Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Executive Officer Campaign 2016

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 50 ✭✭jhdrum

I am through to stage 3 (Dublin) but have not received any instructions yet. are they issuing today?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 442 ✭✭eimaj18

jhdrum wrote: »
    I am through to stage 3 (Dublin) but have not received any instructions yet. are they issuing today?
    Yes you should have received a link to your application form. Ring PAS if you haven't. We have to have it in by Monday at 12pm so, not too long to fill it in.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,531 ✭✭✭kildareash

So if they are taking 836 to stage 3, I'm assuming this will be batch 1?? And further batches will be called after? I'm 937 but outside dublin.

I'm 836, and outside Dublin too. So frustrating to be so close and so far away too.
    Might give PAS a call tomorrow and see what the story is with the rest of the country.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 253 ✭✭Chase3

If I passed, but am outside the 836, should I have gotten a form or is that only for people inside the 836?

• Registered Users Posts: 472 ✭✭eroc79

Chase3 wrote: »
    If I passed, but am outside the 836, should I have gotten a form or is that only for people inside the 836?

Inside the 836 and worth Dublin as one of their choices

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 82 ✭✭newstarts

Ranked 66 but like a lot of people, am seriously disappointed that only Dublin are being called, and the rest of the country will be called "as vacancies arise", what does that even mean? That there are no vacancies outside dublin at the moment? Why bother with a nationwide recruitment campaign if that's the case? Feels like I've wasted my time going up to dublin for the exam tbh

Oh I'm with you seems v like that.. Im 526 in open outside Dublin...will we ever see PAS again!!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 184 ✭✭Jellytots82

kildareash wrote: »
    I'm 836, and outside Dublin too. So frustrating to be so close and so far away too.
    Might give PAS a call tomorrow and see what the story is with the rest of the country.

I emailed PAS to see where I stand in relation to the counties I selected but no reply as of yet. Will be interesting to see if they do actually reply. It's very frustrating. Don't the know there's life outside the Pale 😂

• Registered Users Posts: 82 ✭✭newstarts

I emailed PAS to see where I stand in relation to the counties I selected but no reply as of yet. Will be interesting to see if they do actually reply. It's very frustrating. Don't the know there's life outside the Pale 😂

Probably makes sense do Dublin first as greater portion of vacancies exist there not PAS issue but yes its annoying!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 58 ✭✭bronzesheep

When you get your final ranking you can ring up pas and find out your placings for each county

Is that true, PAS will give you your regional order of merit if you contact them?

It's impossible to know how you stand as a regional candidate as it stands which seems nonsensical for a system that works off panels.

Congratulations to everyone in Dublin on being called to stage 3, best of luck!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,178 ✭✭✭Crunchymomma

I hope its like CO where Dublin was dealt with immediately but other fast moving regions (limerick for example) were only a couple of weeks behind

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 121 ✭✭80sbaby

anyone on here apply for Westmeath?

• Registered Users Posts: 28 seamsam

I applied for Westmeath and Longford (ranked 360 overall. Don't know if there will be many jobs in that area. How many applicants or positions do you reckon are in Dublin?

• Registered Users Posts: 13 Mr. sneakyboo

I finished inside 826 but also outside Dublin so I emailed them asking how many of the 826 on order of merit are applicable to Dublin but their response was they dont have an order of merit for specific regions yet which I expected. I'm sure they know the numbers being called for Dublin, at least then could make some approximation of where we ly outside of that.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 705 ✭✭✭keepkeyyellow

Is that true, PAS will give you your regional order of merit if you contact them?

It's impossible to know how you stand as a regional candidate as it stands which seems nonsensical for a system that works off panels.

Congratulations to everyone in Dublin on being called to stage 3, best of luck!

They can yeah but only if you pass stage 3 - that's been the case for the heo panel anyway and they also tell you if your ranking moves up. Could just giving them a ring now but the only number that matters is your final one.

I agree with above but think you could make some approx deductions if you are split the number of applications roughly on the populations of various areas. Therefore if you are ranked 800th you could speculate that approx 1/4 of the applications above you are from Dublin. The remainder can be divided by 25 (counties) with some allowance for bigger areas like Cork or Limerick. This isn't scientific and it assumes equal interest accross the country. Of course it is irelevant if there are no jobs in your area!

