Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Travel Insurance to Korea

Options
  • 16-12-2016 7:33pm
    Registered Users Posts: 201 ✭✭

Hello.

I am going for 2 weeks to Korea in August with my 8yo daughter.

I have been looking at travel insurances but i'm kind of lost since i don't know if they are reliable and usually i only find bad reviews about travel insurance companies when i search on google.

I know there have been previous threads on this topic, but none have helped me with my search. I want an insurance that will cover us 100%

While making my search, some websites don't show the dates in which i will be travelling and others, in spite of saying Worldwide don't show Korea on their list of countries.

So if you bought a travel insurance and had a positive experience with a company, please do let me know.

Thank you in advance =)

Comments

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 1,809 ✭✭✭conor_ie

I'm going to assume you're travelling to South Korea, then you should be covered by Worldwide excluding USA, Canada

http://www.comparetravelinsuranceireland.com/annual-multi-trip-travel-insurance/

These would be the main companies in Ireland, I've used a few of them.. never any claims made so i've no issues with them!

• Registered Users Posts: 201 ✭✭Hesthea

conor_ie wrote: »
    I'm going to assume you're travelling to South Korea, then you should be covered by Worldwide excluding USA, Canada

http://www.comparetravelinsuranceireland.com/annual-multi-trip-travel-insurance/

These would be the main companies in Ireland, I've used a few of them.. never any claims made so i've no issues with them!

Hi, Connor.

Yes, South Korea.

Which ones have you used?
    I was going to opt for the AA but found bad reviews about it and same for multitrip, insure and go and cover for you. =/

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 16,602 CMod ✭✭✭✭faceman

Hesthea wrote: »
    Hi, Connor.

Yes, South Korea.

Which ones have you used?
    I was going to opt for the AA but found bad reviews about it and same for multitrip, insure and go and cover for you. =/

The thing with travel insurance is you don't really know who the best are until you need it. And cheap isn't always best.

Best thing to do is compare cover across numerous policies and make a choice then.

I went with Get Cover this year. Last year I went with Laya.

faceman wrote: »
    The thing with travel insurance is you don't really know who the best are until you need it. And cheap isn't always best.

Best thing to do is compare cover across numerous policies and make a choice then.

I went with Get Cover this year. Last year I went with Laya.

Thanks, faceman. I'm going to check Get Cover and Laya too.

I don't mind paying an extra more as long we are protected. Better to be safe than sorry.

There is something i forgot to ask. We will have a 18h stop in Finland. We will stay at an hotel and if time allows go check the city center. Does it still count as a single trip or multi trip insurance?

Bought my travel insurance from Blue Insurance.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 669 ✭✭✭tallaghtfornia

Laya is the best in my opinion

Laya is the best in my opinion

Every time i tried to buy it online from them i would always get a message saying that they do not accept insurances after 14 June 2017.

Advertisement