Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Executive Officer Campaign 2016

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 109 ✭✭Butterfly182

Anyone know why there is such a delay in sending out practice material for stage three? I know the results were processed very fast but I would like to get practicing E-trays as soon as possible. I'm in batch 1 for Dublin and I will be having quite a busy week next week so I won't have a lot of time to practice e-trays etc if I am called the week after.

• Registered Users Posts: 983 ✭✭✭misslemon

Maybe they're waiting until they know exactly how many of the 832 want to interview? My guess is they're waiting to see how many people fill in their forms and submit them by the deadline. Then they send out invites and practice material.

I would like to practice etray, but I REALLY want my interview date, especially as it could be very soon. Hopefully we hear something tomorrow afternoon/evening! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 184 ✭✭Jellytots82

misslemon wrote: »
    Maybe they're waiting until they know exactly how many of the 832 want to interview? My guess is they're waiting to see how many people fill in their forms and submit them by the deadline. Then they send out invites and practice material.

I would like to practice etray, but I REALLY want my interview date, especially as it could be very soon. Hopefully we hear something tomorrow afternoon/evening! :D

You can only log on to do the practice etray once. It's relatively simple in comparison to the real one.

• Registered Users Posts: 6 Shelby16

I was really surprised by my results, I went from 900 on the open to 158 and 319 on the interdepartmental to 51 but unfortunately didn't select Dublin as I wouldn't be able to take up a position there if successful at interview. I am just hoping I get the chance of an interview. I've noticed another person is at the same rank on the order of merit as me. Could there be lots of people at 158 open and 51 interdepartmental as I was quite happy with my position but now I'm not sure.

• Registered Users Posts: 666 ✭✭✭Full Marx

I have put my degree and various professional qualifications on the form, is there a need to put my leaving cert results on it? Have any of you?

• Registered Users Posts: 6 andsoitshould9

Hey, I came in 670's and picked Dublin. How quickly do you think they will get through the interviews. Realistically how many can they do a week? I'm away at the end of March and just wondering will it take a good few weeks to get through the numbers?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,178 ✭✭✭Crunchymomma

Shelby16 wrote: »
    I was really surprised by my results, I went from 900 on the open to 158 and 319 on the interdepartmental to 51 but unfortunately didn't select Dublin as I wouldn't be able to take up a position there if successful at interview. I am just hoping I get the chance of an interview. I've noticed another person is at the same rank on the order of merit as me. Could there be lots of people at 158 open and 51 interdepartmental as I was quite happy with my position but now I'm not sure.

There can be several people on the same rank but say there is 4 people at 158 the next number someone would have gotten is 162 so there is still only 157 ahead of you.

There can be several people on the same rank but say there is 4 people at 158 the next number someone would have gotten is 162 so there is still only 157 ahead of you.

I think you are the poster who is 158 also, I'm just delighted to have passed let alone climb so many places but I'd love the chance of an interview as I've been a CO for 10 years and feel it's time to climb onto the next rung of the ladder 😀

• Registered Users Posts: 374 ✭✭VONSHIRACH

I think you are the poster who is 158 also, I'm just delighted to have passed let alone climb so many places but I'd love the chance of an interview as I've been a CO for 10 years and feel it's time to climb onto the next rung of the ladder 😀

As you are a CO for 10 years, you deserve the chance to progress and this is your chance.

• Advertisement

Yeah I'm 158 too :-) also located outside of Dublin so even though i jumped so many places, I'm worried it won't be enough

Yeah I'm 158 too :-) also located outside of Dublin so even though i jumped so many places, I'm worried it won't be enough

Fingers crossed for both of us! It would be great to know position regionally although I know that can change after interview but it would help with expectations at this stage. I do know that the last departmental panel formed for my dept and region expires in September (ish) and the interdept and open panel has apparently reached its end so here's hoping they will have to put an inter / open panel in place sooner rather than later.

Fingers crossed for both of us! It would be great to know position regionally although I know that can change after interview but it would help with expectations at this stage. I do know that the last departmental panel formed for my dept and region expires in September (ish) and the interdept and open panel has apparently reached its end so here's hoping they will have to put an inter / open panel in place sooner rather than later.

