Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Gameweek 18 Transfers

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,191 ✭✭✭✭Shanotheslayer

km79 wrote: »
    I'm keeping him for that
    LostArt wrote: »
    I'm keeping him for another week, purely because Swansea are so dreadfull defending set pieces.

Keeping him so.

Can't wait to regret this decision

• Registered Users Posts: 8,711 ✭✭✭keano_afc

I want to dump Payet because of the massive disappointment I feel after bringing him in for 2 piss easy games with no return. But he's creating chances. If they just had someone up front who could score.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,274 ✭✭✭✭FHFC

keano_afc wrote: »
    I want to dump Payet because of the massive disappointment I feel after bringing him in for 2 piss easy games with no return. But he's creating chances. If they just had someone up front who could score.

I had him for a while earlier in the season. He's doing that all season. All fart and no shìt. All stats and no points, not enough for the price anyhow.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,709 ✭✭✭✭Cantona's Collars

From Kane to Bane.

3B83C7A400000578-4047330-image-a-24_1482150443074.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 7,672 ✭✭✭ScummyMan

Costa > Ibra.

Kane is gonna p!ss everyone off next week with a huge haul, I can feel it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,205 ✭✭✭Lucas Hood

Coutinho back in training for Liverpool.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,618 ✭✭✭✭siblers

Is it worth bringing in a Burnley defender for Michael Dawson or Zuniga, or else a boro defender? Other option would be to bring in Pickford/Heaton for Foster. I've largely ignored my defence and it's starting to catch up with me

siblers wrote: »
    Is it worth bringing in a Burnley defender for Michael Dawson or Zuniga, or else a boro defender? Other option would be to bring in Pickford/Heaton for Foster. I've largely ignored my defence and it's starting to catch up with me

Did Zuniga not start on the wing at the weekend ?

They have back to back home games now.

Did Zuniga not start on the wing at the weekend ?

They have back to back home games now.

He went off after 56 minutes, he is regularly rotated so can't count on him to start. I was going to bring in Ake but he is red flagged

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,521 ✭✭✭✭dsmythy

Kane to Ibrahimovic
    Costa to Llorente

See you after Christmas.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,274 ✭✭✭✭FHFC

Need to sort my goalies. With Pickford at Old Trafford nows a good time to do Karius to Heaton (Boro and Sun home next 2) for a hit.

.....waits for somebody to say 'i wouldn't take a hit for a goalkeeper'....

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,788 ✭✭✭Benimar

FHFC wrote: »
    Need to sort my goalies. With Pickford at Old Trafford nows a good time to do Karius to Heaton (Boro and Sun home next 2) for a hit.

.....waits for somebody to say 'i wouldn't take a hit for a goalkeeper'....

Waits for Pickford to do a Heaton at Old Trafford :)

We are all captaining Ibrahimovic, maybe Pickford is the way to go!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 855 ✭✭✭mectavba

May have to move origi out. His place is surely the beer threat now. I didn't realise Sturbridge was so close to a comeback

mectavba wrote: »
    May have to move origi out. His place is surely the beer threat now. I didn't realise Sturbridge was so close to a comeback

3 games in 6-7 days.

Origi will see plenty of minutes. As many as most other strikers in the league. Sturridge will continue to be eased back in. Think he has a small chance of starting against Sunderland which is 3 GW's away.

I'll be keeping faith.

I'd expect the same starting 11 from last night to start against Stoke.

3 games in 6-7 days.

Origi will see plenty of minutes. As many as most other strikers in the league. Sturridge will continue to be eased back in. Think he has a small chance of starting against Sunderland which is 3 GW's away.

I'll be keeping faith.

I'd expect the same starting 11 from last night to start against Stoke.

So you're advising against taking a panic hit to Carroll/Llorente 8-)

From what I saw last night, it looked like Origi was playing on the left and Firmino down the middle. That would also be a bit of a concern in terms of Origi's FF potential.

So you're advising against taking a panic hit to Carroll/Llorente 8-)

From what I saw last night, it looked like Origi was playing on the left and Firmino down the middle. That would also be a bit of a concern in terms of Origi's FF potential.

The front 3 interchange and will all spend some time at the very top but Origi will be there for more time than the rest.

