Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Phil Collins - Aviva Stadium - June 25th

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,355 ✭✭✭cruhoortwunk

The Nal wrote: »
    Best ones? Standing always.

Also, you don't have to cough up the extortionate price hes asking in Christmas week either. Its as cynical and money grabbing a move as I've seen. He'll be laughing all the way back to Switzerland with his tax free cash this time next year.
    I'd say it's the promoter/TM that keep the money til the gig.
    They are the scumbags releasing tickets for every 2017 gig just before Christmas. Both AIken and MCD are at it. Most of the gigs not til the summer and some are not even til October. 10 months of interest on the cash.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,539 ✭✭✭ghostdancer

okidoki987 wrote: »
    That's why there are tickets on secondary sites.
    8 tickets is a joke by T/M.
    Ticketmaster don't decide the limit.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,200 ✭✭✭hots

Got my tickets anyway, can't wait to see him live!

• Registered Users Posts: 31,898 ✭✭✭✭Mars Bar

Got my tickets too but I may not be able to see him all the way down the back!

• Registered Users Posts: 10,622 ✭✭✭✭okidoki987

No East or West premium close to stage at any reasonable price.
    Gold Circle not selling, keeps defaulting to them.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,061 ✭✭✭Uriel.

Got mine Block 505 row c - happy with that. Saw him 12 years ago (one and only time seeing him) with my folks and to this day we still consider it one of the best concerts we've been to.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,419 ✭✭✭FAILSAFE 00

I keep getting Sec BLK504 Row Q, Seats 21-22

I assume thats up in the nose bleed section.

309 tickets on s/wave already!

I keep getting Sec BLK504 Row Q, Seats 21-22
    I assume thats up in the nose bleed section.

Nose Bleed yes but you are close to the stage.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,419 ✭✭✭FAILSAFE 00

Nose Bleed yes but you are close to the stage.

Went with 524 RowL. The brother isn't great with the nose bleed sections :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 919 ✭✭✭lambayire

I just cannot see this one selling out. Maybe I'm wrong but I reckon that MCD have over-reached on this one.

Lower and Premium seem to have gone down well so far.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,536 ✭✭✭former total

lambayire wrote: »
    I just cannot see this one selling out. Maybe I'm wrong but I reckon that MCD have over-reached on this one.

Standing tickets won't sell out any time soon, but decent seats will. Probably a reflection of Phil's demographic more than anything else.

I got mine anyway.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,159 ✭✭✭rednik

Feels like 2017 is the year of Genesis. Rutherford with M&TM in the Olympia in Feb, Hackett in Vicar Street in April and Phil in the Aviva in June.:)

• Registered Users Posts: 14,946 ✭✭✭✭loyatemu

rednik wrote: »
    Feels like 2017 is the year of Genesis. Rutherford with M&TM in the Olympia in Feb, Hackett in Vicar Street in April and Phil in the Aviva in June.:)

Peter Gabriel is touring with Sting, not sure if they're doing Europe though (also, Sting, urgh...)

Standing tickets won't sell out any time soon, but decent seats will. Probably a reflection of Phil's demographic more than anything else.

Very true and can add the GC tickets as well.
    Not that many "young" people would know who he was if it wasn't for the Cadbury ad ;).

loyatemu wrote: »
    Peter Gabriel is touring with Sting, not sure if they're doing Europe though (also, Sting, urgh...)

Last I heard was this was put off until 2018 due to Sting's commitments with his new album. PG is also working on a new album ( seems like forever :confused: )

• Registered Users Posts: 1,560 ✭✭✭Wile E. Coyote

Standing tickets won't sell out any time soon, but decent seats will.

Great. I'll have the pitch to myself :D

• Registered Users Posts: 14,946 ✭✭✭✭loyatemu

Last I heard was this was put off until 2018 due to Sting's commitments with his new album. PG is also working on a new album ( seems like forever :confused: )

well they've done the US leg of the tour:

(posting a PG video on a thread about PC reminds me of the Simpsons "priceless photo of Sean Connery signed by Roger Moore)".

• Registered Users Posts: 1,560 ✭✭✭Wile E. Coyote

loyatemu wrote: »
    (posting a PG video on a thread about PC reminds me of the Simpsons "priceless photo of Sean Connery signed by Roger Moore)".

I've an Elvis LP at home signed by Bruce Springsteen "To the King, From the Boss"

• Advertisement

There's a first.
    S/Wave have removed the gig in Dublin off their website.
    Wonder has that anything to do with the fact it hasn't sold out yet?
    Via still have them and someone "bought" 2 standing for €134 each? :confused:
    Including fees that would be around €150 each, yet they can still buy them on T/M for face at €90?

• Registered Users Posts: 115 ✭✭SnipSnop

There's a first.
    S/Wave have removed the gig in Dublin off their website.
    Wonder has that anything to do with the fact it hasn't sold out yet?
    Via still have them and someone "bought" 2 standing for €134 each? :confused:
    Including fees that would be around €150 each, yet they can still buy them on T/M for face at €90?

Still there, never went.

But got good tickets so happy days. been wanting to see him the last many years and never thought it was going to happen.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 12,664 Mod ✭✭✭✭blue5000

Last chance to top up the pension fund?

If the seat's wet, sit on yer hat, a cool head is better than a wet ar5e.

blue5000 wrote: »
    Last chance to top up the pension fund?

Rutherford & Hackett ticket sales won't make that much, but if Phil comes close to selling out well then he can top up more than a few pensions.

Still there, never went.

Checked, found it going through location but not artist.

Just got offered better seats on Ticketmaster compared to the ones they were selling at 9am.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,785 ✭✭✭Zardoz

They are the scumbags releasing tickets for every 2017 gig just before Christmas. Both AIken and MCD are at it. Most of the gigs not til the summer and some are not even til October. 10 months of interest on the cash.

They are even still announcing stuff ,Dara O Briain for Vicar Street next October announced today .
    Its lazy cynical promoting .
    Very few tours announced in the run up to Christmas stateside in comparison,it seems to be a UK and Ireland thing.

I wonder did Patrick Bateman get his ticket for the gig today ,big Phil fan .;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,536 ✭✭✭former total

Jesus but people have serious grudges, axes to grind and outright conspiracy theories when it comes to gigs.

Just don't buy the tickets

• Registered Users Posts: 4,861 ✭✭✭RayCon

Hackett for me ... the others can come and go as they please.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,133 ✭✭✭✭How Soon Is Now

Is he still up to it for these kinda prices?

Id love to go see him but its a lot of money especially when he cant play drums anymore.

Also there few Genesis songs id like to hear which i imagine he wont go near if theirs rumors of them doing something down the line.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 61 ✭✭wezzopalooza

Is he still up to it for these kinda prices?

Id love to go see him but its a lot of money especially when he cant play drums anymore.

Also there few Genesis songs id like to hear which i imagine he wont go near if theirs rumors of them doing something down the line.
    True, he definitely keeps the Genesis stuff strictly as a separate thing from the solo stuff. Has he ever even performed a Genesis track on a solo tour?

For those prices, I'd definitely want him to mix it up a bit, would be pretty worthwhile if a nice few Genesis tracks were thrown in to the mix. Paul Simon always strikes a good note between the older Simon and Garfunkel tunes, his solo hits and some of his newer songs. Hopefully this will be the case here, but I doubt it.

Advertisement