Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Executive Officer Campaign 2016

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 983 ✭✭✭misslemon

It's unusual for PAS to put something in writing that they're unsure of though, if they said they're trying to get them out today they probably will.

I hope so because I'm sure I messed up the retest - I'd like to know if I'm definitely out.

• Registered Users Posts: 176 ✭✭radonicus

misslemon wrote: »
    It's unusual for PAS to put something in writing that they're unsure of though, if they said they're trying to get them out today they probably will.

I hope so because I'm sure I messed up the retest - I'd like to know if I'm definitely out.

I should have read all the posts above. You're right, it's unlikely they will suggets that if it's not likely to happen.

Good luck.

Just got my result from PAS for temporary clerical officer. Don't know if that makes it more likely or less likely that they'll release the EO results today.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 705 ✭✭✭keepkeyyellow

Anyone want to ring up and ask if they're coming out today?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 551 ✭✭✭jules86

misslemon wrote: »
    Just got my result from PAS for temporary clerical officer. Don't know if that makes it more likely or less likely that they'll release the EO results today.

I was thinking less likely as too many people logging in would crash site, haven't got my TCO results yet, I think they stagger them being released for that reason, but that's just my thoughts

• Registered Users Posts: 15 blackstar72

Maybe PAS misinterpreted the email and thought the request was about the TCO results.

Maybe PAS misinterpreted the email and thought the request was about the TCO results.

It's a separate email address for each campaign though.

Nobody in the civil service would apply for TCO so they can release those results any time. I've heard that PAS like to release "promotion" results to higher grades as close to the end of day as possible so if people are disappointed they can leave. So there's still a small bit of hope it could be today.

• Registered Users Posts: 15 blackstar72

This campaign is moving on rather swiftly too so today could be the day I guess.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,139 ✭✭✭Always number 1

Just logged in there to see if there was a message before I got email and nada. Good luck everyone

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 184 ✭✭Jellytots82

Nothing in yet but couldn't log on to public jobs account for ages.

• Registered Users Posts: 197 ✭✭Anna1976

Don't think they'll be out this evening, getting a bit late now!

• Registered Users Posts: 157 ✭✭TrishaK

I emailed Andrea Wilson directly she is the one looking after the EO Competition 2016 and she said they hoped to have the results out later today

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,178 ✭✭✭Crunchymomma

Ah there's still hope, just checked back in my public jobs messages and I got my CO results at 7pm

Ah there's still hope, just checked back in my public jobs messages and I got my CO results at 7pm

Just logged in to say the same.

• Registered Users Posts: 184 ✭✭Jellytots82

Just logged in to say the same.
    TCO results just came in. Nothing for EO

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 58 ✭✭bronzesheep

TrishaK wrote: »
    I emailed Andrea Wilson directly she is the one looking after the EO Competition 2016 and she said they hoped to have the results out later today

Thanks for the information everyone. I logged in just for a read to see if there were any updates. No sign of the results yet, so probably tomorrow now I imagine.

Tomorrow is officially ruined...! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 173 ✭✭caarp

Guess it's today so?!

caarp wrote: »
    Guess it's today so?!

It's going to be a long day! Yesterday afternoon I was checking my phone every five minutes!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,558 ✭✭✭✭yabadabado

What's the panic ,they will be out when they're out.
    No point stressing about it and if other campaigns are anything to go by then pestering PAS for an answer won't be much use.

• Registered Users Posts: 24 FioRON

Results are out!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 316 ✭✭sureitsgrand

Moved up by 100 places or so but still well outside top 800. Happy enough as my combination of results from stage 1 meant that it was gonna be very difficult to move up the rankings.

Hopefully a batch 2 or 3 will be called at some stage!

Congrats to everyone who's through to the next round :)

• Registered Users Posts: 472 ✭✭eroc79

Taking up to 836 to interview. I got through.

Moved down a hundred spots to 150s for Dublin! Can't believe stage 3 is so soon!

• Registered Users Posts: 91 ✭✭cyrils foxpit

what about us country folk :)

• Registered Users Posts: 162 ✭✭ilovethistles

Moved up 1000 places!! Absolutely thrilled, im outside Dublin so it could be a while before I'm called, delighted nonetheless :) congrats to all through!

Fell 500 places to 650ish. Kinda sickened but oh well.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 31 docst

Anyone any info on the appeals process?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,209 ✭✭✭PopTarts

eroc79 wrote: »
    Taking up to 836 to interview. I got through.

