Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Phil Collins - Aviva Stadium - June 25th

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 32,381 ✭✭✭✭rubadub

Has he ever even performed a Genesis track on a solo tour?
    yes, setlist.fm is great for stats

13 genesis songs are listed, "Behind the Lines" being the most played by far, but when you click on it you see he has not played it since the mid 90s.

while invisible touch was played a lot in 2005. Some others may have only been played once, and could be at things other than tours, like a VH1 special.

http://www.setlist.fm/stats/phil-collins-63d6be8f.html

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,489 ✭✭✭Yamanoto

Zardoz wrote: »

Quite like that performance.

Voice is lacking in power sure, but the tone and timbre are still there.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,950 ✭✭✭✭loyatemu

rubadub wrote: »
    yes, setlist.fm is great for stats

13 genesis songs are listed, "Behind the Lines" being the most played by far, but when you click on it you see he has not played it since the mid 90s.

while invisible touch was played a lot in 2005. Some others may have only been played once, and could be at things other than tours, like a VH1 special.

http://www.setlist.fm/stats/phil-collins-63d6be8f.html

"Behind the Lines" was on his first solo record, as well as the previous Genesis album.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,065 ✭✭✭aka accounts 2010

Blondie has been added as support.:D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,385 ✭✭✭Mrs Shuttleworth

Bought a ticket once Blondie announced as support. Trying to get to all the big gigs now as feeling melancholy with the march of time and a great era passing.

Having said that €144 for a seat in Block 106 is very steep.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,065 ✭✭✭aka accounts 2010

Mike and the Mechanics also added as support this morning.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,626 ✭✭✭thebiglad

I saw Mike and the Mechanics last night at the Olympia - excellent show despite a short lull in the middle when they did an acoustic set of new songs.

New stuff though was promising.

Was considering tickets for Phil Collins after last nights show, with them added as further support may just push the button on it now!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,914 ✭✭✭Rigor Mortis

Well that probably guarantees a mini genesis set at some stage in the main set

• Registered Users Posts: 2,342 ✭✭✭seagull

I'm looking at available tickets. Is it worth looking at the 89.50 tickets, or are they all right at the very top where you need binoculars just to see the stage? It's currently giving block 510 row G for 104 or block 116 row AA for 114. Any comments on what those seats are like?

• Registered Users Posts: 32,381 ✭✭✭✭rubadub

I'd spend the bit more for gold circle standing, which are surprisingly still available -seeing as the price is not as high a % more than standard tickets as other gigs are.

Unless standing is definitely not an option -but remember its Phil Collins, standing near the stage is not exactly going to be like a mosh pit at some thrash metal gig!

The ones you listed look very far away, though I have not been to the aviva, but personally I would not value them much.

If you insist on seats I would be checking out toutless and other sites, as its not sold you might get decent seats, possibly even below face.

EDIT: I see lads asking 499euro on seatwave for golden circle tickets which are still on sale for 120.85 including fees, cheapest gold circle is 169 on seatwave.

And tickets were going below face on toutless
    https://toutless.com/viewtopic.php?f=1&t=26917&sid=9b77efe0407c93a8e87b476d6c172796
    2 Premium Tickets - East Stand - Block 307 - Row E :forsale:

I bought these myself but got another two as a Christmas present so am selling my two.

Tickets cost €150.85 each w/booking, €301.70 total but will sell both for €250.
    2 tickets, block 127, row H
    Really good seats
    Can't go due to unforeseen circumstances
    Face value for both was €301
    Will accept €250

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,219 ✭✭✭✭MadYaker

He'll take €200 in a week

• Registered Users Posts: 2,342 ✭✭✭seagull

Standing is probably not a good option. My back has a nasty habit of flaring up every so often.

• Registered Users Posts: 751 ✭✭✭Gal44

Any standing tickets left? It's not giving me the option and it was yesterday :(

• Registered Users Posts: 225 ✭✭Mr Teeny

Gal44 wrote: »
    Any standing tickets left? It's not giving me the option and it was yesterday :(

Just got two gold circle standing this morning. General standing still available too.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,785 ✭✭✭Zardoz

It was Phil's first gig back last night in Liverpool .
    It looks like he spent most of the gig sitting down and had to use a cane to walk onto stage .

