Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Tesco Sneaky Pricing

Options
  • 16-12-2016 8:18pm
    Registered Users Posts: 12,840 ✭✭✭✭

I officially hate Tesco.

Lovely offer tonight on selection boxes, 3 for €5. I'll have 3 then. Except they weren't 3 for €5. No... €6.29 each or 2 for €8. So €14.29 then.

Needless to say I took them back and I told the girl who came with me to the shelf. "Look it's actually 2 for €8" she says. "Well why is that right down at the lowest level and you've a run of 3 for €5 at eye level". "The stacker must have made a mistake"

This is a constant in tesco. Got kitchen foil last month where 10 metres was 79c. Got to the till and it was a 20 metre pack for nearly €3...grand I was stupid and never looked at the pack. However it was in an area on its own with this special offer and guess what? There wasn't a single 10 metre roll there only a bundle of 20 metre ones (exact same pack size only 20m instead of 10m). They hadn't ran out of 10m either as the shelf where they normally had them was full.

Sneaky or honest mistake? Or am I an eejit for not looking close enough to see that the special offer advertisement is not actually what's on the shelf?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 483 ✭✭ejabrod

Tesco is always at this shít.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,572 ✭✭✭Colser

I've gotten caught by that also..has to be deliberate imo as it happens too often.Very sneaky..

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 51,688 Mod ✭✭✭✭Stheno

mfceiling wrote: »
    Or am I an eejit for not looking close enough to see that the special offer advertisement is not actually what's on the shelf?

This :pac: always check

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 31,117 ✭✭✭✭snubbleste

Yes you are an idiot, caller, always check

Dealz have Maltesers and Cadbury selection packs 3 for €3

• Registered Users Posts: 12,840 ✭✭✭✭mfceiling

snubbleste wrote: »
    Yes you are an idiot, caller, always check

Dealz have Maltesers and Cadbury selection packs 3 for €3

Thanks for confirming my eejit status!! Thanks for the heads up on deals though.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 891 ✭✭✭redfacedbear

They have 2 different offers - 3 small selection boxes for €5 or 2 middling sized ones for €8. In my local it was fairly easy discern which was which.

• Registered Users Posts: 32,382 ✭✭✭✭rubadub

mfceiling wrote: »
    This is a constant in tesco.
    It is indeed, so I am surprised you are not checking.

Sometimes it is not a lazy stacker, customers can put stuff in the trolley, happen across a similar item on sale and dump the first one in that spot.

I cross check the barcodes, you don't need every single digit, just 4 or so at the end should do it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,373 ✭✭✭✭foggy_lad

I'm still waiting on a simple €20 credit on my bank card dating back to 6th December and Customer Care can't seem to get a handle on the issue at all so i firmly believe that much of the mis-pricing is just laziness in store and managers not doing their jobs properly.

Advertisement