Same applies if Sturridge starts. Mostly up top but will spend time on the left and right.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 15,237 Mod ✭✭✭✭FutureGuy

I just get the feeling that this is the most important week of transfers for me so far this season.

Alderweireld is a doubt right now, Costa serves a single-game ban, I grow tired of Kane who SHOULD have been perfect captain material recently, Origi has Sturridge sniffing around him and it is around GW18 that I said I need Arsenal coverage. I ahslo have Mane off to the ACON but thats in the new year.

I have 2 FTs this week and my current team is as follows...

Pickford
    Alderweireld / Alonso / Amat
    Hazard / Mane / Eriksen / Sigurdsson / Fletcher
    Kane / Origi

BENCH: Foster / Costa / Kone / Pieters

I have 0.0 in bank.

Costa> Ibra & Eriksen>Walcott looks like a good option? Move Kane/Ibra out the following week to get Costa back in and perhaps Hazard>Sanchez for a hit (if that is affordable)

I wouldn't go into the GW starting Fletcher away at Arsenal when you could have a big hitter of a striker at home to Sunderland.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 48,264 ✭✭✭✭km79

United on the verge of signing a centre half for big money .......obviously won't come until January but it's a Tough call now whether to go for Jones or spend the extra on Valencia
    I am not intending on Wildcarding as early this year

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 8,502 ✭✭✭spock.

Can --> Theo done for a hit.

Should pay off long-term. Arsenal treble up of Sanchez,Theo and Koscielny for their good run of fixtures

spock. wrote: »
    Can --> Theo done for a hit.

Should pay off long-term. Arsenal treble up of Sanchez,Theo and Koscielny for their good run of fixtures

wow they are some nice fixtures alright
    interesting

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,264 ✭✭✭✭manual_man

Thinking of Kane to Vokes, Payet to Sanchez, and Kingsley to Bellerin for -8. Vokes would be a 2 week punt; Sanchez and Bellerin are two I want long-term

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,502 ✭✭✭spock.

manual_man wrote:
    Thinking of Kane to Vokes, Payet to Sanchez, and Kingsley to Bellerin for -8. Vokes would be a 2 week punt; Sanchez and Bellerin are two I want long-term

Is Vokes safe? It was Gray and Barnes up front on Sunday.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,022 ✭✭✭✭Iused2likebusts

manual_man wrote: »

I wouldn't sign vokes

spock. wrote: »
    Is Vokes safe? It was Gray and Barnes up front on Sunday.

I checked it and he's started all of their league games at home, all 4 of his goals coming there. Would pick Llorente but I'm limited to 6m. Happy enough to take the 2 week punt, gw20 he'll more than likely be gone (for someone for a one week punt!). I feel it's time to triple up on Arsenal (already have Özil)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,634 ✭✭✭miller82

is costa to ibra worth it ?? if i sell costa = 10.4 .... I have enough for Ibra but getting costa back in would be 10.8 possibly. thats a big big difference. any thoughts ?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,827 ✭✭✭AnneFrank

nacho and pedro for carroll and sterling

• Registered Users Posts: 5,722 ✭✭✭dr.kenneth noisewater

miller82 wrote: »
    is costa to ibra worth it  ?? if i sell costa = 10.4 .... I have enough for Ibra but getting costa back in would be 10.8 possibly. thats a big big difference. any thoughts ?
    Not for me, who's your other 2 strikers?

Vardy's appeal rejected, might take a punt on Ulloa

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,210 ✭✭✭✭Fitz*

I kept in Costa but bought a different striker instead. Sold Kane due to his 2 ineffectual weeks in a row while being captained both times. Up there with one of the worst transfers I've done. Have to keep Costa as I bought him so cheap, it would not pay me to get rid of him and try buy him back.

Debating taking a hit to try get more Arsenal lads in, Sanchez is gonna get rested on Stephens Day I reckon.

I'm also risking a double Boro defence - not the most ideal!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,521 ✭✭✭✭dsmythy

Honestly thought he'd have it rescinded. Had been looking at Slimani otherwise. Transfers made now though so no can do.

