing a schedule for a whole department or a few members of staff?
    Are the e-tray and interview done on the same day? Typically?
    Ive never done anything like this, and yes, I'm jumping the gun here! Just remaining positive, lol!

The schedule I had to do was for some appeals cases to be heard. It was difficult. They tell you such a case cannot be heard until another case has been heard and that such a person needs to attend certain hearings but said person can only attend at certain times and also certain time slots need to be kept free. It was difficult.

The schedule I had to do was for some appeals cases to be heard. It was difficult. They tell you such a case cannot be heard until another case has been heard and that such a person needs to attend certain hearings but said person can only attend at certain times and also certain time slots need to be kept free. It was difficult.

Etray usually in morning and interview afternoon on same day

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 442 ✭✭eimaj18

How long do you get for the etray?

eimaj77 wrote: »
    How long do you get for the etray?

I think it was an hour in total. You had to have certain tasks done in certain time frame. The schedule you had 30 mins to do I think

did you submit everything before the dealine.. thats where a lot of people fell down they failed to submit the letter before the end

did you submit everything before the dealine.. thats where a lot of people fell down they failed to submit the letter before the end

I thought I did but perhaps not. It's a curse. I know I struggled with the schedule. Only hoping if I get through to next round I'll do better in etray this time. Hoping I'll be more prepared.

Any idea when the results will be out?

As far as I know mid-March. I've heard the 15th.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 472 ✭✭eroc79

15th been mentioned a few times but I'm hoping it's sooner.

• Registered Users Posts: 188 ✭✭Yeboah

eroc79 wrote: »
    15th been mentioned a few times but I'm hoping it's sooner.

reckon 10th myself at a guess

I'm hoping by the end of this week myself as well. I was in on the 21st so it's a long wait. I just want to know how I did cos I think I may have messed up the verbal but honestly have no idea.

Yeboah wrote: »

I agree especially if the plan is to have a new panel in place by April.

• Registered Users Posts: 188 ✭✭Yeboah

eroc79 wrote: »
    I agree especially if the plan is to have a new panel in place by April.

and as a previous poster said PAS wont want to deal with result enquires etc around st patricks weekend

and as a previous poster said PAS wont want to deal with result enquires etc around st patricks weekend

Getting their priorities right. Lol

• Advertisement

10th sounds solid as they love to give out results on Fridays

Does anyone have the email to contact them regarding this campaign? I'm sure its in info we got at the start but that's on my PC and I'm out

• Registered Users Posts: 79 ✭✭Sarahsan

Does anyone have the email to contact them regarding this campaign? I'm sure its in info we got at the start but that's on my PC and I'm out
    EOrecruitment2016@publicjobs.ie

I had enquired with PAS when they thought the results of the supervised tests would be out.

And I just got an email from them saying they hoped to have them by the end of today

I had enquired with PAS when they thought the results of the supervised tests would be out.

And I just got an email from them saying they hoped to have them by the end of today

Eeek! Thanks for that. Best of luck everyone.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 108 ✭✭Catuohy89

Ahhh no I had Friday in my head now I'll be frantically checking from this evening :-)

Best of Luck!

Oh that's quick. I'll be glued to my phone for the day checking. Best of luck everyone

I was in on 21 Feb so the wait this far has been killing me. I just wanted to see if it would be much longer. Fingers crossed.

Good luck everyone

I was in on 21 Feb so the wait this far has been killing me. I just wanted to see if it would be much longer. Fingers crossed.

Good luck everyone

I was 28th so only a week for me. Fingers crossed

• Registered Users Posts: 666 ✭✭✭Full Marx

Arghh today?

Full Marx wrote: »
    Arghh today?
    What's today??

• Registered Users Posts: 1,531 ✭✭✭kildareash

Today? Nooo, that's tooo soon. I'm not mentally prepared to get them today. I thought it was next week.

Anyway, best of luck everyone.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 705 ✭✭✭keepkeyyellow

I was only saying to my colleague that they wouldn't be out for 2 weeks and I was having a lovely lunch break and then this pops up.

Fingers crossed!

Aw man I really hope they do come out today..... I'm so impatient ha

• Registered Users Posts: 176 ✭✭radonicus

Today would be nice but I imagine it's too soon.

• Advertisement
Advertisement