Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Gameweek 18 Transfers

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,282 ✭✭✭COH

Pedro/Costa > Lallana/Ibra

Have been punished badly in recent GWs playing the 'wait and see' approach... both in points and transfer value, so both done with 2FTs before both rise. No long term game here... if Ibra gets rested have Carroll V Swansea coming in so not the end of the world.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,815 ✭✭✭bantee

bantee wrote: »
    Costa&someone out, Ibra&someone in

Costa&Capoue out, Ibra&DeRoon in

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,113 ✭✭✭the whole year inn

Pogba and Batshuayo in for Costa and Antonio.
    Going against the grain but I'll roll the dice this week and WC next week.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,672 ✭✭✭ElTel

siblers wrote: »
    I plan on downgrading Hazard then bringing in Aguero for Kane. I'll have to bank next gw to do this though

This will be the popular route I feel. We have upheaval every other week!!

Ive tried the Kun Ibra Costa formation with 2 Chelsea defenders and Sanchez but alas I don't have the TV for a viable 4-3-3. Well at least that's what I'm telling myself now.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,654 ✭✭✭✭extra gravy

Costa to Ibra done. Hopefully he will drop enough so I can buy him back at the same price while Ibra hits a hattie against Sunderland and makes me a little profit ;)

Costa to Ibra done. Hopefully he will drop enough so I can buy him back at the same price while Ibra hits a hattie against Sunderland and makes me a little profit ;)

I brought him in for GW13 and has only increased in value by 0.1M
    Was really peeved he missed a price rise last night
    That bloody fifth yellow for Costa spoiled it a bit for me. Would have been some call for Kane owners after tomorrow 10pts or no.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,962 ✭✭✭Hogey007

2 ft's - Kane & Son to Ibra & Lallana. Very risky when Liverpool haven't played yet & ideally I'd live to have seen the 2 spurs lads first as I may have dropped payet instead of Son but I only have enough for them now & both rising tonight so no such luxury

I also have Costa but bought him at 9.5 so not an option to sell.

Dice75 wrote: »
    When does the 1st WC disappear. Do you need to use it before the games on the 31st or can you activate it on the 31st for the following GW?

If you're not on WC this GW you have only the next GW to play it.
    Best of luck. The WC thread has been dead for a while so you could get a lot of opinions.

Perhaps an "If I was WCing now with my TV" suggested squad from a few posters would give you ideas....

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,264 ✭✭✭✭manual_man

Looking at Payet to Siggy and Kingsley to Jones for -4. Keeping Costa, staying away from the ZlatExpress. Will have funds to do Siggy to Coutinho when the little magician is back

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,282 ✭✭✭COH

COH wrote: »
    Pedro/Costa > Lallana/Ibra

Have been punished badly in recent GWs playing the 'wait and see' approach... both in points and transfer value, so both done with 2FTs before both rise. No long term game here... if Ibra gets rested have Carroll V Swansea coming in so not the end of the world.

Dear me from 10 hours ago... don't make transfers after attempting the 12 pubs

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 855 ✭✭✭mectavba

How did pogba do last night? Thinking of bringing in utd midfielder for next couple o games

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,722 ✭✭✭Cartman78

Jakupovic to Heaton done....Foster needs some help back there :-)

Amat and Capoue in my starting eleven for next week.

Really regret bringing Payet in instead of Eriksen a couple of weeks ago

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,709 ✭✭✭✭Cantona's Collars

mectavba wrote: »
    How did pogba do last night? Thinking of bringing in utd midfielder for next couple o games

Busy and tried to be positive, WBA flooded the midfield and gave little room. He bullied any of their players that came near him. He links up well with Zlatan.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,616 ✭✭✭caviardreams

Need a 6.7m (or below) striker to replace Ihenacho (thanks for nothing Nacho :mad:)

Between Rondon & Negredo really I think - anyone else?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,056 ✭✭✭Sooner or Later

Kane to Ibra done the second the whistle blew in the Spurs game

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 10,420 Mod ✭✭✭✭F1ngers

Kane > Ibra, done.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,022 ✭✭✭✭Iused2likebusts

Need a 6.7m (or below) striker to replace Ihenacho (thanks for nothing Nacho :mad:)

Gray has boro and Sunderland both at home next two.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 48,256 ✭✭✭✭km79

Gray has boro and Sunderland both at home next two.

He has no form
    After Andy Carroll and Kane's double double blanks over double home games I'm not taking any more chances

• Registered Users Posts: 5,711 ✭✭✭dr.kenneth noisewater

Kane to Ibra done

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 833 ✭✭✭SkySter

Kane to Ibra done

+1

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 411 ✭✭Delboy2015

Thinking Bentekkers in for Kane, as I already have Ibra and Costa.

Palace have a nice run of fixtures coming up, which is tempting me.

Any better options out there? :confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 674 ✭✭✭carnie

Just swapped Costa for Ibra. Will swap kane for Costa when he comes back from his holidays.

A mate just told me that Jose mentioned he will rest Ibra over the Christmas. Any truth to this?

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 10,420 Mod ✭✭✭✭F1ngers

carnie wrote: »
    Just swapped Costa for Ibra. Will swap kane for Costa when he comes back from his holidays.

A mate just told me that Jose mentioned he will rest Ibra over the Christmas. Any truth to this?

