Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Eurovision Song Contest 2017

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 93 ✭✭Wellywoo

26, although Spain is pretty bad, it's favourite to come last, so you could give that a miss.

You're right!! I forgot the host country goes through with the big five! I'm going to have to listen to Spain now because you said that lol :D:D:D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,403 ✭✭✭daisybelle2008

Link to the live Jury show happening now, its about an hour in...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WLWzfgHb-9U

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,586 ✭✭✭4068ac1elhodqr

The UK just put down a good vocal performance in the live (Jury) final. She sure can sing but the song itself isn't awe inspiring.
    It could be a grower but more of a season long grower, rather than anything more immediate.

Variable odds 26-34 on the long side. Croatia (now) 51-67 has been gravitating on the short side all day.

The UK just out down a good vocal performance in the live (Jury) final. She sure can sing but the song itself isn't awe inspiring.
    It could be a grower but more of a season long grower, rather than anything more immediate.

Variable odds 26-34 on the long side. Croatia (now) has been gravitating on the short side all day.

She did well alright. Thought Greece was a bit off and Spain was very weak. Didn't catch Portugal. Romania up now.

She did well alright. Thought Greece was a bit off and Spain was very weak. Didn't catch Portugal. Romania up now.

Some reports that Wilson Philips didn't deliver, after a good SF2 the trio maybe raised expectations up too high. Romania = chaotic yodeling into a cement mixer.

• Advertisement

Some reports that Wilson Philips didn't deliver, after a good SF2 the trio maybe raised expectations up too high. Romania = chaotic yodeling into a cement mixer.

Yeah, a technical issue apparently. The yodeling a bit grating alright :D.

I don't think Germany is as bad as she is made out. I have 5 on Spain to come last so hopefully its not her :D.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,922 ✭✭✭snowflaker

Blanche sounding v good

Sweden is so meh

snowflaker wrote: »
    Blanche sounding v good

But she isn't singing to a few hundred million, just the jury and some press folks. Don't think visual broadcasts are allowed for this part.

But she isn't singing to a few hundred million, just the jury and some press folks. Don't think visual broadcasts are allowed for this part.

No, but jury vote on the song yeah?

• Advertisement

Not loving France

snowflaker wrote: »
    No, but jury vote on the song yeah?

Yep 50% value. She is some value for the markets W/O Italy and with e/w 3pl (1/4) @15. Equating to 375% ROI for a top 4 placement.

There is a chance Ita will wear thin and end up 5th, who knows how long the novelty of a dancing Gorilla will last. Then again, the milkmaid from 2016 is still a popular 5-sec VT sting.

Yep 50% value. She is some value for the markets W/O Italy and with e/w 3pl (1/4) @15. Equating to 375% ROI for a top 4 placement.

There is a chance Ita will wear thin and end up 5th, who knows how long the novelty of a dancing Gorilla will last. Then again, the milkmaid from 2016 is still a popular 5-sec VT sting.

I mean, they vote on the song, rather than staging etc

Market showing W/O Italy as favourite even though its Portugal.

I think after tonight I think UK 2.20 and Moldova 2.25 are a good price for Top Ten Finish.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,039 ✭✭✭✭retro:electro

What do people think of the three girls singing in the sparkly dresses? I can't remember the country... They remind me of the group Wilson Philips

anna080 wrote: »
    What do people think of the three girls singing in the sparkly dresses? I can't remember the country... They remind me of the group Wilson Philips

The Netherlands, I wasn't a fan

Are they paying out for top 4 or 3.

Are they paying out for top 4 or 3.

It's 3pl, but if you include Italy landing in among them, then effectively it's 4pl^.

The prices for the w/o fav market are fairly random, the BP's are Bulgaria @3 and @1.9 for Portugal.

Currently only really have interest in the outsiders in W/O market (^4pl) and for high yields via 'very small stakes' on 'mixed multi line sports' with available insurances or enhancements.

Certainty don't load in at evens, as this market is unpredictable enough as demonstrated after the two semi-finals. Lets hope the televote machine is free from the 'topical type hacks' tomorrow also.

There is what looks like an unofficial blog out there with plenty of live updates:
    http://esctoday.com/148048/eurovision-2017-live-updates-grand-final-jury-show/
    they reckon via the closed-door event that Blance was 'visually' stronger than before.

Further analysis from the sofa chap:
    http://sofabet.com/2017/05/12/eurovision-2017-grand-final-dress-rehearsal/

There is also news feed aggregation (just like from the many elections) available also:
    http://www.newsnow.co.uk/h/Hot+Topics/Eurovision+Song+Contest

Belgium, Sweden, Bulgaria have the best running order - for voter recall.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,120 ✭✭✭✭Strazdas

Italian and Portuguese performances at the jury final tonight

Italy :

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=P282WrpxhXM

Portugal :

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EmWqD29OHwA&t=1s

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 56,600 ✭✭✭✭walshb

JP Liz V1 wrote: »
    Why do Ireland even bother trying anymore, I think we could send Bono dueting with Saoirse Ronan on a dance track wearing just duct tape and wouldn't qualify

Bono can't sing for sh1t!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,151 ✭✭✭✭Rjd2

Have bet Armenia in many scenarios, in the outright, betting without italy and to win the 1st semi final. Is the money dead lads?:(

It's 3pl, but if you include Italy landing in among them, then effectively it's 4pl^.

The prices for the w/o fav market are fairly random, the BP's are Bulgaria @3 and @1.9 for Portugal.

Currently only really have interest in the outsiders in W/O market (^4pl) and for high yields via 'very small stakes' on 'mixed multi line sports' with available insurances or enhancements.

Certainty don't load in at evens, as this market is unpredictable enough as demonstrated after the two semi-finals. Lets hope the televote machine is free from the 'topical type hacks' tomorrow also.

Ah that's interesting. Belguim is good value as the outsider in the W/O as you say.

Rjd2 wrote: »
    Have bet Armenia in many scenarios, in the outright, betting without italy and to win the 1st semi final. Is the money dead lads?:(

E/W?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,151 ✭✭✭✭Rjd2

E/W?

Yeah each way for outright and without Italy.:o

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,205 ✭✭✭✭hmmm

Rjd2 wrote: »
    They haven't a great draw, but they have the best package in my view (song, performance & geographic location). I just can't see the Eastern Europeans voting for Belgium, Italy or Portugal, I suspect they're over-rated.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,205 ✭✭✭✭hmmm

Some interesting speculation about Bulgaria in the comments to this article
    http://sofabet.com/2017/05/12/eurovision-2017-grand-final-dress-rehearsal/

• Registered Users Posts: 3,434 ✭✭✭Robsweezie

Im backing Australia to do well. The song has been stuck in my head, just about the only song from the semis that is.

It would be awesome if Portugal won tomorrow night. They've done so poorly in Eurovision for so many years, and yet are still one of the few nations to continue sending entries in their native language.....I think they really deserve a break at this stage!

I like the Italian entry but am not so sure it's a winner right now. Bulgaria's entry is good but again I'm not sure it's a winner.

I just hope that Portugal, Italy, Hungary and Belarus all do well enough on Saturday night to convince other countries to send songs in their native languages (or any non-Enlgish language). The English language has dominated for long enough, it's about time we heard other languages come to the fore.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 43 BillyKilkenny

I think Belgium has the best song in the contest, it;s a real grower. Hope it does well

Advertisement