Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Gameweek 18 Transfers

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,274 ✭✭✭✭FHFC

Took a -8 last night with very little prospect of it breaking even, as part of it was to finally shed Capoue to De Roon ahead of an imminent 0.2m swing. However I need the extra 0.4 it freed up for what I plan to do over the next two to three weeks.

Also got Heaton for Karius before that useless fcker cost me another 0.1, that one will hopefully break even this weekend.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,634 ✭✭✭miller82

Not for me, who's your other 2 strikers?
    miller82 wrote: »
    is costa to ibra worth it ?? if i sell costa = 10.4 .... I have enough for Ibra but getting costa back in would be 10.8 possibly. thats a big big difference. any thoughts ?

The other two are Kane :mad: and Anichibe

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,264 ✭✭✭✭manual_man

If enough of us transfer him in would it be appropriate to refer to it as a vokes wagon

/coat

And if his form really kicks off we can put him on Das Auto-captain every week

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,634 ✭✭✭miller82

tempted by vokes now and i want a new car

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,738 ✭✭✭Cartman78

Have the exact funds right now to dump Kane for Zlatan for a -4.

Zlatan has the interesting combination of form and fixtures.

Kane has zero form and is playing one of the best defences in the league this weekend.

The answer seems obvious but literally every decision I've made this season has gone spectacularly arseways

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,618 ✭✭✭✭siblers

Cartman78 wrote: »

Kane has zero form and is playing one of the best defences in the league this weekend.

The answer seems obvious but literally every decision I've made this season has gone spectacularly arseways

For this reason I'm keeping Kane. He has to score eventually!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 738 ✭✭✭at9qu5vp0wcix7

siblers wrote: »
    For this reason I'm keeping Kane. He has to score eventually!

As a long-term Lukaku owner, I would warn against that logic!

Done...throwing the armband on Zlatan as well.

Kane meanwhile joins Fuchs, Cedric, Eriksen and Baines on my sh1tlist

• Registered Users Posts: 16,305 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Prodston

I'm kind of thinking ahead a little here but...

What's the thinking about Aguero when his ban is up after this GW?

I mean he is Aguero. And he'd be a very low owned Aguero...

I have a plan in place to bring him back

• Advertisement

Jesus joins in January and he seems to be very highly rated. Kun hasn't really looked happy this season and his role has changed from recent years. Think I'll pass for now as I'm happy to go with Costa and Ibra. Pep is also hard to second guess.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,670 ✭✭✭DJIMI TRARORE

Jesus joins in January and he seems to be very highly rated. Kun hasn't really looked happy this season and his role has changed from recent years. Think I'll pass for now as I'm happy to go with Costa and Ibra. Pep is also hard to second guess.[/QUOTE]

He hasnt even being born yet,but if your good enough,your old enough. Would he be the youngest ever premiership player?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,672 ✭✭✭ElTel

Jesus joins in January and he seems to be very highly rated. Kun hasn't really looked happy this season and his role has changed from recent years. Think I'll pass for now as I'm happy to go with Costa and Ibra. Pep is also hard to second guess.

Yeah I agree but remembering these valid reasons if he scores against Liverpool will be the hard part.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,172 ✭✭✭pimpmyhat

Done...throwing the armband on Zlatan as well.

Kane meanwhile joins Fuchs, Cedric, Eriksen and Baines on my sh1tlist

Erikson??
    Because he didn't score or assist last week?
    He is playing brilliant

pimpmyhat wrote: »
    Erikson??
    Because he didn't score or assist last week?
    He is playing brilliant

Haha...no....I owned him for about 8 weeks earlier on in the season when he blanked every week pretty much

Will be waiting to see (a) if City look to be continuing to improve and (b) how and what role Aguero plays v Liverpool (c) whether Zlatan and Costa are easily droppable.

Will at least be in a position to bring him back by Burnley.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,840 ✭✭✭✭dahat

Firmino, I like what I saw of him v Everton and strongly considering getting him in. He got into good positions and was unlucky not to score..