If by christmas he means FA cup, then yes, he will be rested.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,264 ✭✭✭✭manual_man

Why am I considering a 2 week punt on Slimani :pac::pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 738 ✭✭✭at9qu5vp0wcix7

Taking a punt on Gaston Ramirez - desperation.

Taking a punt on Gaston Ramirez - desperation.

He is firmly on my radar as a zaha replacement in a few weeks

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,969 ✭✭✭✭alchemist33

No way am I transferring Costa out. That's two transfers wasted when I bring him in again.

Kane to Ibra assuming Kane blanks again, or upgrade Allen or Anichebe to someone useful.

Called it. My gut told me not to but I went with the herd for fear. Ibra to Kane done.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,589 ✭✭✭patmac

Called it. My gut told me not to but I went with the herd for fear. Ibra to Kane done.

I did Kane to Ibra myself.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,685 ✭✭✭✭wonski

Costa to Ibra done. Originally bought for 10.8, current price 11.0, so I won't lose anything, except free transfer. And probably another one to get him back...

wonski wrote: »
    Costa to Ibra done. Originally bought for 10.8, current price 11.0, so I won't lose anything, except free transfer. And probably another one to get him back...

But aguero .............

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,685 ✭✭✭✭wonski

km79 wrote: »
    But aguero .............

Wildcard :D

Just in time for Burnley game ;)

wonski wrote: »
    Wildcard :D

Just in time for Burnley game ;)

I dunno .......I may just go without costa again. He is consistent enough this season but generally one goal.i want MORE more i tells ye .......and of course he got his booking 2 games after I get him and just in time to enable everyone an easy switch to Ibra
    My biggest biggest regret is not sticking with Ibra .He was getting in the positions just not putting them away. He should have been a season keeper.
    I also told all that would listen that despite his double 2 goal haul Kane looked AWFUL and was rarely involved apart from the pens and 2 tap ins
    I then signed him
    :(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,600 ✭✭✭✭siblers

Jay Rodriguez...maybe Ulloa if Vardy doesn't have red over turned

Think I'll wait for Harry to score 3 in his next two matches and then ship him.

I'm looking at bringing in David Silva for PAyet (that didn't work out). I've no City attacking players and he looks like he has just hit some form (ff wise). I haven't seen him mentioned much. Who are people leaning towards from City?

I'm looking at bringing in David Silva for PAyet (that didn't work out). I've no City attacking players and he looks like he has just hit some form (ff wise). I haven't seen him mentioned much. Who are people leaning towards from City?

Aguero is the only City player I'd currently consider and that's hoping him and Pep haven't fallen out.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,274 ✭✭✭✭FHFC

Rodriguez is a mid..

Aguero is the only City player I'd currently consider and that's hoping him and Pep haven't fallen out.

Silva is also tempting me, especially with City's next 3 fixtures. But you're right about Pep. He is likely to drop any player. I might move for Siggy instead who is sure to start, take the pens/ free kicks and also has 3 nice fixtures coming up.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,969 ✭✭✭✭alchemist33

patmac wrote: »
    I did Kane to Ibra myself.

Whoops. Well, that just shows how much Kane has upset me.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,600 ✭✭✭✭siblers

FHFC wrote: »
    Rodriguez is a mid..

Was he always a midfielder? Thought he was listed a striker back in the day before he got injured?

he is a mid in FF

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,191 ✭✭✭✭Shanotheslayer

Done Kane ---- Ibra

Expecting a shockingly low GW coming up tbh.

Too many tough games for my players and facing each other :/

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,191 ✭✭✭✭Shanotheslayer

Do I leave Carroll until next GW?

Playing Away to Swansea, and jesus I really need him to step it up.

I'm keeping him for that

Is it worth taking a -4 for Payet out, Siggy in....they play each other this weekend (Swansea at home). I also have Antonio.

• Advertisement

Already done Jakupovic to Heaton and was happy to leave it at that....
    .....but Ozil, Payet, Capoue & Kane are stinking the place out big time.

Payet was a bit of a punt in fairness....no form at all but 2 handy fixtures on paper which hasn't worked out at all.
    2 viable options as I see it - a) Payet -> Pogba for a hit or b) Payet -> Allen (or other cheapie) and Ozil to Sanchez for a -8.
    All feedback welcome, cheers cm

Is it worth taking a -4 for Payet out, Siggy in....they play each other this weekend (Swansea at home). I also have Antonio.

In a word no
    Swansea are rubbish at defending set pieces and defending in general
    Payet takes a great set piece
    I'd prefer siggy out of the 2 tbh but not for a hit

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,816 ✭✭✭LostArt

I'm keeping him for another week, purely because Swansea are so dreadfull defending set pieces.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,017 ✭✭✭Officer999

Cartman78 wrote: »

Payet was a bit of a punt in fairness....no form at all but 2 handy fixtures on paper which hasn't worked out at all.
    2 viable options as I see it - a) Payet -> Pogba for a hit or b) Payet -> Allen (or other cheapie) and Ozil to Sanchez for a -8.

I've done option A myself. Free's up a bit of cash too

Cartman78 wrote: »

Priced it up there....can do Payet -> Antonio and Ozil -> Sanchez for a -8......not to bothered about hits at this stage tbh

• Advertisement
Advertisement