Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

2016 gig of the year

Options
13»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,545 ✭✭✭tunguska

I know tribute bands wouldnt normally spring to mind for gig of the year bit just having seen Live forever in the button factory last night I have to throw my vote their way. It was a magical night. And im not even a big Oasis fan, id be more a radiohead man myself but this gig was special.

• Registered Users Posts: 419 ✭✭scottmcb04

i managed to see 170 live bands this year, so couldn't possibly narrow it down to 1... in no particular order

sigur ros
    daughter
    whitney
    julien baker
    godspeed you black emperor
    guns'n'roses
    bjork
    the gloaming
    local natives
    big thief
    kiasmos
    the necks
    of monsters and men

got a bit carried away there but can't take any off that list... could prob add another 10

• Registered Users Posts: 567 ✭✭✭roll

scottmcb04 wrote: »
    i managed to see 170 live bands this year, so couldn't possibly narrow it down to 1... in no particular order

sigur ros
    daughter
    whitney
    julien baker
    guns'n'roses
    bjork
    the gloaming
    local natives
    big thief
    kiasmos
    the necks
    of monsters and men

got a bit carried away there but can't take any off that list... could prob add another 10

can i be you?!

• Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 23,223 Mod ✭✭✭✭GLaDOS

scottmcb04 wrote: »

sigur ros
    daughter
    whitney
    julien baker
    guns'n'roses
    bjork
    the gloaming
    local natives
    big thief
    kiasmos
    the necks
    of monsters and men

That's seriously impressive! Some great bands in the top 10 as well. Missed out on Sigur Ros and GY!BE myself unfortunately.

Cake, and grief counseling, will be available at the conclusion of the test

Advertisement