Anyone else think same? I know he has frustrated a few in here over last few weeks.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,022 ✭✭✭✭Iused2likebusts

dahat wrote: »
    Firmino, I like what I saw of him v Everton and strongly considering getting him in. He got into good positions and was unlucky not to score..

Anyone else think same? I know he has frustrated a few in here over last few weeks.
    I have him and have no inclination to sell him. I thought he was their most dangerous attacking player the other night. If your not aware it looks like he is dropping tonight. If Coleman doesn't get back to make that clearance no doubt he would be on his way to a rise.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,840 ✭✭✭✭dahat

I have him and have no inclination to sell him. I thought he was their most dangerous attacking player the other night. If your not aware it looks like he is dropping tonight. If Coleman doesn't get back to make that clearance no doubt he would be on his way to a rise.

In a league where it restarts on Stephens Day scoring so any points hits won't count in the weekly score for that league only.
    I'll shift him on that basis and get him back after he drops.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 42,211 ✭✭✭✭Scorpion Sting

Yeah it's a very fickle game this FPL craic. He played brilliantly, could have had a hat-trick but points are the be all and end all to the vast majority. I've had him for a good while now and will be holding him for a little while longer. You said yourself Busts that you just have to stick by players like Firmino during their dry spells as no doubt they'll get back into form sooner rather than later.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,668 ✭✭✭✭extra gravy

Yeah it's a very fickle game this FPL craic. He played brilliantly, could have had a hat-trick but points are the be all and end all to the vast majority. I've had him for a good while now and will be holding him for a little while longer. You said yourself Busts that you just have to stick by players like Firmino during their dry spells as no doubt they'll get back into form sooner rather than later.

How long are you willing to give a player though? He's had 6 blanks in a row. Plus you have the fact that Lallana is over a million cheaper and has outscored him despite playing less minutes. It's all well and good that he's performing well but if a player isn't returning points then I'd be getting rid.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 42,211 ✭✭✭✭Scorpion Sting

How long are you willing to give a player though? He's had 6 blanks in a row. Plus you have the fact that Lallana is over a million cheaper and has outscored him despite playing less minutes. It's all well and good that he's performing well but if a player isn't returning points then I'd be getting rid.

I'll give him the next two at least and assess after that. He may make way if I'm going to get Aguero back in.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,502 ✭✭✭spock.

I'd be happy to pay the extra million for Firmino over Lallana. I think Lallana has been quite lucky to have so many points.

I've watched the past four games. In the previous 2 Bournemouth and west ham I'd have been concerned as he wasn't getting into the positions required to return decent ff points. The last two games boro and Everton have been a different story he has looked far more threatening and I'd feel its only a matter of time before he gets the pts his performance deserves. I get what your saying re llalana and if in the future I need the money its a move I'd make as I think you have to have atleast one Liverpool mid. I know most won't view it this way but the 6 blanks in a row doesn't bother me as now its all about the next game. Those 6 gws are gone there is nothing that can be done about those lost points. Its all about what happens next. This is why I never sell Sanchez or talk about selling sanchez.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,911 ✭✭✭tailgunner

Liverpool mids are so frustrating. I had Lallana for weeks of blanks earlier in the season when he seemed to be playing behind the front three, so I swapped him for Firmino. Then Firmino got moved out left, and started blanking. So I swapped back to Lallana a week or two ago. Now Firmino is back playing centrally again. You can't win!

I'm getting Coutinho when he's back from injury and keeping him for the rest of the season.

tailgunner wrote: »
    Liverpool mids are so frustrating. I had Lallana for weeks of blanks earlier in the season when he seemed to be playing behind the front three, so I swapped him for Firmino. Then Firmino got moved out left, and started blanking. So I swapped back to Lallana a week or two ago. Now Firmino is back playing centrally again. You can't win!

The above is making the lads points for them! Pick and stick.

