Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Phil Collins - Aviva Stadium - June 25th

Options
  • 17-12-2016 3:04am
    Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 14,951 Mod ✭✭✭✭

Tickets from €89.50 incl. booking fee go on sale this Tuesday, 20th December at 9am from Ticketmaster.ie

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,479 ✭✭✭Curb Your Enthusiasm

Ridiculous price!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,022 ✭✭✭Peter File

Ridiculous price!

It is, but it is becoming the standard minimum price for stadium gigs here. A very ambitious venue for him. Has he played such a big venue here before?

• Registered Users Posts: 31,898 ✭✭✭✭Mars Bar

Oh my goodness this is turning out to be the best Christmas ever for concerts!!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,560 ✭✭✭Wile E. Coyote

I mentioned this to my girlfriend and was politely told to f*** off. GnR and Aerosmith no problem but I might be going alone to this one.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,812 ✭✭✭✭The Nal

Only 89.50 to 144 quid. Or 550 for the soundcheck tickets.

Its like they're trying to see how many cúnts they can gather in one place.

Fúck off Phil.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,785 ✭✭✭Zardoz

The Nal wrote: »
    Only 89.50 to 144 quid. Or 550 for the soundcheck tickets.

Phil is really trying to cash in .
    Diamond circle,standing tickets for Hyde Park in London are over 500 euro eek.png
    Yes that's 500 euro to stand in a field.

I've a feeling that Phil is taking on far too much considering his many health issues (Back and spinal damage ,as well as nerve damage in his hands and foot)

He looked frail on the Jonathan Ross show recently and his back looked very weak ,he was almost hanging off the mic stand for support.
    His voice is nowhere near what it was either.

He has a very hectic schedule ,5 gigs in 6 nights in London ,then a night off before 5 gigs in a week in Germany ,one night off then 5 gigs in 6 nights in Paris.
    So 15 gigs in 20 days ,I have a bad feeling it will end in tears.
    I have no idea what the promoter was thinking with a schedule like that ,its utter madness.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,622 ✭✭✭✭okidoki987

Was at his last gig and it was superb.
    As mentioned by Zardoz, not sure he's going to the same singer 12 years later.

Is it just me or is there too many concerts on sale now for gigs next year?
    Robbie Williams, GNR, Aerosmith etc etc.
    Bieber (only here couple of months ago) puts on another concert in the RDS and hasn't sold out.
    Minimum ticket prices seem to be edging up and up and people are just going to say enough is enough.
    Now back to Phil, do I like him enough to go again and spend....:confused:...decisions, decisions

• Registered Users Posts: 16 shadow7ml

Ambitious to say the least, you'll have your pick of the tickets if you decide to hold off until after christmas...

• Registered Users Posts: 248 ✭✭DC10555

okidoki987 wrote: »
    Was at his last gig and it was superb.
    As mentioned by Zardoz, not sure he's going to the same singer 12 years later.

Is it just me or is there too many concerts on sale now for gigs next year?
    Robbie Williams, GNR, Aerosmith etc etc.
    Bieber (only here couple of months ago) puts on another concert in the RDS and hasn't sold out.
    Minimum ticket prices seem to be edging up and up and people are just going to say enough is enough.
    Now back to Phil, do I like him enough to go again and spend....:confused:...decisions, decisions

It's usually the same every Christmas, but this year there have been a few exceptionally big bands touring at the same time.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,536 ✭✭✭former total

He's one of the most popular artists of all time, hasn't been here in 12 years and may never be here again. It was always going to be pricey.

Tickets are cheaper than for the Hyde Park gig though

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,321 ✭✭✭✭Birneybau

Massive overstretch with the venue, the 3Arena would be more like it.

And, if he does sell out the Aviva, I despair, I really do.

• Registered Users Posts: 32,381 ✭✭✭✭rubadub

Birneybau wrote: »

Robbie Williams has sold out 3arena -well no regular tickets are available online. And he has played here several times in the last 12 years.

Don't see why an artist like him selling out the aviva would upset you.

Most gigs in the aviva sold 2-3 times the capacity of 3arena (which is 14500 with standing)

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Aviva_Stadium#Concerts

• Registered Users Posts: 14,946 ✭✭✭✭loyatemu

seems very ambitious - he hasn't released a record in a long time, and his music hasn't really stood the test of time. You don't hear him on the radio much - I've no doubt he has plenty of fans but i'd say they're all over 40. The likes of Springsteen and McCartney would have a lot of younger fans as well.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,321 ✭✭✭✭Birneybau

rubadub wrote: »

Robbie Williams has sold out 3arena -well no regular tickets are available online. And he has played here several times in the last 12 years.

Don't see why an artist like him selling out the aviva would upset you.

Most gigs in the aviva sold 2-3 times the capacity of 3arena (which is 14500 with standing)

Robbie Williams is playing Croker and I was joking

• Registered Users Posts: 32,381 ✭✭✭✭rubadub

Robbie Williams is playing Croker and I was joking
    which bit was the joke, the despair or that he should be only playing 3arena? or both.

