Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Phil Collins - Aviva Stadium - June 25th

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,891 ✭✭✭prinzeugen

IrishIrish wrote: »
    Anyone got a general idea of the stage times for this?

Mike and the Mechanics 18:00 - 18:50
    Blonde 19:20 - 20:20
    Phil Collins - 20:50

Curfew 23:00 although Robbie finished long before this and Phil may do as well.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,058 ✭✭✭whoopsadoodles

Got a couple of Gold Circle tickets on toutless this morning. Wasn't pushed on paying full price so was holding out to see if I could get a bargain. Thankfully it worked out :)

Got tickets for this, now I wish Hadn't bothered. Think the stadium will be half empty with rain.

in two minds if I should go or call it quits, the only thing stopping me is the cost. Didn't realise it was so expensive, seen Robbie last week and it was nowhere as expensive as Phil!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,200 ✭✭✭hots

Weather doesn't look great alright, decent jacket and we'll be grand sure.

• Registered Users Posts: 61 ✭✭board stiff

Got tickets for this, now I wish Hadn't bothered. Think the stadium will be half empty with rain.

in two minds if I should go or call it quits, the only thing stopping me is the cost. Didn't realise it was so expensive, seen Robbie last week and it was nowhere as expensive as Phil!

I'd prefer to say the stadium will be half full rather than half empty :D Joking aside, in terms of the weather it's hard to know for sure what the day will bring.

Any long range forecast I've seen makes it sound like there might be showers but nothing torrential. All we can do is keep our fingers crossed.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,385 ✭✭✭Mrs Shuttleworth

In the same boat meself. Have a ticket which was extortion, it was the Blondie addition that induced me. Have been invited to a family gathering now and in two minds whether to go to the gig. I reckon it'll be quiet enough but a docile crowd and probably a good night if the weather holds out.

Haven't seen the forecast, you all seem to know something I don't!

Forecast looking ok for Sunday. Dry all day, 14 to 19C.

Any rumours on what size crowd will be there at this late stage. They've pimped this one constantly. I hope for Phil's sake it goes well but I can't understand the logic behind those ticket prices.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,622 ✭✭✭✭okidoki987

Seems to be a good few tickets still available.
    Would imagine most people who bought tickets would go even if the weather was shocking especially considering the price of them.

• Registered Users Posts: 38,410 ✭✭✭✭PTH2009

I wonder was it just a coincidence that Tony Bennett's show in the BGE theatre for Sunday 25th june was cancelled and This show is on the same night ???

Maybe it's a big conspiracy too sell more tickets too the Phil Collins show (Tony is getting a bit of $$$ on the wide for being sick) lol

• Registered Users Posts: 4,732 ✭✭✭delbertgrady

PTH2009 wrote: »
    I wonder was it just a coincidence that Tony Bennett's show in the BGE theatre for Sunday 25th June was cancelled and this show is on the same night?

Maybe it's a big conspiracy too sell more tickets to the Phil Collins show.

Tony Bennett was an Aiken show, Phil Collins is MCD. It's just a coincidence.

2024 Gigs and Events: David Suchet, Depeche Mode, Orchestral Manoeuvres in the Dark, The Smile, Pixies, Liam Gallagher John Squire/Jake Bugg, Kacey Musgraves (x2), Olivia Rodrigo, Mitski, Muireann Bradley, Bruce Springsteen and the E Street Band, Eric Clapton, Girls Aloud, Bruce Springsteen and the E Street Band, Rewind Festival, The Smashing Pumpkins/Weezer, Henry Winkler, P!nk, Pearl Jam/Richard Ashcroft, Taylor Swift/Paramore, Suede/Manic Street Preachers, Muireann Bradley, AC/DC, Deacon Blue/Altered Images, The The, blink-182, Coldplay, Gilbert O'Sullivan, Nick Lowe, David Gilmour, ABBA Voyage, St. Vincent, Public Service Broadcasting, Crash Test Dummies, Cassandra Jenkins.

2025 Gigs and Events: Billie Eilish (x2)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,402 ✭✭✭WishUWereHere

In the same boat meself. Have a ticket which was extortion, it was the Blondie addition that induced me. Have been invited to a family gathering now and in two minds whether to go to the gig. I reckon it'll be quiet enough but a docile crowd and probably a good night if the weather holds out.

Haven't seen the forecast, you all seem to know something I don't!

Have to say for me, aside from the extortionate price of the tickets, it was the fact Blondie was gigging which deterred me. Just didn't seem like the right 'matching up', whereas Mike & the Mechanics are ...well I think everyone knows the connection there.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,627 ✭✭✭dasdog

I wonder was it just a coincidence that Tony Bennett's show in the BGE theatre for Sunday 25th june was cancelled and This show is on the same night ???

Maybe it's a big conspiracy too sell more tickets too the Phil Collins show (Tony is getting a bit of $$$ on the wide for being sick) lol

The Madrid show was cancelled on Thursday, he's 90 years old. Thought he'd make tomorrow and I had a great fking seat but these things happen. Might head down to hear Susudio for the laugh instead. Phil's a bit of a legend himself despite the detractors, great drummer.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,785 ✭✭✭Zardoz

dasdog wrote: »
    The Madrid show was cancelled on Thursday, he's 90 years old. Thought he'd make tomorrow and I had a great fking seat but these things happen. Might head down to hear Susudio for the laugh instead. Phil's a bit of a legend himself despite the detractors, great drummer.

He cant play the drums anymore due to spinal issues.
    He will be sitting down for the whole concert.

