Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Barber/ Hair stylist

Options
  • 16-12-2016 1:56pm
    Registered Users Posts: 38

Hi Guys
    Am looking for a an experienced Barber and Hair stylist. Am over 30 so i prefer something less radical than a full on hipster cut.
    Can someone recommend a few good names? I hear "grooming rooms" is good. Any other suggestions preferably in city center.
    Cheers

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 562 ✭✭✭Flatzie_poo

I was underwhelmed with the Grooming Rooms. OK haircut, but not for the price.

For the money of the GR, I'd hold off and go to the Butcher Barber - slightly more expensive, but a better selection of barbers IMO. PM me for a name or 2 if you need it.

Rather than looking for a location, maybe best to get the name of a specific barber somewhere. PM me if you want one or two names.

Not affiliated in anyway...

• Registered Users Posts: 1,104 ✭✭✭ryaner777

Top 10 barbers in dublin

https://www.yelp.ie/search?cflt=barbers&find_loc=Temple+Bar%2C+Dublin

Can highly recommend No 4 Bedford Stuy, Guys there are proper stylist. They know what they're doing.

Can get busy though, might be worth making an appointment. Especially this week.

• Registered Users Posts: 38 rom9

I was underwhelmed with the Grooming Rooms. OK haircut, but not for the price.

For the money of the GR, I'd hold off and go to the Butcher Barber - slightly more expensive, but a better selection of barbers IMO. PM me for a name or 2 if you need it.

Rather than looking for a location, maybe best to get the name of a specific barber somewhere. PM me if you want one or two names.

Not affiliated in anyway...

Thanks dude. For some reason I can't seem to PM you. Would appreciate it if u can send me a PM on with some names ! cheers

• Registered Users Posts: 38 rom9

ryaner777 wrote: »
    Top 10 barbers in dublin

https://www.yelp.ie/search?cflt=barbers&find_loc=Temple+Bar%2C+Dublin

Can highly recommend No 4 Bedford Stuy, Guys there are proper stylist. They know what they're doing.

Can get busy though, might be worth making an appointment. Especially this week.

Thanks man. What kinds budget are they ?
    I have seen that yelp list before but some names on it I have not heard good things about from some people I know. Well they are not honestly people who would know about hair styles anyways. lol

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,379 ✭✭✭newacc2015

Beards and Bernetts in Temple Bar are really good. I went there after a few people I know recommended it.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 35,954 ✭✭✭✭BorneTobyWilde

Irish Barbers just cut off all your hair. I suggest you go to Italy.
    No such thing as hair style in Ireland when you are a guy, they think they are giving you value to cut it so short and that it will last a few months.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,467 ✭✭✭✭murpho999

Irish Barbers just cut off all your hair. I suggest you go to Italy.
    No such thing as hair style in Ireland when you are a guy, they think they are giving you value to cut it so short and that it will last a few months.

This is not true. It is true in the places that cut your hair for under a tenner but places like Mens Hair Co in Dun Laoghaire will charge more but give a completely different service.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,104 ✭✭✭ryaner777

rom9 wrote: »
    Thanks man. What kinds budget are they ?
    I have seen that yelp list before but some names on it I have not heard good things about from some people I know. Well they are not honestly people who would know about hair styles anyways. lol

you've prob got your haircut by now but I'll respond just in case anyone else wants the info.

They charge between €20 - €25. Includes wash.

My hair takes about 30 to 45 minutes properly and they never rush.

You can see by the way they work they do take pride in a job well done. the downside of this is if you don't make an appointment you may be waiting a while but it's worth it.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,141 ✭✭✭Stealthfins

Irish Barbers just cut off all your hair. I suggest you go to Italy. No such thing as hair style in Ireland when you are a guy, they think they are giving you value to cut it so short and that it will last a few months.

Thats very true, you wont get many creative barbours over here.

I always ask to give it a natural look on the sides, I say dont go higher than there with the razor...
    And 9 times out of ten they cut it their own way.

I find gay guys and women do far better cuts than your run of the mill barbour.

The best cut I ever got was in Liverpool,this really nice gay guy he was great craic....
    He looked at my face profile, then brought out a book and showed me different styles that he said would suit me.

He did exactly what I pointed to, he was an artist

Usually in Ireland you never get a cut like the guy on the crew poster you get something way off and come out running to the closest toilet with a mirror and feeling that dread of wtf

• Registered Users Posts: 4,668 ✭✭✭sheroman01

I highly recommend Barbiere on Baggot Street.

I dread getting haircuts and like my hair to be a bit long and messy. They did exactly what I wanted, didn't take too much off, great cut and style. In fact, they have an ipad showing you different hairstyles if you would like to pick one, very handy. Quite expensive but for wash, blowdry, style and very good cut, I think it's worth it for €27-€32.

• Advertisement
Advertisement