Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Free christmas gift for existing Sky customers

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,802 ✭✭✭thegills

Still getting the error so no gift for me.
    "Oops, there seems to be a problem. Sorry, it looks like there's been a problem identifying your Sky Christmas gift"

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 210 ✭✭damo80

thanks OP got my €16.99 too might get rogue one and wait the few months before its actually out!!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,482 ✭✭✭Sunny Dayz

Just got my email voucher for the sky store. Now to figure out what to use it on. Santa had already organised two dvds that the youngster was looking for!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,847 ✭✭✭micks_address

mansize wrote: »
    Got the free sky box sets- watching West Wing- cheers op

Thanks op got my credit today. Anyone know if you can buy ultra HD movies on the app? I only see hd and dvd keep options
    Thanks,
    Mick

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 488 ✭✭The Diddakoi

Got mine by email today too.
    Thanks op :)

• Registered Users Posts: 281 ✭✭Buyingcar2012

Do you need broadband to get access to the box sets? Mine is down at the moment.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,175 ✭✭✭✭Mantis Toboggan

Anything decent in the sky store?

Free Palestine 🇵🇸

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 890 ✭✭✭Dontfadeaway

Anyone else still waiting for a voucher?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,862 ✭✭✭v10

Anyone else still waiting for a voucher?

Yep !

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,324 ✭✭✭BBMcQ

Just got mine

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,452 ✭✭✭davywalsh7

v10 wrote: »
    Yep !

Still waiting too

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,880 ✭✭✭RayCon

Got my €16.99 store voucher - thanks op. Ordered The Beatles: Eight Days a Week - The Touring Years (2016) - got my DVD dispatch mail today

Do you need to set up an account? Or can you just click redeem voucher and input your email/postal address? :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,722 ✭✭✭✭machiavellianme

davywalsh7 wrote: »
    Still waiting too

Me also. Applied the first day it was posted here?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,593 ✭✭✭theteal

Got my email - yay!

Can't redeem my UK code while I'm in Ireland - nay!

I'll have to turn on the laptop to cyberghost to the UK before the 31st.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 801 ✭✭✭nialldinho

Me also. Applied the first day it was posted here?

Same here

• Subscribers Posts: 32,856 ✭✭✭✭5starpool

Still 'oops' for me.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,482 ✭✭✭Sunny Dayz

Are the people who got the oops message on full sky subscriptions by any chance? My friend tried the link and got the oops message but she has full subscription, movies, sport, hd the lot.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 422 ✭✭fman

Also still waiting

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,288 ✭✭✭Virtanen

Got mine by email this afternoon

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,133 ✭✭✭Patty O Furniture

Sunny Dayz wrote: »
    Are the people who got the oops message on full sky subscriptions by any chance? My friend tried the link and got the oops message but she has full subscription, movies, sport, hd the lot.

Full here, still waiting :(

Do you have to do anything else to get it or just wait?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,579 ✭✭✭charlietheminxx

Got free box sets! Cheers OP :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,160 ✭✭✭Felix Jones is God

Getting the "oops" message, been with sky for years and on a mid level package...tbh I couldn't be bothered ringing for a free gift, a few box sets isn't worth the hassle.. But nice if works for some of ye

• Registered Users Posts: 26 TheAlbert

I was getting the ooops message when I was trying to redeem the voucher through my iphone but it worked when I tried it using an Ipad - may help some people

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,593 ✭✭✭theteal

TheAlbert wrote: »
    I was getting the ooops message when I was trying to redeem the voucher through my iphone but it worked when I tried it using an Ipad - may help some people

How do you know when somebody has a.....? :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,722 ✭✭✭✭machiavellianme

Has What? Don't leave us in suspense!
    A Prince Albert?

Still no voucher in the post or email. Don't think it's coming now. Could they not have just automatically added it to eligible accounts?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 890 ✭✭✭Dontfadeaway

Got voucher email yesterday

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,049 ✭✭✭Unearthly

Getting the oops error on all devices. Sent them an email but not holding out much hope

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,485 ✭✭✭✭Banjo

YEah, I'm still waiting. Site said I'd get the voucher... No letter, no email. :(

• Registered Users Posts: 37 DCD162

Still waiting, also no letter or email!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,359 ✭✭✭naughto

Got the box set

• Registered Users Posts: 666 ✭✭✭sadie1502

Got the oops message again it's most annoying I've emailed them so ill wait and see. I've been with them years also. So I'm non too pleased.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,391 ✭✭✭VeVeX

It says on their site that if you dont get the voucher on or before the 24th to contact them.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,431 ✭✭✭gunnerfitzy

Email arrived yesterday. No problems using the code. I got the Alien movies box set (4 movies). Happy out! :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,744 ✭✭✭pawrick

Another satisfied customer, received voucher code by email yesterday (2 day wait) and purchased a couple of movies for xmas.