As regards Tony Bennett, I was going to get tickets for the folks but when I saw he was 90 and he only sings for 70 minutes I said I'd give it a wide berth.
    Not worth going to Dublin for a 70 minute concert.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,137 ✭✭✭horseburger

I would not think that is the case at all. Aiken Promotions was doing the Tony Bennett show, while MCD is doing the Phil Collins show.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,808 ✭✭✭thomasj

For those of you on the maynooth line, there is an extra service, leaving pearse at 23:20 tonight

• Registered Users Posts: 8,061 ✭✭✭Uriel.

Looks like the weather will hold well.. Fingers crossed

• Registered Users Posts: 5,785 ✭✭✭Zardoz

prinzeugen wrote: »
    Mike and the Mechanics 18:00 - 18:50
    Blonde 19:20 - 20:20
    Phil Collins - 20:50

Curfew 23:00 although Robbie finished long before this and Phil may do as well.

Phil's setlist is around 2 hours long .

I was watching a few videos of him on Youtube last night from Cologne and his voice is much better than it was in London.
    Should be a good gig tonight.

Sneaked out of anniversary party early to go to the gig.

It's looking like it's going to be packed here and there's quite a lot of younger people also, all to my surprise I admit.

Busy enough, doesn't feel like there's lots of free tickets. Blondie's drummer was excellent imo.

hots wrote: »
    Busy enough, doesn't feel like there's lots of free tickets. Blondie's drummer was excellent imo.

Cannot believe she's 72 next week!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 29,364 ✭✭✭✭HeidiHeidi

Cannot believe she's 72 next week!

Was just going to post the same thing!

She (they) were great. Esp the drummer!

Phil is playing a blinder tonight. What a voice and what a band. Dumped my seat for the pitch.

Moved to tears (genuinely) by how fkn awesome tonight was.

Gated reverbs pounding relentlessly into the sultry D4 Sunday night (by Phil's seriously hot 16 year old son).

Soaring vocals and searing brass.

Worth every cent of the (extortionate) price.

A Glasto headline slot is a shoo-in before he croaks it.

• Registered Users Posts: 225 ✭✭Mr Teeny

Well that was great fun! A real party atmosphere where we were standing, the set list was great and Phil's voice was in fantastic form. Hope you all enjoyed it!! :-)

• Registered Users Posts: 115 ✭✭SnipSnop

Like a few others here myself and the wife were kinda going meh even though we wanted this for years.
    Thought the voice would be gone, but nope. Still had it.
    Fecking classic gig. Love every single bit of it. So worth it. Everybody around us were dancing the sh*t out of it for the last part of it. Brilliant!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,732 ✭✭✭delbertgrady

First thing: Clem Burke is a beast. The first time I saw Blondie was in the Point about seventeen or eighteen years ago. He was superb then, and he's still awesome. One of my favourite drummers to watch.

I thought Phil was excellent. His voice is remarkable. It's almost incongruous to hear the old voice coming from a physically debilitated body.
    They've clearly reconfigured the show for a stadium and a standing crowd, having presumably done all seated shows up to this point. They've dropped a few songs, scrapped the interval and rearranged the sequence slightly.
    I thought Nic did very well. Everyone has great affection for Lee and Daryl. The horns were great. Harry Kim has worked with Phil for years now. Considering how great it was, one can only imagine how good the show would have been if he was fit and mobile. Terrific stuff.

I think this is what was done tonight.
    The order may be slightly out...

Another Day in Paradise
    Something Happened on the Way to Heaven
    Wake Up Call
    Follow You Follow Me
    I Missed Again
    Hang in Long Enough
    Separate Lives
    You Know What I Mean
    In the Air Tonight
    You Can't Hurry Love
    Dance Into the Light
    Invisible Touch
    Easy Lover
    Sussudio

Encore:
    Take Me Home

2024 Gigs and Events: David Suchet, Depeche Mode, Orchestral Manoeuvres in the Dark, The Smile, Pixies, Liam Gallagher John Squire/Jake Bugg, Kacey Musgraves (x2), Olivia Rodrigo, Mitski, Muireann Bradley, Bruce Springsteen and the E Street Band, Eric Clapton, Girls Aloud, Bruce Springsteen and the E Street Band, Rewind Festival, The Smashing Pumpkins/Weezer, Henry Winkler, P!nk, Pearl Jam/Richard Ashcroft, Taylor Swift/Paramore, Suede/Manic Street Preachers, Muireann Bradley, AC/DC, Deacon Blue/Altered Images, The The, blink-182, Coldplay, Gilbert O'Sullivan, Nick Lowe, David Gilmour, ABBA Voyage, St. Vincent, Public Service Broadcasting, Crash Test Dummies, Cassandra Jenkins.

2025 Gigs and Events: Billie Eilish (x2)

Well that was fantastic.

Talk about a child making you feel inadequate. Ffs!

Well done Nicholas Collins!

• Registered Users Posts: 10,798 ✭✭✭✭DrumSteve

Was quite a good set. Loads of empty seats where I was but tbh it wasn't overly noticeable.

And sure, if anyone fancies an aul drum before bed heres a video I got of In The Air Tonight.

DrumSteve wrote: »
    Was quite a good set. Loads of empty seats where I was but tbh it wasn't overly noticeable.

And sure, if anyone fancies an aul drum before bed heres a video I got of In The Air Tonight.

Great video with the sun setting, any chance someone got Sussudio? It was immense.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 919 ✭✭✭lambayire

Nice video there.

Looks like there are plenty of people there.
    Any guesses on an attendance figure?

Advertisement