I meant to say Robbie Williams is in the aviva (not 3arena, nor croke park) with no regular tickets on sale.

loyatemu wrote: »
    You don't hear him on the radio much - I've no doubt he has plenty of fans but i'd say they're all over 40.
    Yep, so they would likely have more money. And I know many would be more likely to go because of the fact their should be less young drunken people like you could get at springsteen.

• Registered Users Posts: 115 ✭✭SnipSnop

shadow7ml wrote: »
    Ambitious to say the least, you'll have your pick of the tickets if you decide to hold off until after christmas...

Feck that. I'll be sitting freshing the screen with F5 on the dot at 9.
    Legend and never thought he would play again. Cant wait!!.

SnipSnop wrote: »
    Feck that. I'll be sitting freshing the screen with F5 on the dot at 9.
    Legend and never thought he would play again. Cant wait!!.

I wasn't trying to understate the genius that he is, I'm simply saying that it's too close to christmas with pricey tickets for an artist who has not been at his best for some time, I was trying to reassure those who are in a dilemma that imo they can afford to wait, as we saw Bieber couldn't even sell out the RDS this close to Xmas, though perhaps that is more due to the oversaturation and cheeky cash in of 140 euro per ticket...

In either case I wish you luck on Tuesday :) Bound to be a special one no matter how much he has faded

• Registered Users Posts: 14,946 ✭✭✭✭loyatemu

rubadub wrote: »
    which bit was the joke, the despair or that he should be only playing 3arena? or both.

I meant to say Robbie Williams is in the aviva (not 3arena, nor croke park) with no regular tickets on sale.

Yep, so they would likely have more money. And I know many would be more likely to go because of the fact their should be less young drunken people like you could get at springsteen.

We'll see I guess. I hate stadium gigs - if they could resurrect Lennon and Harrison and put a Beatles gig on in the Aviva I still wouldn't go.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 12,664 Mod ✭✭✭✭blue5000

loyatemu wrote: »
    seems very ambitious - he hasn't released a record in a long time, and his music hasn't really stood the test of time. You don't hear him on the radio much - I've no doubt he has plenty of fans but i'd say they're all over 40. The likes of Springsteen and McCartney would have a lot of younger fans as well.

Good point, and we're all strapped for cash christmas week, (at least I am anyway) but the danger is if we hang on there'll be a lot of 'tourist' fans who failed to get tickets for Hyde park, I met a few at the Bruce Springstein gig this year.

If the seat's wet, sit on yer hat, a cool head is better than a wet ar5e.

• Advertisement

blue5000 wrote: »
    Good point, and we're all strapped for cash christmas week, (at least I am anyway) but the danger is if we hang on there'll be a lot of 'tourist' fans who failed to get tickets for Hyde park, I met a few at the Bruce Springstein gig this year.

Hyde Park hasnt sold out yet,it might not sell out at all .

• Registered Users Posts: 31,898 ✭✭✭✭Mars Bar

Any presale codes going around?

Anyone I've talked to about wanting to go has been under 30 years old. I think you'd be surprised!

I'll have Jackson Browne in Dublin, Elton John in Cork and Phil Collins in Dublin in the space of 10 days and I'm coming from Galway! :eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 200 ✭✭dorito92

do ye think this will sell out? would love to go but can more afford it after christmas

• Registered Users Posts: 6,539 ✭✭✭ghostdancer

dorito92 wrote: »
    do ye think this will sell out? would love to go but can more afford it after christmas
    maybe close to the day of the actual gig, I'd be amazed if it sells out anytime in the next few months.

dorito92 wrote: »
    Just wait until closer to the gig then. Sell out or not there'll be a load of tickets floating about week of the gig.
    Mars Bar wrote: »

Anyone I've talked to about wanting to go has been under 30 years old. I think you'd be surprised!

Yeah the ironic 80s thing is very much in fashion. Prices aren't so ironic though.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,835 ✭✭✭podgeandrodge

So consensus is that there definitely won't be a second show on the Saturday?

But if you want tickets surely the best ones are still gonna be on the first day is sale. What's the advantage of waiting?

But if you want tickets surely the best ones are still gonna be on the first day is sale. What's the advantage of waiting?

Best ones? Standing always.

Also, you don't have to cough up the extortionate price hes asking in Christmas week either. Its as cynical and money grabbing a move as I've seen. He'll be laughing all the way back to Switzerland with his tax free cash this time next year.

If he can't sell out Hyde park then there is no chance of a second gig in Dublin.

The best tickets rarely go onsale the first day of sale either ,they are held back until later on/reserved for promoter/venue/artist/corporate etc .
    These get released later on .
    Ive often bought great seats the week of a gig .

• Registered Users Posts: 10,622 ✭✭✭✭okidoki987

Ticket limits
    Ticket limit of 8.

That's why there are tickets on secondary sites.
    8 tickets is a joke by T/M.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,536 ✭✭✭former total

okidoki987 wrote: »
    That's why there are tickets on secondary sites.
    8 tickets is a joke by T/M.

Well, according to a lot of people on this thread, the gig hasn't a hope of selling out so anyone buying eight is going to get burned.

Advertisement