Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Executive Officer Campaign 2016

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,531 ✭✭✭kildareash

Pudsy33 wrote: »
    Is there definitely no appeals process? I feel a bit hard done by. I hit the passing mark in both by a long way, but I'm being punished for my strong performance in the numerical in the unsupervised test.

Did you try calling PAS. Sometimes the best way is the direct way

• Registered Users Posts: 154 ✭✭Rosie_ob

Is there definitely no appeals process? I feel a bit hard done by. I hit the passing mark in both by a long way, but I'm being punished for my strong performance in the numerical in the unsupervised test.

There's no negative marking so I'm unsure how you are being punished for a strong performance. It is clearly stated at all stages that a pass mark is all that is required for numerical. I would say that there is no grounds for appeal, as it is pre set out and the same for everybody.

There would be people that passed all at stage one that could have top marks in the numerical but didn't get to stage 2 for the same reason.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,868 ✭✭✭✭Eod100

FioRON wrote: »
    E-Tray and Interview take place on the same day. One in the morning and one in the afternoon.

Thanks a lot! Both held in PAS then so obviously? Was thinking you did e-tray at home like the stage 1 online tests.

Was someone saying before you get calls and emails coming in? Are they actual calls or is it a simulation?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,799 ✭✭✭✭Pudsy33

Rosie_ob wrote: »
    There's no negative marking so I'm unsure how you are being punished for a strong performance. It is clearly stated at all stages that a pass mark is all that is required for numerical. I would say that there is no grounds for appeal, as it is pre set out and the same for everybody.

There would be people that passed all at stage one that could have top marks in the numerical but didn't get to stage 2 for the same reason.

Sorry, I wasn't clear. I got a very high score on the numerical the first time around, and didn't quite match it in the supervised tests. This has disqualified me, despite the fact I reached the qualifying standard by a long way in each of the 4 stages. I'd have been better served with a middling performance in the numerical in round 1, as it had no bearing on my order of merit place anyway.

I completely understand why it is set up like this, but it's still hard to take.

Congratulations to everyone who passed, and best of luck with the rest of it.

• Registered Users Posts: 6 LauraX

1083 in Dublin, reached the qualifying standard. Was 353 originally, but my assessment questionnaire only scored 47 in Stage 1 while the other two scores were high so I'm not surprised.
    Is it likely that another batch of candidates (hopefully including 1083) will be called in due course or is it curtains? :-)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 532 ✭✭✭doc11

how big was the difference in numerical scores?

Sorry, I wasn't clear. I got a very high score on the numerical the first time around, and didn't quite match it in the supervised tests. This has disqualified me, despite the fact I reached the qualifying standard by a long way in each of the 4 stages. I'd have been better served with a middling performance in the numerical in round 1, as it had no bearing on my order of merit place anyway.

I completely understand why it is set up like this, but it's still hard to take.

Congratulations to everyone who passed, and best of luck with the rest of it.

Sorry that clarifies it. You should contact them because if you don't try it will always wonder. Done the heo interview and presentation and fell down in one comp by 3 marks I appealed as far as it could go (didn't help) but at least feel I done all I could.

doc11 wrote: »
    how big was the difference in numerical scores?

72-53. Big jump i know, but it's frustrating to think two 40s would have qualified me

Sorry that clarifies it. You should contact them because if you don't try it will always wonder. Done the heo interview and presentation and fell down in one comp by 3 marks I appealed as far as it could go (didn't help) but at least feel I done all I could.

I'll give them a call, thank you

• Registered Users Posts: 157 ✭✭TrishaK

Did you get your scores? I haven't got them yet. Just found out that I passed

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 253 ✭✭Chase3

Likelihood of them calling people after 836 to interviews ever?? For Dublin, I'm in the mid 1600's.

• Registered Users Posts: 24 FioRON

Eod100 wrote: »
    Thanks a lot! Both held in PAS then so obviously? Was thinking you did e-tray at home like the stage 1 online tests.