• Registered Users Posts: 26 pepper61

Ranked 66 but like a lot of people, am seriously disappointed that only Dublin are being called, and the rest of the country will be called "as vacancies arise", what does that even mean? That there are no vacancies outside dublin at the moment? Why bother with a nationwide recruitment campaign if that's the case? Feels like I've wasted my time going up to dublin for the exam tbh

It is actually better this way. At least you know there are no vacancies in your region if you don't get called to stage 3. I was batch 3 in the previous competition and passed the interview /e-tray and i was waiting over a year and still no vacancy.
    They were still interviewing into batch 7 to fill places in Dublin but calling nationwide to interview. Anyone in my region went for interview in batch 7 had no chance.
    Now we have to start all over again.

I think anyone who has passed stage 2 for dublin can be pretty confident they will be called to stage 3 before too long.

• Registered Users Posts: 173 ✭✭caarp

pepper61 wrote: »
    It is actually better this way. At least you know there are no vacancies in your region if you don't get called to stage 3. I was batch 3 in the previous competition and passed the interview /e-tray and i was waiting over a year and still no vacancy.
    They were still interviewing into batch 7 to fill places in Dublin but calling nationwide to interview. Anyone in my region went for interview in batch 7 had no chance.
    Now we have to start all over again.

I think anyone who has passed stage 2 for dublin can be pretty confident they will be called to stage 3 before too long.

Which area did you apply for?
    So, if for example, you got placed on your designated county panel list, could you ring up PAS and ask to be considered for an open job in Dublin, even if you didn't state that Dublin was an option? Any idea?

caarp wrote: »
    Which area did you apply for?
    So, if for example, you got placed on your designated county panel list, could you ring up PAS and ask to be considered for an open job in Dublin, even if you didn't state that Dublin was an option? Any idea?

I am in Limerick but the 2014 competition didn't ask which region you wanted. It was only when you passed the interview and had your place on the panel that you could tell them your preference. Several times we were contacted to see if we would take dublin before they started a new batch.

You would have to check with PAS if you can add another region to your application for this competition.

• Registered Users Posts: 173 ✭✭caarp

I am in Limerick but the 2014 competition didn't ask which region you wanted. It was only when you passed the interview and had your place on the panel that you could tell them your preference. Several times we were contacted to see if we would take dublin before they started a new batch.

You would have to check with PAS if you can add another region to your application for this competition.

Thanks Pepper. Oh, that's interesting about them contacting you offering positions in Dublin. I suppose there's always hope somewhere, somehow!

caarp wrote: »
    Thanks Pepper. Oh, that's interesting about them contacting you offering positions in Dublin. I suppose there's always hope somewhere, somehow!

Most of the vacancies will be Dublin. So if you didn't choose Dublin on your application but would be willing to take a job there you should check with PAS.
    I have passed stage 2 but i don't expect to be contacted for a long time ( if ever) as Limerick is the only region I selected.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 294 ✭✭Sparkles27

Does anyone know if the interviews are competency based?

Sparkles27 wrote: »
    Does anyone know if the interviews are competency based?

Yes they are. They will send you details before hand but if you Google eo competencies you will find a pdf detailing the competencies so you can get a head start preparing

• Registered Users Posts: 91 ✭✭cyrils foxpit

one good thing about this comp is that people could pick a max of two regions..a lot of time was wasted in older comps going back the years with people picking every county and it was just wasting everyones time ie: someone from cork for a Donegal job etc

• Registered Users Posts: 162 ✭✭ilovethistles

one good thing about this comp is that people could pick a max of two regions..a lot of time was wasted in older comps going back the years with people picking every county and it was just wasting everyones time ie: someone from cork for a Donegal job etc

I'm sure I only got the option to pick one!?! :o

• Registered Users Posts: 983 ✭✭✭misslemon

I'm sure I only got the option to pick one!?! :o

I thought we got the option to pick two. I only picked one though, because Dublin works best for me and there's lots of opportunities there anyway.

I may be mixing it up with other campaigns though - that's the problem with entering several! :D

misslemon wrote: »
    I thought we got the option to pick two. I only picked one though, because Dublin works best for me and there's lots of opportunities there anyway.

I may be mixing it up with other campaigns though - that's the problem with entering several! :D

No it was definitely 2 this time.

No it was definitely 2 this time.

I can't for the life of me remember picking two... :o

• Registered Users Posts: 294 ✭✭Sparkles27

If you log in to your Public Jobs account you'll be able to see your application and which regions you picked

I definitely do remember picking 2 because where I live gives me the option of 4 counties and I really had to think which counties would have more government departments.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 157 ✭✭TrishaK

Yeah you could definitely pick two. But I'm down the country so will probably be a while before I hear anything

If you don't mind me asking, what number were you nationwide after stages one and two in 2014? Just trying to gauge how my position is

Sparkles27 wrote: »
    If you log in to your Public Jobs account you'll be able to see your application and which regions you picked

Thanks for that, just did and sure enough two regions selected!! :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 37 Korranco

Hi Guys, is anyone having trouble opening the PDF document I downloaded the new adobe reader but it is till not opening for me!

