Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

F**k Cancer

• 16-12-2016 11:18pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,551 ✭✭✭

Just got news today that my dad, who had advanced stage prostate cancer, is finally on the up. After radio therapy and chemo his latest scan showed... Nothing! Doctors said there was no trace of it. Will obviously still be monitored. We all expected it to be the worst.

No reason to post this really. Just feel on top of the world.

Cheers! :)

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,683 ✭✭✭zweton

amazing:)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,285 ✭✭✭Summer wind

Delighted to hear your good news. Happy Christmas:)

swiftblade wrote: »
    Just got news today that my dad, who had advanced stage prostate cancer, is finally on the up. After radio therapy and chemo his latest scan showed... Nothing! Doctors said there was no trace of it. Will obviously still be monitored. We all expected it to be the worst.

Fantastic news swiftblade! Got similar news on Monday with my Mam. Chemo has more or less done its job with her lymphoma. Everything that had to be dealt with was dealt with but like your Da, it still has to be monitored. Finish the course etc. High five!! All the best for 2017! :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,551 ✭✭✭swiftblade

Delighted to hear your good news. Happy Christmas:)

Before heading to work today, I hated the idea that we would find the results out just before Christmas. Now it's like the best ****ing present ever. :D

Fantastic news swiftblade! Got similar news on Monday with my Mam. Chemo has more or less done its job with her lymphoma. Everything that had to be dealt with was dealt with but like your Da, it still has to be monitored. Finish the course etc. High five!! All the best for 2017! :D

2016 was a ****fest, but seems to have ended okay. :)

All the best to your mam!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 31,152 ✭✭✭✭KERSPLAT!

Fantastic news!! :)

A family member started chemo today, praying it all goes well.

I lost my own father to cancer 2 years ago. Great to hear more stories like this.

Sorry to hear that. :(

This has spurred me to look after my own health though.

Love hearing good news. My parents both overcome cancer.

Sadly, my cousin won't be as lucky. There is nothing treatment can do for him now so he has gone home to die :(

KERSPLAT! wrote: »
    Fantastic news!! :)

A family member started chemo today, praying it all goes well.

My dad took it surprisingly well. Although I put that down to how healthy he was before it. He'd run 10km everyday.

Even during chemo, he ran/walked everyday.

2016 was a ****fest, but seems to have ended okay. :)

All the best to your mam!

Cheers.

Same to your Dad!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 681 ✭✭✭Mr. FoggPatches

Fair play. Delighted for you, your dad and your family.
    Take that cancer, you c*nt!!!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,243 ✭✭✭discobeaker

I lost my dad to prostate cancer back in April,he had just finished all his chemo but his body was just too weak to go on. Cancer is the biggest cnut ever.

That's great news about your dad :)

Enjoy every minute this Xmas

• Registered Users Posts: 7,237 ✭✭✭mcmoustache

Great to hear, dude.

Best of luck.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,646 ✭✭✭✭qo2cj1dsne8y4k

Delighted to hear that. i can only imagine the weight of the whole world has been lifted off you. Best Christmas present ever.

Thoughts to anyone else with family members going through treatment too.

It was January 2015 he found out something was up. So almost 2 years.

I know he's not in the clear yet, and possibly never will be, but this is the first bit of really good news since then. Puts your life into perspective too.

• Registered Users Posts: 455 ✭✭Leogirl

I started 2016 with a new baby and very
    aggressive breast cancer- very very unsure if I'd be here to share another Christmas with her.

I'm finishing 2016 cancer free, finished all treatments and only last week had the last surgery in this horrible journey to give myself a new rack!!! ;-) My little girl is asleep in her Christmas pjs tonight and will be spoiled this year. I'm a bit OTT this year :-)

Cancer doesn't always win!! Great news for your dad and family OP. Happy Christmas!!

I lost my own father to cancer 2 years ago. Great to hear more stories like this.

My condolences, Captain. Lost my own father 2 years ago to cancer too. 3 in February.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,909 ✭✭✭✭Wanderer78

fantastic news op, cancer truly is a dreadful illness, a large portion of my family has died from it. i wish you and your family the best christmas

My condolences, Captain. Lost my own father 2 years ago to cancer too. 3 in February.