Slimani nailed I'd say for next two anyway. Ulloa though? Might he not share starts with Okazaki?

manual_man wrote: »
    Slimani nailed I'd say for next two anyway. Ulloa though? Might he not share starts with Okazaki?

I think Ulloa will start but likely to be rotated or subbed early alright. Forgot about Slimani, might take a punt on him, AFCON is a bit off putting though

• Registered Users Posts: 7,054 ✭✭✭wanderer100

Should I pull the trigger on Williams to Jones?

Oh sugar didn't realize he was so slice to a rise !
    Touch call
    I'd rather wait but partof his appeal is getting increased Value from him
    United STRONGLY linked with big money move for centre half in January though

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,816 ✭✭✭LostArt

Cheers for the heads up on Jones' rise! I'm almost certainly making that transfer.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,978 ✭✭✭Trimm Trabb

I've gone Costa to Ibra and Firmino to Ozil for a -4.

Sorry to see Firmino go as he is still getting chances even though he is off form I suspect he will be back among the points soon. Couldn't take the price drop though and Ozil has very nice fixtures on the horizon.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,205 ✭✭✭Lucas Hood

Someone posted a list of players potentially going to the afcon awhile back. Can't find it but can take Matip and Nyom off it. They both said they don't want to go.

http://bbc.com/sport/football/38385694

Lucas Hood wrote: »
    Someone posted a list of players potentially going to the afcon awhile back. Can't find it but can take Matip and Nyom off it. They both said they don't want to go.

http://bbc.com/sport/football/38385694

Great news. Thanks for posting.

I was thinking of shipping Brunt because of it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,936 ✭✭✭AdpRo

They can be suspended from playing for their clubs while their country is still in the tournament if they refuse to go.

• Advertisement

AdpRo wrote: »
    They can be suspended from playing for their clubs while their country is still in the tournament if they refuse to go.

Indeed
    The Cameroon Football Federation has threatened #Matip with FIFA action after he made himself unavailable for AFCON duty. (James Pearce)

Why don't the players just retire from international football ?

I can't decide whether to get Jones in or not tonight (or at all )
    touch and go whether he rises
    Getting Phil feckin Jones in early feels all kind of risky

Could wait and see and decide whether or not to shell out the extra for valencia and more chance of an assist

arsenal also have nice fixtures but can only afford Gabriel and he will lose his place soon too

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,444 ✭✭✭✭Rikand

Costa to ibra done.

Now to offload Kane and vardy. I'm going to have a completely new front line for Christmas.

Just need to figure out who I want. Might keep Kane for Stephens day and then get aguero for him straight after

Never mind. I'll just keep Kane and transfer to Costa afterwards.

Vardy to Defoe maybe

I'll then own the top 3 scoring attackers in the game. It can't fail

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,850 ✭✭✭✭Ace2007

suppose they might want the option of going to World Cup if that comes up.

In other news, Jay Rod, Ibrah and Fabio in, Vardy, Siggy and Cedric out - vardy was a disaster, siggy is like ice/fire - and having him and Zaha is probably not great idea

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,525 ✭✭✭✭ArmaniJeanss

In theory (and the rule has never been fully tested) you can't actually retire from international football. Your countrys FA can still call you up and whilst you don't have to appear (coz forcing you would break all sorts of laws) your country can stop you playing for your club for the duration of your call up.

Its actually not as terrible a rule as it sounds, it stops young journeyman players being put under pressure to agree not to play international football. No point forcing young Carlos to sign a contract saying he won't play for Honduras 10 times a year if Honduras can still call him up anyway.

Domenech & Makelele is worth researching for background.

hazard yellow flagged again ?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,210 ✭✭✭✭Fitz*

For what's it worth, I think there are a couple of reasons why both Matip & his brother choosing not to play for Cameroon is a personal difference with the coaches, and the extra travelling to Africa & back was affecting him injury wise.

I have heard that also because the see themselves as German (being born there to a German mother / Cameroonian father) more than Cameroonian, but I can't find anything online to back that up.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,400 ✭✭✭TacT

Kane>Ibra.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,007 ✭✭✭✭2nd Row Donkey

I wouldn't sign vokes

If enough of us transfer him in would it be appropriate to refer to it as a vokes wagon

/coat

Advertisement