Was someone saying before you get calls and emails coming in? Are they actual calls or is it a simulation?

Yes both held in PAS.
    No actual phone calls, it just pops ups up on screen 'Incoming call' with a query in writing. There a few 'emails' to respond to, some multiple choice, and there are two main tasks to complete, a letter and a schedule. Very important you keep an eye on the time/clock because the two main tasks have to be submitted for a deadline and if you don't click submit you get zero scores for them.

• Registered Users Posts: 184 ✭✭Jellytots82

So if they are taking 836 to stage 3, I'm assuming this will be batch 1?? And further batches will be called after? I'm 937 but outside dublin.

• Registered Users Posts: 472 ✭✭eroc79

Chase3 wrote: »
    Likelihood of them calling people after 836 to interviews ever?? For Dublin, I'm in the mid 1600's.

I don't think your placing is by county so I wouldn't lose hope just yet. The panel will be open for 2 years

• Registered Users Posts: 666 ✭✭✭Full Marx

How many are being hired altogether? Getting serious now!

• Registered Users Posts: 91 ✭✭cyrils foxpit

lost a little bit og ground after supervised...150s for interd and early 400s for open .. regional locations though so hard to know when ill be called if ever

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,868 ✭✭✭✭Eod100

Full Marx wrote: »
    How many are being hired altogether? Getting serious now!

Up to 300, if you can believe the Journal. Guess that's probably nationwide and might be over the course of a few years..

http://www.thejournal.ie/civil-service-jobs-2-3143899-Dec2016/

• Registered Users Posts: 109 ✭✭Butterfly182

405 for Dublin :)

Stage 3 form out already

• Advertisement

Stage 3 form out already

Are you dublin??

Are you dublin??

Yeah Dublin surprised at how quick it's come through

• Registered Users Posts: 1,306 ✭✭✭Alonso77

Is current placing nationwide or by location chosen?

Yeah Dublin surprised at how quick it's come through

This campaign is flying. I'm not sure how the regional is going to work. They probably should have split competition into regional and dublin. I'm 937 so unsure if I'll ever get called

Alonso77 wrote: »
    Is current placing nationwide or by location chosen?

Nationwide is my understanding of it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 705 ✭✭✭keepkeyyellow

Anyone want to upload the stage 3 form so I can start working on it?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5 RuaMadra

Hi folks,

I'm a tad confused. Myself and a colleague got the exact same number after Stage 2. How is this possible?

Thanks!

RuaMadra wrote: »
    Hi folks,

I'm a tad confused. Myself and a colleague got the exact same number after Stage 2. How is this possible?

Thanks!

think of the results like a golf leaderboard , if your on the same score your the same rank

Results Feedback is out now

• Registered Users Posts: 316 ✭✭sureitsgrand

I tanked in my verbal and still got a higher ranking than stage 1. Quite disappointed with my score now.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 442 ✭✭eimaj18

In relation to the form, it's literally your qualifications, your list of jobs and then a box for supplementary information. They don't seem to be asking about competencies at all which is quite strange. I was thinking to try and put them into the job description on the list of jobs? Would that make sense?

(BTW really not fair about the only Dublin called!!!)

• Advertisement

Wow. Really felt I'd done much better in the verbal this time than first round but only got an extra few points. Brought me up but still surprised

• Registered Users Posts: 112 ✭✭chris_d

When I follow the link in the "Stage 3 Application Form" message, that page has a heading saying:

Employing Department/Authority
    • DPER

Do you think means the position applied for will be in DPER? or is that just the Department that Public Jobs area attached to?

Anyone else seeing a different Employing Department/Authority?

eimaj77 wrote: »
    In relation to the form, it's literally your qualifications, your list of jobs and then a box for supplementary information. They don't seem to be asking about competencies at all which is quite strange. I was thinking to try and put them into the job description on the list of jobs? Would that make sense?