Thanks OP would have missed this offer if you hadn't posted.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 69 ✭✭mar2000

Thanks OP. I got the voucher via email for €16.99 for buy and keep. It let me order the complete box set of Breaking Bad and all I had to pay was €17 extra.

VeVeX wrote: »
    It says on their site that if you dont get the voucher on or before the 24th to contact them.

Yeah, but if I haven't got it by the 23rd I'm going to be drunk until after the expiry date. So that doesn't fly...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 792 ✭✭✭rustynutz

Thanks op, woulnt have spotted this if it wasn't for ya

• Registered Users Posts: 52 ✭✭Captain Don Thorpe

Do purchases on skystore go to your default box or can you choose which box to send it to after you buy?

• Advertisement

They don't go to any box, far as I remember. You have to choose to send it from the Sky Store page. There's a "Send to Sky Box" button on the film page in your library. I only own 1 box so no idea if you can pick and choose at that point.

• Registered Users Posts: 37 DCD162

Got my voucher emailed today! :-) Thanks OP

• Registered Users Posts: 82 ✭✭Miss OMMC

Kept getting the 'oops' message and then realised I was logged in with an old account.

Anyway, logged in correctly and got sky box sets free for 3 months!

Thanks OP

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 801 ✭✭✭nialldinho

Got my email voucher this afternoon having registered the day this was posted.

Thanks again OP!

• Registered Users Posts: 712 ✭✭✭Logo

mar2000 wrote: »
    Thanks OP. I got the voucher via email for €16.99 for buy and keep. It let me order the complete box set of Breaking Bad and all I had to pay was €17 extra.

Hey thanks for the info. I didn't realise that you could pay the difference for a box set - did you need to plug in credit card details or is it taken from your account? Also I've never seen Breaking Bad so I'm tempted to buy... Anything else worth a watch? I've seen a few episodes of Game of Thrones and although good - not good enough to buy. My Name Is Earl sounds ok though... I know I sound like a kid in a sweetshop!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,862 ✭✭✭v10

I got my €16.99 voucher by email today !

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,133 ✭✭✭Patty O Furniture

mar2000 wrote: »

I saw it in CEX for €28 today, but i didn't know you could pay remainder on a boxset?
    nialldinho wrote: »
    Got my email voucher this afternoon having registered the day this was posted.

Thanks again OP!

Maybe that's where we're going wrong, not having registered?

But got this email this morning, after emailing them last nite:
    Hi

To thank you for being a Sky TV customer, we’re giving you a Christmas gift – 3 months’ Sky Box Sets. You’ll be able to enjoy some truly unmissable TV this winter. No catches.

Getting your gift is easy
    Using your Sky remote, go to Top Picks on your TV homepage and select the Thank You image.

There you’ll find modern classics like The West Wing and Grey’s Anatomy, as well as new and exclusive shows like Billions and Fortitude – plus so much more.
    A gift that lasts longer
    You can enjoy Sky Box Sets, on us, from Christmas Eve. On Thursday 23 March, your Sky channels will go back to normal – there’s nothing you need to do. So get cosy this winter and start enjoying back-to-back must-see shows.
    Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year from everyone at Sky.

Is it the same as everyone, i only see More Top Picks on the homepage on the bottom on the right hand side.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 531 ✭✭✭macjohn

Did not do anything and Got an email from sky - free box sets for 3 months!!! Yeah. :-)
    So for anyone familiar with it whats worth watching? - was a west wing fan back in the day

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,208 ✭✭✭bennyx_o

Oops, there seems to be a problem

Sorry, it looks like there's been a problem identifying your Sky Christmas gift.

Still getting this :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,268 ✭✭✭✭uck51js9zml2yt

Just got my free code.

Will sell it for €20;)......

......Gets coat!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,398 ✭✭✭bladespin

Boxsets for Christmas excellent! Thanks OP

MasteryDarts Ireland - Master your game!

• Advertisement
Advertisement