Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Residential tracker mortgage ptsb advice needed

• 16-12-2016 8:30pm
    Registered Users Posts: 206 ✭✭

Hi

I currently have a tracker mortgage with PTSB. I want to buy a house as the place I live in is too small 2 bed apartment for family also in negative equity so not selling. My question is will the bank I go for the second mortgage inform PTSB and then I lose my tracker?

Does anyone out there have a residential tracker mortgage with PTSB and do they know if you can retain it while you rent?

Any advice would be greatly appreciated

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 75 ✭✭islander222

lbyrne121 wrote: »
    Hi

I currently have a tracker mortgage with PTSB. I want to buy a house as the place I live in is too small 2 bed apartment for family also in negative equity so not selling. My question is will the bank I go for the second mortgage inform PTSB and then I lose my tracker?

Does anyone out there have a residential tracker mortgage with PTSB and do they know if you can retain it while you rent?

Any advice would be greatly appreciated

I have a PTSB tracker mortgage and we've just moved out of that house to be closer to family. We're renting a house whilst planning on letting out our home in January.
    I would also be keen to know if the tracker can be retained.
    My understanding is that it can't but I'm not 100% sure... I do know that you could "port" your tracker over to a new home even if you're in negative equity.

• Registered Users Posts: 206 ✭✭lbyrne121

** MOD PLEASE DELETE **

Advertisement