Just those ones who selected Dublin.

It's still not region placed yet.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,209 ✭✭✭PopTarts

Fell 500 places to 650ish. Kinda sickened but oh well.

If you selected Dublin your through to Stage 3.

Results don't matter now. Your next placement will solely be on interview and e tray result.

• Registered Users Posts: 38 Tinkerbell83

Went up to #80 thrilled with results, but outside Dublin so bit sickened with that.....

I guess at least PAS aren't dragging us up to Interview for no reason if no vacancies available...

• Advertisement

Moved up from 1580 to 158 so moved up over 1400 places. Won't be going straight to stage three yet though as not in dublin

PopTarts wrote: »
    If you selected Dublin your through to Stage 3.

Results don't matter now. Your next placement will solely be on interview and e tray result.

I'm aware! I chose Cork and Limerick though. Kinda feel they'll bring the remainder of 824 into batch 2 anyway unless Dublin are really that stuck for people

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 363 ✭✭Pronto63

Moved up from 1784 to 937 in open. They're taking top 836 in Dublin for eTray.

Moved down from 158 to 360 in interdepartmental!! Strange 😳 Top 328 to next stage.

Any idea of chances for another batch for stage 3?

• Registered Users Posts: 173 ✭✭caarp

So what happens for those who placed but aren't in the upcoming Dublin batch? Are we in with a chance at all? If we are, any idea on when we could be called?

• Registered Users Posts: 430 ✭✭Lenny17123

Moved up 500 places but still in the late 900's. And outside of Dublin also. Will be waiting I'd say...

• Registered Users Posts: 666 ✭✭✭Full Marx

Got in the mid 200s, delighted. I selected Dublin and another part of the country, is it is you selected Dublin as number one or at all which means you will be called?

• Registered Users Posts: 7,806 ✭✭✭corny

Jumped up 1100 places.:pac:

Going away for a week on the 25th. Nervous about a clash with interview. Would they accommodate me?

• Registered Users Posts: 374 ✭✭VONSHIRACH

Moved up from 1580 to 158 so moved up over 1400 places. Won't be going straight to stage three yet though as not in dublin

similar first score to you, but didn't improve. Do you know if your verbal improved much?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,828 ✭✭✭✭Eod100

Can someone tell me how stage 3 works?

Is it you do the e-tray and based on that result, you may be called to an interview?

Message makes it seem like they're the one stage so not very clear on it..

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 849 ✭✭✭WoolyJumper

Fell from 900 to 1155, not surprising giving my Maths portion was a disaster on the day. Still enough to qualify but I imagine it will be awhile as I'm not in Dublin.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 172 ✭✭Shuttle666

When I read "Stage 3 (Interview & E-tray Exercise)" I assumed both would happen on the same day - that was the case with other PAS competitions.

Eod100 wrote: »

Is it you do the e-tray and based on that result, you may be called to an interview?

E-Tray and Interview take place on the same day. One in the morning and one in the afternoon.

Eod100 wrote: »

They're both done the same day. I think they're both marked and combined to give you your final score

VONSHIRACH wrote: »
    similar first score to you, but didn't improve. Do you know if your verbal improved much?

I have no idea, they haven't given a score breakdown at all yet

• Registered Users Posts: 7,806 ✭✭✭corny

eroc79 wrote: »
    They're both done the same day. I think they're both marked and combined to give you your final score

But do you have achieve a minimum acceptable score in both?

• Advertisement

corny wrote: »

You must pass both.

corny wrote: »

Yes, there is a minimum score for each competency in the Interview and a minimum score for the E-Tray. Both scores combined determine you final score/placement on the new panel.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,268 ✭✭✭✭uck51js9zml2yt

docst wrote: »
    Anyone any info on the appeals process?

What appeals process? there is none!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,796 ✭✭✭✭Pudsy33

What appeals process? there is none!

Is there definitely no appeals process? I feel a bit hard done by. I hit the passing mark in both by a long way, but I'm being punished for my strong performance in the numerical in the unsupervised test.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,531 ✭✭✭kildareash

Got excited, as I just made the qualifying mark 836 our of 836, until I read the email a second time and seen it was Dublin only.

Oh well, hopefully something might come up down the country.

• Advertisement
Advertisement