Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Vantage Vue -> Android Box -> Internet

Options
  • 16-12-2016 8:16pm
    Registered Users Posts: 8,913 ✭✭✭

Hi All,

Just wondering if there is an App that is available on Android that can read my Vantage Vue, transmit the data to my site or WeatherUnderground etc...

Basically, rather than use a PC or Laptop, I want to use an android box (with USB ports) to read the Vantage Vue Console and upload the data to the net.

Pity Sandaysoft (Cumulus) don't do an Android version of their brilliant software.

So, if anyone has anything please share!!!

LW.

Comments

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 4,467 Mod ✭✭✭✭mickger844posts

Danno wrote: »
    Hi All,

Just wondering if there is an App that is available on Android that can read my Vantage Vue, transmit the data to my site or WeatherUnderground etc...

Basically, rather than use a PC or Laptop, I want to use an android box (with USB ports) to read the Vantage Vue Console and upload the data to the net.

Pity Sandaysoft (Cumulus) don't do an Android version of their brilliant software.

So, if anyone has anything please share!!!

LW.

There is no Android app that will do this for you. If you don't want to use a PC or laptop to upload to WU your best bet is using a Meteobridge. Google it for more details. A cheaper way would be to use a raspberry pi. Again Google is your friend on more details how to set up and work.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,424 ✭✭✭✭Supercell

There is a raspberry version of Cumulus (MX) that is a nice solution instead of having to have a bigger pc running all day.

Have a weather station?, why not join the Ireland Weather Network - http://irelandweather.eu/

• Registered Users Posts: 8,913 ✭✭✭Danno

• Registered Users Posts: 3,057 ✭✭✭civdef

Used a Raspberry Pi3 with this software to do same job:
    http://pythonhosted.org/pywws/en/html/guides/getstarted.html

Advertisement