• Registered Users Posts: 10,423 ✭✭✭✭Outlaw Pete

Might be called off / postponed..... as London Shows cancelled after fall in hotel.

http://www.itv.com/news/london/2017-06-08/phil-collins-postpones-shows-after-hitting-head-at-london-hotel/

• Closed Accounts Posts: 177 ✭✭Imallrightjack

He should never have gone back on the road.he's ****ed.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,376 ✭✭✭Wrongway1985

Eye can feel it... (soz) :D

• Registered Users Posts: 840 ✭✭✭yknaa

Might be called off / postponed..... as London Shows cancelled after fall in hotel.

http://www.itv.com/news/london/2017-06-08/phil-collins-postpones-shows-after-hitting-head-at-london-hotel/

Tripped heading to the loo? Looks like a script from Brian Pern (Thotch) ;-)

Its very sad news but cant I say it wasn't unexpected
    I've a feeling that Phil is taking on far too much considering his many health issues (Back and spinal damage ,as well as nerve damage in his hands and foot)

He looked frail on the Jonathan Ross show recently and his back looked very weak ,he was almost hanging off the mic stand for support.
    His voice is nowhere near what it was either.

He has a very hectic schedule ,5 gigs in 6 nights in London ,then a night off before 5 gigs in a week in Germany ,one night off then 5 gigs in 6 nights in Paris.
    So 15 gigs in 20 days ,I have a bad feeling it will end in tears.
    I have no idea what the promoter was thinking with a schedule like that ,its utter madness.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,200 ✭✭✭hots

Its very sad news but cant I say it wasn't unexpected

It's a bit early for an I-told-you-so, he tripped and hit his head, fingers crossed nothing more than that.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,813 ✭✭✭✭The Nal

Poor oul Phil looks really ropey in the videos from his gigs.

hots wrote: »
    It's a bit early for an I-told-you-so, he tripped and hit his head, fingers crossed nothing more than that.

As the Nal said Phil looks very ropey in the videos.
    He doesn't look well at all ,he is obviously in alot of pain ,as he sat down for all of his concerts .
    I don't know what the promoter was thinking planning such a busy schedule ,it was reckless ,like Michael Jackson's O2 schedule.
    Hopefully its just a small fall and not more serious ,and he can perform the French and German legs of his tour .

• Registered Users Posts: 61 ✭✭wezzopalooza

Looks like.....Something Happened on the Way to the Bathroom...(puts on shades) YEEEAAAAHHHH!!!! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 61 ✭✭board stiff

I seen Phil performed in Cologne last night, so whatever about him sitting down or the fact his mobility is hampered from the back operation its brilliant to see the fall didn't affect him too badly.

I do hope the workload won't be too much for him but I'm really looking forward to the Aviva show, can't wait.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,402 ✭✭✭WishUWereHere

Must be having serious problems selling tickets for the Dublin gig. Last night, it was advertised numerous times on both Sky & Skysports.

Personally, I would like to go, but 2 support acts ( okay, M&TM will probably play as part of Phil's act) makes me wonder just how much time He will play Himself? Also, Blondie as part of the act? Sorry, doesn't do it for me. And then of course the cost ( from €89.50 ). I went to David Gilmour for 100 Zl ( under €25 ) last year in Wroclaw ( part of a holiday for me ).

• Registered Users Posts: 1,385 ✭✭✭Mrs Shuttleworth

Must be having serious problems selling tickets for the Dublin gig. Last night, it was advertised numerous times on both Sky & Skysports.

Personally, I would like to go, but 2 support acts ( okay, M&TM will probably play as part of Phil's act) makes me wonder just how much time He will play Himself? Also, Blondie as part of the act? Sorry, doesn't do it for me. And then of course the cost ( from €89.50 ). I went to David Gilmour for 100 Zl ( under €25 ) last year in Wroclaw ( part of a holiday for me ).

Have a ticket for this but the price is extortionate - €144 a seat in the lower tier. Did a search on Ticketb*st*rd for two tickets and they're available in block 120 of the lower tier which is at the back. So most of the lower tier appears to be gone.

Whereas Robbie Williams this coming Saturday with what will undoubtedly be a very flashy show, in the premium lower tier (block 104) was €99.50. The price and the venue are a mismatch for poor old Phil. 3Arena would have been better.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,950 ✭✭✭✭loyatemu

Personally, I would like to go, but 2 support acts ( okay, M&TM will probably play as part of Phil's act) makes me wonder just how much time He will play Himself?

the setlists are up on setlist.fm - here's last night's show in Cologne.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 12,664 Mod ✭✭✭✭blue5000

Thanks for the link loyatemu. Seeing the list gave me a tingle of excitement. Mrs got tickets for us as a surprise, looking forward to it now. Agree they are not cheap, but it could be the last hurrah.

If the seat's wet, sit on yer hat, a cool head is better than a wet ar5e.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,000 ✭✭✭IrishIrish

Anyone got a general idea of the stage times for this?

Advertisement