• Registered Users Posts: 68 ✭✭baba_bear

I initially had the same problem as you Korranco, so I downloaded the file to my desktop and the pdf opened fine from there. I think the problem is trying to open it in a browser opposed to Adobe. Hope that's a bit of a help.

• Registered Users Posts: 109 ✭✭Butterfly182

Should you try and meet the competencies in the supplemtary information on the application form?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 37 Korranco

baba_bear wrote: »
    I initially had the same problem as you Korranco, so I downloaded the file to my desktop and the pdf opened fine from there. I think the problem is trying to open it in a browser opposed to Adobe. Hope that's a bit of a help.

Thanks a mill- I tried that and it worked cheers :)

• Registered Users Posts: 36 Borboleta81

Good evening everyone,

Does anyone know what proportion of positions is likely to be allocated to the next two or three most popular regions after Dublin? Perhaps an impossible question to answer, only asking as I've gone for Galway and unaware if this would mean I'd be called up soonish to take the Stage 3 assessment or much later because other regions would come first.

Thanks in advance.

If you don't mind me asking, what number were you nationwide after stages one and two in 2014? Just trying to gauge how my position is

I was around 1130 in stage one of 2014 competition. After passing the interview I was 103 in batch 3. Every so often checked with PAS and there were around 12 ahead of me with preference for just Limerick on the panel. From what I could guess by people's posts on boards they called about 380 to 500 in each batch.

This time I got 762 in stage one and 1012 in stage 2. Not enthusiastic after last time but you have to be in it cause you never know. ...

I didn't think we were getting our results until next week, so I'm impressed at how quickly PAS have managed this campaign so far. I thought they would have released the interview times yesterday, at least for those penciled in for the first week. It might be hard for people to get time off the week after the St. Patrick's Day weekend, they need as much notice as possible.

It would also be good if there was a bit more clarity for people outside Dublin too.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,531 ✭✭✭kildareash

Has the old panel expired now or are they still placing people from that?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 157 ✭✭TrishaK

It expires at the end of this month

• Registered Users Posts: 16 CJMB

Does your position on the order of merit after stage 2 just place you in a position for the e-tray and interview for stage 3? or will they take your stage 2 scores into account when giving you an overall position after stage 3

CJMB wrote: »
    Does your position on the order of merit after stage 2 just place you in a position for the e-tray and interview for stage 3? or will they take your stage 2 scores into account when giving you an overall position after stage 3

I believe the slate is wiped clean, and the combined scores from your interview and etray are used to give you a new ranking.

• Registered Users Posts: 374 ✭✭VONSHIRACH

I was around 1130 in stage one of 2014 competition. After passing the interview I was 103 in batch 3. Every so often checked with PAS and there were around 12 ahead of me with preference for just Limerick on the panel. From what I could guess by people's posts on boards they called about 380 to 500 in each batch.

This time I got 762 in stage one and 1012 in stage 2. Not enthusiastic after last time but you have to be in it cause you never know. ...

Did your 2014 stage 2 change much from 2014 stage 1? At least you got an interview based on your initial placing result. Am not Limerick, but hoping for batch 2 or 3 in 2016.

Thank you! I was 1580 in stage one and 158 in stage two so hoping I'm relatively high up regionally

• Registered Users Posts: 79 ✭✭Sarahsan

Do you think it's important to write something in the Supplementary Information section? I feel like I should write something in there but I don't want to be repetitive..

Do you think it's important to write something in the Supplementary Information section? I feel like I should write something in there but I don't want to be repetitive..

Hi Sarahsan, No harm to put in that you think you could be a good asset to theme and that you had would be happy to submit further info if required. Good luck with it. What competancies have they asked you for? Is the form hard to fill in?

This may sound silly but what is e-tray?

seamsam wrote: »
    Hi Sarahsan, No harm to put in that you think you could be a good asset to theme and that you had would be happy to submit further info if required. Good luck with it. What competancies have they asked you for? Is the form hard to fill in?
    Thank you :)
    The form is very straightforward. It's basically a form version of your CV and then a section for additional information.
    The e-tray is a work simulation exercise, where you have to do two tasks and answer e-mails. I don't know much more than that but I have heard they send a practice test to you beforehand.

• Advertisement
Advertisement