Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

How to stop junk mail?

Options
  • 16-12-2016 11:07pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,119 ✭✭✭

Who is responsible for delivering all that junk mail in Sligo? I have a "No Junk Mail" sign on my letter box but I'm still getting it. Is there anyone that can be contacted?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 345 ✭✭Dr Devious

Is the sign in Polish/Latvian/Czech/Lithuanian/Romanian/Russian/Urdu/Dutch/Spanish/Hungarian.

If not how do expect ALL the local denizens to able to read your sign???

• Registered Users Posts: 1,119 ✭✭✭worlds goodest teecher

Dr Devious wrote: »
    Is the sign in Polish/Latvian/Czech/Lithuanian/Romanian/Russian/Urdu/Dutch/Spanish/Hungarian.

But surely there is one company that is in charge of delivering most of it, it's all in a bundle. Ultimately it's me who has to pay for its disposal in recycling charges.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,158 ✭✭✭loki7777

Dr Devious wrote: »

I would say An Post

• Registered Users Posts: 13,754 ✭✭✭✭mrcheez

Sellotape across the letterbox works

If postie really has something for you he'll knock ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 621 ✭✭✭Bebo stunnah

mrcheez wrote: »
    Sellotape across the letterbox works

If postie really has something for you he'll knock ;)

They only have to knock to tell you to unblock it, if you don't unblock it it can be returned as you effectively don't have a delivery point anymore. They can't even deliver a missed delivery ticket if you're not there.

First suggestion I'd give is to make sure your "no junk mail" sign is visible, preferably from the end of your driveway. You wouldn't believe the amount of people that decide to put a brass coloured sign on a brass letterbox (or similarly coloured wood panels) and has black writing, almost invisible until you're at the door.

Not only is that crap heavy, it's awkward to carry around so (s)he'll appreciate it (An Post won't though).
    From what I've been told the amount of time it takes to put that stuff together and the extra delivery time isn't worth it to the postperson.

I told my own postman that I didn't want it, but kept getting it until I stuck one up myself. After that the only time I got crap through the door was people deliberately ignoring it; local fast food, religious material, services the travelling community provided and and the odd bits and pieces from citypost(?), all of whom were called back to retrieve their rubbish.

• Advertisement
Advertisement