Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Extended hot spot as new secure wifi ?

Options
  • 17-12-2016 1:13pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,900 ✭✭✭

I will try and keep this simple, a friend of mine has an open hotspot in his bisness, I live about .1 of a mile away now she is fine with me using it if I can pick up the signal (I can't boost it at her end because she doesn't want others asking to use the boosted signal) I was going to get one of those extended booster airels off ebay that claim up to 3000 meters there seem to be two types one with a usb and one with an aerial connection on the cable , when I grab the signal I would like to use it wirelessly but obviously can't create an extended hotpot so 2 questions can I turn the signal wireless by running it threw a router and can I make acess ing it secure ? (And what do I need to do it) thanks in advance

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 36,167 ✭✭✭✭ED E

I will try and keep this simple, a friend of mine has an open hotspot in his bisness, I live about .1 of a mile away now she is fine with me using it if I can pick up the signal (I can't boost it at her end because she doesn't want others asking to use the boosted signal) I was going to get one of those extended booster airels off ebay that claim up to 3000 meters there seem to be two types one with a usb and one with an aerial connection on the cable , when I grab the signal I would like to use it wirelessly but obviously can't create an extended hotpot so 2 questions can I turn the signal wireless by running it threw a router and can I make acess ing it secure ? (And what do I need to do it) thanks in advance

Is s/he a transvestite? Just curious?

To answer your question, calling it 160M to be usable you'd want to buy a pair of Ubiquiti antennas and a router for your house. It wouldnt be visible to anyone else. Start price at €200 before its installed.

Advertisement