The debate for me is whether a Liverpool mid is actually essential. :eek:

I expect most will disagree and I'm only throwing it out as I'm not certain of my own position, but isn't there a case to go with a mid in a team who may score less goals but who will have a higher consistency and % involvement. A Siggy, or Chadli, or when fit Mhkitaryan. You'll need to swap these players round as fixtures and team form fluctuate but possibly more likelihood of returns for less cash?

Liverpool mid 'pick and stick' is well and good but Firmino lately has shown the weakness in that plan. Especially with Klopps tendency to shuffle the roles around.

Siggy has another great run coming up from GW25, JRod if he nails the spot from GW19. Chadli or Philips from 20 or 22.

Would these guys with a good run of games, in some cases with setpieces/pens, not be a better use of a midfield slot, especially with the cash they free up.

I'll be going for Theo over a Pool mid for Xmas I'd say.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 738 ✭✭✭at9qu5vp0wcix7

I thought it was pretty clear and simple: Firimino has been pushed out wide since Coutinho's injury to accommodate Origi, a position in which he is less effective.

FHFC wrote: »
    The above is making the lads points for them! Pick and stick.

Oh yeah, I wasn't disagreeing. Trying to be clever by swapping them around definitely cost me in the long run.

I thought it was pretty clear and simple: Firimino has been pushed out wide since Coutinho's injury to accommodate Origi, a position in which he is less effective.

No. Firmino and Origi have swapped around a lot during games, with Firmino being central most of the time over the last two games and Origi out wide. On occasions Origi was wide while two or three Liverpool players were flooding into the box. Mane and Firmino were much more active in the box vs Everton.

Sturridge is likely to get some more minutes now though which will upset the applecart further.

• Advertisement

FHFC wrote: »
    No. Firmino and Origi have swapped around a lot during games, with Firmino being central most of the time over the last two games and Origi out wide. On occasions Origi was wide while two or three Liverpool players were flooding into the box. Mane and Firmino were much more active in the box vs Everton.

Sturridge is likely to get some more minutes now though which will upset the applecart further.

I think there was more swapping last night than in the previous game. Against Middlesbrough Origi was central more often than not.

As Coutinho regains match fitness Mane will be heading off so I expect Firmino will then cover that wing. Origi is the way forward for LFC players now I think. Coutinho will be the midfielder to own once fully up to speed.

I think there was more swapping last night than in the previous game. Against Middlesbrough Origi was central more often than not.

As Coutinho regains match fitness Mane will be heading off so I expect Firmino will then cover that wing. Origi is the way forward for LFC players now I think. Coutinho will be the midfielder to own once fully up to speed.

Cheers.

I was worried by him vs Everton, was woefully slow at getting into the box at times. Watching the replays of most good Liverpool changes and Origi always seemed to be trailing around the left wing while Mane and Firmino were coming close to scoring.

And I agree on the last point, Coutinho has seemed the most consistently involved.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 15,237 Mod ✭✭✭✭FutureGuy

Two free transfers made. I do like a -12 though. :eek::cool::pac:

You reckon Origi is nailed on to keep his place? (in the short term at least)

Thinking about Alli to Theo for a hit. Only really wanted Alli for Spurs last 3 home fixtures rather than long term. Theo's next 6 are tasty and should cover the hit. Already have Kane and don't fancy having two Spurs attackers against Soton. Only concern is rotation.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,593 ✭✭✭patmac

Is it worth -4 to bring him in for Costa for Origi? This would also would give me a selection headache as to who to leave out of, Eriksen, Zaha, Mane, Milner, Sanchez, Negredo and Ibra.

• Advertisement

I have him but wouldn't get him in now. I don't think he will start the next 3 . I'm considering benching him next gw as I think there is a chance sturridge will start.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,962 ✭✭✭Hogey007

patmac wrote: »
    Is it worth -4 to bring him in for Costa for Origi? This would also would give me a selection headache as to who to leave out of, Eriksen, Zaha, Mane, Milner, Sanchez, Negredo and Ibra.

