Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Shopping without a list

2»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 32,688 ✭✭✭✭ytpe2r5bxkn0c1

looksee wrote: »
    Its almost impossible to buy decent quality safety pins.

The local haberdashery here has a wide selection, as Mrs S will attest to.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 535 ✭✭✭paulgalway

You can't beat a list. Mine is on a post-it type app on the phone and you tick of the items as you put them in the trolley. You make a full list once and turn on the items to highlight them for buying. It means there are aisles I don't even go down most weeks and the entire shop can be done in less than 20 minutes.

Which app do you use?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 32,634 ✭✭✭✭Graces7

looksee wrote: »
    Its almost impossible to buy decent quality safety pins.

Wonder why? I would love nappy pins as they are for keeping covers on the settee re the dog. Only place I have got them from was a small fabric shop in Killarney . Someone said maybe a dealz or similar so will try next time I am out.

Killarney is rather too far to go!;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,742 ✭✭✭✭looksee

Well you really don't need nappy pins with disposable nappies! And really pretty much all they are used for is pinning tags on delegates at conferences etc, so the ones you get are feeble little one-use things.

Graces7 wrote: »
    Wonder why? I would love nappy pins as they are for keeping covers on the settee re the dog. Only place I have got them from was a small fabric shop in Killarney . Someone said maybe a dealz or similar so will try next time I am out.

Killarney is rather too far to go!;)

Any fabric or yarn shop will have them. We even got some in Mothercare.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 7,108 ✭✭✭Jellybaby1

Any fabric or yarn shop will have them. We even got some in Mothercare.

Yep, I bought my last set of nappy pins in Mothercare. I was actually using them for the pudding cloth on my Christmas pud!!! They're the best!! For those who never heard of this before, you've missed another great tradition!! :D Alternatively, I could have bought a kilt pin!!

paulgalway wrote: »
    Which app do you use?

ColorNote.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 27,252 CMod ✭✭✭✭spurious

Wanted to write to a recently bereaved friend. Do you think I could find writing paper and envelopes? Not on your Nelly. Had to trawl all sorts of places and be met with blank looks by under 25s who didn't seem to grasp the concept of 'letter'.

Eventually found a not very nice white pad and envelopes in a supermarket.
    Hang on to any Basildon Bond you have.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,742 ✭✭✭✭looksee

You are supposed to send a purchased sentimental card with a pome. Sorry, not true obviously, but I agree its a bit difficult.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,108 ✭✭✭Jellybaby1

Naw, not difficult at all. I bet all you need to do is go get someone else to write your shopping list for you.....

http://snailmailmyemail.org/

The world's gone mad I tellya!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 32,634 ✭✭✭✭Graces7

Jellybaby1 wrote: »
    Yep, I bought my last set of nappy pins in Mothercare. I was actually using them for the pudding cloth on my Christmas pud!!! They're the best!! For those who never heard of this before, you've missed another great tradition!! :D Alternatively, I could have bought a kilt pin!!

Driving 50 miles each way which it would be from here, for a packet of safety pins is rather too far ;) add on a walk I cannot always manage now.. cost of petrol...

This shop is excellent .. used to get all I needed there..

http://www.craftersbasket.com/haberdashery/fasteners-pins/pins.html

And I need needles too..and pins..

http://www.craftersbasket.com/search.html?search%5Bkeywords%5D=needles&_a=category

Let An Post do the work..

Advertisement