How busy the radiology department is in Beaumont, always tore me apart. :(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,085 ✭✭✭relax carry on

Fair f**ks to your dad. I love good news. F**K cancer six ways from Sunday!

• Advertisement

My dad is still on steroids, so can't drink too much sadly.
    (Still bought him a stupidly expensive bottle of whiskey)

I'm doing enough drinking for both of us. Haven't been this happy in a while. :P

How busy the radiology department is in Beaumont, always tore me apart. :(

St James, St Lukes (radiology) and The Hermitage for my father. He couldn't be treated here in Limerick. I'll never forget St James hospital for all the wrong reasons.

My dad is still on steroids, so can't drink too much sadly.
    (Still bought him a stupidly expensive bottle of whiskey)

I'm doing enough drinking for both of us. Haven't been this happy in a while. :P

spend as much time with him as possible, unfortunately my father didnt make it

Wanderer78 wrote: »
    spend as much time with him as possible, unfortunately my father didnt make it

Sorry to hear that. It's way too common, but I can only hope it becomes less so.

Honestly, and I know it's cliche, it has emphasized the brevity of life for me. This Christmas will be good.

Sorry to hear that. It's way too common, but I can only hope it becomes less so.

Honestly, and I know it's cliche, it has emphasized the brevity of life for me. This Christmas will be good.

its a very life changing experience for all of you but obviously for your father. just spend as much time together as you can. you ve all been given a second chance at life together

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,647 ✭✭✭lazybones32

No reason to post this really.

That's a very good reason to post it! We celebrate with you, your dad, family and friends.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,174 ✭✭✭RhubarbCrumble

My partner's father was diagnosed with prostate cancer recently. He's elderly and while he'll be with us this year, I don't know if he'll see Xmas 2017 to be honest. Delighted to hear your Dad's good new OP and the others who have posted in this thread.

I dont know you personally as in most cases on boards :) but i feel your relief and delight shining through this post. That is absolutely terrific news. Delighted for you and the family. Enjoy christmas and all the best for 2017 and beyond :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,759 ✭✭✭Winterlong

This thread has really cheered me up this morning. Delighted for you OP.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 14,521 ✭✭✭✭mansize

My mum was diagnosed with Breast cancer two years ago, she already suffers with colitis.

She immediately got a mastectomy but the chemo was very hard on her.

She's doing well now, but tires easily and I worry when she has to go back for tests.

Great news re your Dad, I lost my grandad to (what was initially) prostate cancer 4 years ago.

Men, get checked!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,647 ✭✭✭lazybones32

mansize wrote: »
    My mum was diagnosed with Breast cancer two years ago, she already suffers with colitis.

She immediately got a mastectomy but the chemo was very hard on her.

She's doing well now, but tires easily and I worry when she has to go back for tests.

Great news re your Dad, I lost my grandad to (what was initially) prostate cancer 4 years ago.

Men, get checked!

My aunt had to walk naked in the garden in November to try and cool off after the chemo. She had to stop treatment because she was getting so sick and she decided that if it reoccurs, she won't go down that route. Thank God, she has the all clear but she took out a credit union loan and made sh*t of her Visa, on handbags, thinking she wasn't going to make it.

My aunt had to walk naked in the garden in November to try and cool off after the chemo. She had to stop treatment because she was getting so sick and she decided that if it reoccurs, she won't go down that route. Thank God, she has the all clear but she took out a credit union loan and made sh*t of her Visa, on handbags, thinking she wasn't going to make it.

more power to her!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16 pflood1978

Congrats to your father. I hope you all have a great Christmas. My father in law has about 6-8 weeks left to live if that. He got mesothelioma from asbestos. Couldn't believe how fast he has gone down in the past few weeks.

pflood1978 wrote: »
    Congrats to your father. I hope you all have a great Christmas. My father in law has about 6-8 weeks left to live if that. He got mesothelioma from asbestos. Couldn't believe how fast he has gone down in the past few weeks.

take care, to you and your partner.

Mam had her last chemo session yesterday. She basically skipped out the door of the hospital looking and feeling better than ever :D Happy new year folks. Hope 2017 is good to ye!

• Advertisement
Advertisement