(BTW really not fair about the only Dublin called!!!)

I think it's so weird that that there's no competencies on the form as it's the basis and structure of the interview used by PAS. I'm thinking the same as yourself should you try sell yourself in the job description ??

chris_d wrote: »
    When I follow the link in the "Stage 3 Application Form" message, that page has a heading saying:

Employing Department/Authority
    • DPER

Do you think means the position applied for will be in DPER? or is that just the Department that Public Jobs area attached to?

Anyone else seeing a different Employing Department/Authority?

No this simply means DPER pay the public sector pay bill making them the overall employer positions can be anywhere.

• Registered Users Posts: 5 RuaMadra

Thanks for your response cyrils foxpit

As another poster is also on the same number as myself and my colleague, realistically you could be further down the list than you think?

RuaMadra wrote: »
    Thanks for your response cyrils foxpit

As another poster is also on the same number as myself and my colleague, realistically you could be further down the list than you think?

no, if 5 people are placed number 100 the next number will be 106, or so I think anyways

no, if 5 people are placed number 100 the next number will be 106, or so I think anyways

Or another way to look at it is, 99 people are ahead of you.

So if for example you are placed 200 nationwide, it all depends how many of the 200 ahead of you are in your chosen county for your true ranking?

I think it's so weird that that there's no competencies on the form as it's the basis and structure of the interview used by PAS. I'm thinking the same as yourself should you try sell yourself in the job description ??

By the sounds of it the form was the exact same for the EO 2014. The interview is based around the competencies, I don't think there is a need to try fit them into the form.

• Registered Users Posts: 176 ✭✭radonicus

Improved on my numerical score but unfortunately lost places due to my verbal score this time. Disappointing.

All the best those of you going through in the first batch.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 108 ✭✭Catuohy89

Delighted I passed and jumped from 244 to 80. I was shocked!!

Application in for monday :-( Do they not know the 6 nations is on?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,178 ✭✭✭Crunchymomma

I hate that there is no regional breakdown, outside of Dublin it's impossible to gauge how you are placed!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,638 ✭✭✭phatkev

radonicus wrote: »
    Improved on my numerical score but unfortunately lost places due to my verbal score this time. Disappointing.

All the best those of you going through in the first batch.

Same for me, I went up 11 points in the numerical but dropped 4 in the verbal

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,178 ✭✭✭Crunchymomma

VONSHIRACH wrote: »
    similar first score to you, but didn't improve. Do you know if your verbal improved much?

Just checked feedback, my verbal went up from 55 to 69

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 705 ✭✭✭keepkeyyellow

I hate that there is no regional breakdown, outside of Dublin it's impossible to gauge how you are placed!

When you get your final ranking you can ring up pas and find out your placings for each county

Alonso77 wrote: »
    So if for example you are placed 200 nationwide, it all depends how many of the 200 ahead of you are in your chosen county for your true ranking?

that's it but don't go off this ranking, go off the ranking after stage 3, these numbers are just to get you to that stage

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 131 ✭✭millivanilli

Ranked 66 but like a lot of people, am seriously disappointed that only Dublin are being called, and the rest of the country will be called "as vacancies arise", what does that even mean? That there are no vacancies outside dublin at the moment? Why bother with a nationwide recruitment campaign if that's the case? Feels like I've wasted my time going up to dublin for the exam tbh

• Registered Users Posts: 374 ✭✭VONSHIRACH

Just checked feedback, my verbal went up from 55 to 69

Ok thanks, basically the opposite happened to me and I am no wiser as I thought it was easier than home. Numerical increased.

that's it but don't go off this ranking, go off the ranking after stage 3, these numbers are just to get you to that stage

I get ya, the ranking for waiting on stage 3 - interview and etray stage is what I'm referring to. We still don't know that specific county ranking yet

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 863 ✭✭✭peking97

105 you mean.....don't know how you got through...or maybe you don't play Golf!:D:)

Advertisement