Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Alarm keeps indicating fault

Options
  • 17-12-2016 1:14pm
    Registered Users Posts: 199 ✭✭

Hi I have HKC secure watch alarm which I installed several years ago. I seldom use the alarm as I have teenagers coming in at two in the morning so I would be afraid they would set it off and also the beeping. The question relates to an occasional fault indication and beeping I am getting when the alarm is not active .I can switch this off by putting in the user code in and it indicates system unset. Have you any suggestion as to what the cause might be ?.I have the Engineer code for the alarm.How could I switch the alarm off?

Thanks for any help

Comments

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 24,789 Mod ✭✭✭✭KoolKid

When you disarm the alarm what displays on the screen?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,283 ✭✭✭...And Justice

I have an on going fault on mine and I was told it was the alarm battery, changed it, job done. I didn't know that the batteries only last a few years. In my case, it was beeping after 10 years, apparently you only get 7 years out of a battery.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13 Kunala

I too have similar issue with alarm, it is going off now and then. Even when it is not set, it is going off. I notice Tamper on one of door message. I tried to unset them tamper messages with the mentioned codes on box. Still no luck. It is going off now and then when it is not set. When it is set, I didn't noticed such issues. Security system installed 8-9 years ago.

All I see is " Tamper on one of Door " once unset it will be back to normal for few hours and starts again.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,546 ✭✭✭kub

You have a tamper fault on your system, this could be due to a lot of things, usually the cover of a device is loose.

Give that a try and if it continues get onto your installer.

• Registered Users Posts: 199 ✭✭TOEJOE

Thanks for the suggestions was away for a few weeks .I replaced the battery last year I will look at the loose coverI was the installer several years ago.When Koolkid says disarm The alarm I assume this means it's default situation with no
    User code applied i.e. It displays just the date.
    Thanks for the help will get back to it next week had the flu.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 24,789 Mod ✭✭✭✭KoolKid

When you enter your code after an activation the system disarms. It will then display an indication of what activated the system.

Will check next time it beeps it may be a few days
    Thanks

When it. beeped I looked at the panel it just showed the date, I put in the alarm code in it just indicated system unset.How so I access the log of the fault?
    Thanks

What make of system is it?

Secure watch HKC 8/12 it was put in ~ 8 years ago.

• Advertisement

It should display the event after you disarm it.
    Does your user code allow you to access the user menu?

I am not sure it I may need the engineer code

Advertisement