I would just really love to have some idea when those of us outside of Dublin will get a chance to interview. If I sit on a panel for 18 months waiting to get placed after that I will get over it but I hate sitting in limbo between stages when i know I'd be moving on already if in Dublin

I would just really love to have some idea when those of us outside of Dublin will get a chance to interview. If I sit on a panel for 18 months waiting to get placed after that I will get over it but I hate sitting in limbo between stages when i know I'd be moving on already if in Dublin

I emailed PAS asking could they let me know where I stand in relation to the counties I have chosen and they replied they didn't have a regional breakdown.

• Registered Users Posts: 472 ✭✭eroc79

I emailed PAS asking could they let me know where I stand in relation to the counties I have chosen and they replied they didn't have a regional breakdown.

I wonder if they've ever heard of Excel. Lol

I think after getting people outside Dublin to come to Chapter House to verify, they should at least have regional breakdowns and rough timelines regarding interviews. I know they don't know exactly but if they said they were planning to start regional interviews in the next three months, the next six months or whatever then people could make some plans.

• Advertisement

I think after getting people outside Dublin to come to Chapter House to verify, they should at least have regional breakdowns and rough timelines regarding interviews. I know they don't know exactly but if they said they were planning to start regional interviews in the next three months, the next six months or whatever then people could make some plans.

But thats it exactly. It would not be difficult or time consuming to make a list of those within top 836 but not in Dublin broken down regionally

• Registered Users Posts: 197 ✭✭Anna1976

Hi Just wondering if many people following this thread applied for Laois or Offaly?

Can you defer an interview? Next week is busy where I work and I may not be able to get the time off if I'm up next week. It's very short notice, especially as you need to take an entire day off for etray and interview. My boss is not the most easy going fella in the world, so I'm starting to feel a bit anxious now. The longer they wait to tell us, the less likely I'll be able to swing the day off. I'd hate to have to drop out over it.

Anna1976 wrote: »
    Hi Just wondering if many people following this thread applied for Laois or Offaly?

I applied for Laois

Interview details out for Dublin batch...finally!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 154 ✭✭Rosie_ob

Interview dates are out I'm up Wednesday 😬

• Registered Users Posts: 129 ✭✭Caroleia

me too - I'm up Weds 29th -starting to feel nervous already- what's this about not taking a reference from your current employer- is it because they think you won't want to let them know? - I'm a tco at the mo so don't have a prob with it...

Caroleia wrote: »
    me too - I'm up Weds 29th -starting to feel nervous already- what's this about not taking a reference from your current employer- is it because they think you won't want to let them know? - I'm a tco at the mo so don't have a prob with it...

I'd like to know this too, I'm a contract worker and my current employer wouldn't have a problem with it, it'd make my life a lot easier if I could use a reference from him!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 442 ✭✭eimaj18

Am up next week! Eeeek!

What are people's times like? Mine seems odd:

E-Tray exercise: 10:40 - 12:30

Interview Time: 13:30

So, nearly two hours for the e-tray? Don't know how long for the Interview - I guessing I'll allow an hour?

This reference craic is a pain, I have worked for my current employer for three years and was in college before, only other history is crappy summer jobs from ages ago. Any advice? I gather it needs to be a written reference and not merely a contact number?

• Registered Users Posts: 112 ✭✭chris_d

Scheduled for slap bang in the middle of a non-refundable holiday. Had gotten in contact with PAS as soon as the Stage 2 results were out in an effort to avoid a clash.

Magic work.

Full Marx wrote: »
    This reference craic is a pain.

Asking for written references in less than a week (by the time you get it and photocopy it) will be a stretch, but hey.

I wonder how long they're interviewing for? I'm next week, is anyone on here the week after or beyond?

• Registered Users Posts: 50 ✭✭jhdrum

I'm in on 23rd March...what exactly does e-tray involve..is it a form of situational judgement..as in the questionnaire?

• Registered Users Posts: 58 ✭✭bronzesheep

eroc79 wrote: »
    I wonder if they've ever heard of Excel. Lol

The 2014 CO panel had regional panels, so you had a different panel number for each region. It can't be difficult. Someone somewhere has made a decision not to do it that way, but I can't see why they've come to that decision. I'd love to have an idea if it's something that might happen or if I'm so far down the panel for my region I can forget about it. Absolutely no way to tell right now.

Asking for written references in less than a week (by the time you get it and photocopy it) will be a stretch, but hey.

