Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Priest: suspected rapist, murderer was 'generous to a fault'

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 35,564 ✭✭✭✭Hotblack Desiato

Telling the truth is bad for business, this is one of the least harmful examples of their habitual evasion/lying/'mental reservation'

Scrap the cap!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,992 ✭✭✭✭recedite

what the **** is this priest talking about?
    He's talking about money. Who says money can't buy loyalty?
    Money buys justice in this country, or at least justice costs a lot of money.
    “You’re only brave with your guns in your hand. Two children dead over your drug involvement.”
    Desmond, smiling, replied: “Eight years. I’ll do it on my back.”

Desmond would serve much less than that. In December 2004, the Court of Criminal Appeal overturned his conviction and Desmond walked free.
    Money buys you a good funeral and a good word from a priest. But it can only buy you so much time when there are people around who are so aggrieved they can't be bought.

I have to say though, I like the deceased man's word "splending"... very creative. Though I note it already existed before he "created it".

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,559 ✭✭✭✭El_Duderino 09

what the **** is this priest talking about?

Psychopaths often regulate heir behaviour to make sure they're not spotted. The successful ones are often very popular as people - then nobody can figure out what happened when they commit terrible crimes.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,907 ✭✭✭✭Kristopherus

Hell isin't hot enough for that bastard and the priest should have refused to have anything to do with his funeral. Full stop.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,573 ✭✭✭Nick Park

Which reminds me of the old story about a gangster who died. His brother, also a gangster, approached the priest and said, "I'll donate €100,000 to the church if you conduct my brother's funeral and tell everyone he was a saint."
    The priest agreed. So on the day of the funeral the priest's oration was as follows: "The deceased was a vicious and violent man. He was a murderer, an adulterer and a thief. However, compared to his brother, he was a saint."

• Advertisement
Advertisement