Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Android pay?

Options
12346»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 29 gr1980

tuxy wrote: »
    I also got an email from info@boimail.com about a new app with better security and more features. No exact date for release yet.
    I didn't get it myself, maybe because I'm with the UK branch of BOI?   

• Registered Users Posts: 1,882 ✭✭✭Rattlehead_ie

Might be good if BOI :  Reps would confirm if this was a genuine mail sent out and if there is any more details on it?!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,983 ✭✭✭✭tuxy

Would be nice alright. I've given up on BOI, I still keep an account with them but rarely use it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 490 ✭✭Bank of Ireland: Jennifer

Might be good if BOI : Reps would confirm if this was a genuine mail sent out and if there is any more details on it?!

Hi There,

Thanks for getting in touch with us.

We are currently emailing and writing to customers to notify them of upcoming changes, If you are unsure of any email you have received claiming to be from us please forward this to our security team at 365security@boi.com and one of our advisors will be happy to confirm if this is genuine.

Please see here for all information and updates in relation to changes which are coming as a result of the introduction of PSD2, this will be updated as more information becomes available.

We are working on a new app and we will be in touch with our customers closer to the launch date when this is available for you to download.

Thanks Jen

• Registered Users Posts: 88 ✭✭duckofdeath

I emailed that 365security address about a really suspicious email BOI sent out last year, asking me to upload personal information to a non-BOI site. I never got a reply.
    I wonder if the team in charge of that security service is the same developing the NFC service? :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 942 ✭✭✭kenyard

My fellow BOI customers....
    It has finally happened

Unfortunately from my point of view I also use garmin pay now which will probably be another 4 years 8 months 6 days to implement at BOI so ill be sticking with my alternative.

• Registered Users Posts: 74 ✭✭TheTomahawk

kenyard wrote: »
    My fellow BOI customers....
    It has finally happened

Over 3 years too late!

I left BOI and moved to KBC in June 2017 because BOI were (and still are) way behind other banks in just about everything, and KBC are much cheaper for their fees -- in that I haven't paid them any current account fees in those 3+ years.

The Google Pay thing was a big tipping point at the time. I'm glad I didn't sit around waiting for them.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,494 ✭✭✭touts

Over 3 years too late!

I left BOI and moved to KBC in June 2017 because BOI were (and still are) way behind other banks in just about everything, and KBC are much cheaper for their fees -- in that I haven't paid them any current account fees in those 3+ years.

The Google Pay thing was a big tipping point at the time. I'm glad I didn't sit around waiting for them.

Switched from BOI for day to day banking last year specifically because of this. Too little too late.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,841 ✭✭✭jeffk

I started a thread on moving over new charges

Definitely be moving after 22 years

Here's Google pay*

*by the way we're now looking for 72 a year more off you

• Closed Accounts Posts: 309 ✭✭Bank of Ireland: Eve

jeffk wrote: »
    I started a thread on moving over new charges

Definitely be moving after 22 years

Here's Google pay*

*by the way we're now looking for 72 a year more off you
    Hi Jeffk, thanks for your post here on Boards.ie. 

We’re sorry to hear that you feel this way. 

Bank of Ireland is eliminating individual transaction charges for personal current accounts and this is being replaced by a single flat fee of €6 per month, equating to €72 a year. 

This new pricing structure is simple and transparent and is in response to customer feedback received that the current range of charges for personal current accounts are complex and hard to keep track of. 

In relation to Google Pay is now available to Android users and so you should be able to add your BOI card to the wallet on your smartphone. 

We really appreciate you reaching out and sharing your feedback with us here, we’ll be sure to pass it along. 

Thanks, Eve 

• Advertisement

The funny part about the Google pay option is my card gets declined whenever I try to use it... Only starting with Bank of Ireland until I get a mortgage at this stage...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 309 ✭✭Bank of Ireland: Eve

The funny part about the Google pay option is my card gets declined whenever I try to use it... Only starting with Bank of Ireland until I get a mortgage at this stage...
    Hi Protonmike, thanks for your post here on Boards.ie. 

We’re sorry to hear that you’re having difficulties using your Bank of Ireland card on Google Pay. 

We’d recommend contacting our Customer Service Desk directly on 0818 365 365 and an advisor would certainly be able to look into this for you and offer further guidance. 

If you’ve any further queries please don’t hesitate to get in touch with us here, we’ll certainly do our best to help. 

Thanks, Eve 

• Registered Users Posts: 340 ✭✭The Dark Knight

Bank of Ireland is eliminating individual transaction charges for personal current accounts and this is being replaced by a single flat fee of €6 per month, equating to €72 a year. 

This new pricing structure is simple and transparent and is in response to customer feedback received that the current range of charges for personal current accounts are complex and hard to keep track of. 

In relation to Google Pay is now available to Android users and so you should be able to add your BOI card to the wallet on your smartphone. 

We really appreciate you reaching out and sharing your feedback with us here, we’ll be sure to pass it along. 

Thanks, Eve 

My kbc pricing structure is much simpler.... I pay €0 per month

Switches mainly due to lack of Android pay, but have saved on excess of €50 in doing so.

If someone from BOI had even said they would have it in a years time, I probably wouldn't have switched..... But all we got was "we'll let you know if the situation changes", which they didn't even bother doing.

• Registered Users Posts: 343 ✭✭davidod1

Just Connected My BoI Current Account Card with GPay Today. 

All working fine.  It looks like they have just quietly activated it, they didn't want to bring attention to it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 483 ✭✭Bank of Ireland: Richard F

Thanks, Eve 

My kbc pricing structure is much simpler.... I pay €0 per month

Switches mainly due to lack of Android pay, but have saved on excess of €50 in doing so.

If someone from BOI had even said they would have it in a years time, I probably wouldn't have switched..... But all we got was "we'll let you know if the situation changes", which they didn't even bother doing.
    Hi The Dark Knight,

Thanks for sharing this with us today. 

We really appreciate our customers' feedback, both positive and negative. We're sorry to lose you and we'll certainly share your views with the relevant team.

Thanks,
    Richard

Advertisement