I wonder how long they're interviewing for? I'm next week, is anyone on here the week after or beyond?
    Very much a stretch, especially when you cannot use your current employer! Dunno what I'm Gonna do about this, maybe a reference from my university where I studied?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 121 ✭✭80sbaby

I'm also 158! 🀔
    Applied for westmeath, really annoyed that there isn't a regional breakdown, hopefully they'll break it down further after the dublin interviews. Would love to know how many of the 836 are being called to stage 3

The 2014 CO panel had regional panels, so you had a different panel number for each region. It can't be difficult. Someone somewhere has made a decision not to do it that way, but I can't see why they've come to that decision. I'd love to have an idea if it's something that might happen or if I'm so far down the panel for my region I can forget about it. Absolutely no way to tell right now.

Thank you for your email, there is no separate regional order of merits.

There is only the overall order of merit which has been issued to candidates.

Should vacancies arise in your location choices you will be contacted.

Regards,

This is the email I got when I enquired about my positing in relation to my chosen counties

Should vacancies arise in your location choices you will be contacted.

They should have been more open about this, it's not easy or cheap for some people to get time off and come to Dublin for Stage Two. The least they can do is give you a regional breakdown.

Full Marx wrote: »
    Very much a stretch, especially when you cannot use your current employer! Dunno what I'm Gonna do about this, maybe a reference from my university where I studied?

That sounds like a good idea, maybe email PAS and ask?

They should have been more open about this, it's not easy or cheap for some people to get time off and come to Dublin for Stage Two. The least they can do is give you a regional breakdown.

Why advertise a nationwide campaign?? It cost me €50 for train and parking.

When it says copies of your educational qualifications, does it mean university transcripts or will the parchment do?

• Registered Users Posts: 129 ✭✭Caroleia

When it says copies of your educational qualifications, does it mean university transcripts or will the parchment do?

I was just planning on the parchment-not sure with the timescales involved if I could get anything else at this stage (graduated many moons ago :P)

• Registered Users Posts: 33 edelweiss

Good luck on Wednesday, Rosie!

I sent a pm to you a few days ago.

Caroleia wrote: »
    I was just planning on the parchment-not sure with the timescales involved if I could get anything else at this stage (graduated many moons ago :P)

Me too! ;)

• Advertisement

edelweiss wrote: »
    Good luck on Wednesday, Rosie!

I sent a pm to you a few days ago.

Thanks 😊 Just send pm'd back

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 247 ✭✭j.s. pill II

Does anyone know any more about the reference requirements?

Is it written references they're looking for or just contact info?

It's going to be an absoloute pain for me because I did some stints of work in India and Nepal and there is now way the bureaucracies in those places are going to get back to me in a week. (not to mention the fact that I spent nearly a year and a half out of the last 3 years traveling...hope they don't think i'm too 'free spirited' or anything)

This all rolled around way too quickly for me - Please help!!

Also: The original version and 1 copy of the educational qualifications

I hope my old Universities can do swift-post...

Does anyone know any more about the reference requirements?

Is it written references they're looking for or just contact info?

It's going to be an absoloute pain for me because I did some stints of work in India and Nepal and there is now way the bureaucracies in those places are going to get back to me in a week.

This all rolled around way too quickly for me - Please help!!

I think it's written references, but you have a very good reason why you can't produce references on a week's notice, so I wouldn't worry unduly. I'd contact PAS tomorrow and see what they say.

I have no idea how I'll get mine together either! When I did the Garda competition we were given a sheet of paper at Stage 2 in Chapter House with a list of documents we would be required to provide if we verified and went forward to interview. That way we had a head start on getting them ready.

And with CO you just needed contact info for referees at interview so that was easy in timeframe

• Registered Users Posts: 25 BeboHun

Anyone know the last date for this batch of interviews?

BeboHun wrote: »
    Anyone know the last date for this batch of interviews?

31st March

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 25 BeboHun

Rosie_ob wrote: »
    31st March

Is that them interviewing 800 people in 2 weeks?

• Registered Users Posts: 472 ✭✭eroc79

BeboHun wrote: »
    Is that them interviewing 800 people in 2 weeks?

The 800 plus includes everyone nationally. There's probably only about 200-300 from Dublin. That's just a guess. Could be a lot less.

• Registered Users Posts: 197 ✭✭Anna1976

Are they only looking for references for the open panel?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 172 ✭✭Shuttle666

More Assessment Centre material for Stage 3 just sent - link to sample e-tray to follow.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 172 ✭✭Shuttle666

Anna1976 wrote: »
    Are they only looking for references for the open panel?

(d) Original and 1 copy of employer references to cover the last 3 years. Please do not include a reference from your current employer. This document is not necessary if you are a currently serving civil servant.

• Advertisement
Advertisement