Think you've answered your own question there in the second part :)

Thinking about Alli to Theo for a hit. Only really wanted Alli for Spurs last 3 home fixtures rather than long term. Theo's next 6 are tasty and should cover the hit. Already have Kane and don't fancy having two Spurs attackers against Soton. Only concern is rotation.

I'm in exactly the same situation, and leaning towards doing it.

I'm concerned about rotation as well, but Arsenal have lost their last two games in a row, so I'm not sure Wenger can afford to rotate too much. In any case, I'd say Sanchez is more likely to be rested.

FWIW, Walcott started all three games over the Christmas period last year (admittedly while Sanchez was injured).

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,593 ✭✭✭patmac

Hogey007 wrote: »
    Think you've answered your own question there in the second part :)

Yeah but what if Sanchez or Ibra are rested:)?

I have him but wouldn't get him in now. I don't think he will start the next 3 . I'm considering benching him next gw as I think there is a chance sturridge will start.

I'm not sure whether to transfer him out or not, not many other options in his price range. Was gonna transfer him out for Slimani but didn't realise Slimani was so expensive

• Advertisement

I'm not sure whether to transfer him out or not, not many other options in his price range. Was gonna transfer him out for Slimani but didn't realise Slimani was so expensive

I think if you have him I'd defo keep him. In an ideal scenario he starts against stoke and doesn't against city so will then play against Sunderland.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,962 ✭✭✭Hogey007

patmac wrote: »
    Yeah but what if Sanchez or Ibra are rested:)?

I don't think they'll be rested for the next game as they'll have had a good break before it. Possibly the game after for ibra as it's 3 days before west ham away.

I think you'll really want Costa for his game when he's back too so for me it's not worth a hit to get rid of him.
    You'd need origi to outscore say negredo (who you'd be benching) by 4 points to get any gains & then wouldn't have Costa when he returns fully rested for a really nice home game.

tailgunner wrote: »
    I'm in exactly the same situation, and leaning towards doing it.

I'm concerned about rotation as well, but Arsenal have lost their last two games in a row, so I'm not sure Wenger can afford to rotate too much. In any case, I'd say Sanchez is more likely to be rested.

FWIW, Walcott started all three games over the Christmas period last year (admittedly while Sanchez was injured).

Think I'm going to do it. Walcott rising tonight though

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,677 ✭✭✭Aenaes

I'm undecided who to transfer OUT, let alone who to transfer in. I plan on keeping Costa but with him suspended I need my front 7 to start which might be difficult with Iheanacho, Son and Pedro.

Foster Pickford
    Holebas Amat Pieters Francis McAuley
    Hazard Pedro Son Sanchez Firmino
    Costa Defoe Iheanacho

2 FT and 0.3 ITB.

I was planning Iheanacho out and Origi in but then I couldn't really find a suitable replacement for Pedro/Son.
    Now I'm wondering if I should do Son to Walcott and Iheanacho to Carroll.
    I was thinking Iheanacho could start versus Hull but that's very hard to call.
    Any suggestions if you were in my place ?

Aenaes wrote: »
    I'm undecided who to transfer OUT, let alone who to transfer in. I plan on keeping Costa but with him suspended I need my front 7 to start which might be difficult with Iheanacho, Son and Pedro.

Foster Pickford
    Holebas Amat Pieters Francis McAuley
    Hazard Pedro Son Sanchez Firmino
    Costa Defoe Iheanacho

2 FT and 0.3 ITB.

I was planning Iheanacho out and Origi in but then I couldn't really find a suitable replacement for Pedro/Son.
    Now I'm wondering if I should do Son to Walcott and Iheanacho to Carroll.
    I was thinking Iheanacho could start versus Hull but that's very hard to call.
    Any suggestions if you were in my place ?
    Ye I'd do son and nacho to Carroll and Theo.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 48,264 ✭✭✭✭km79

I can not advise anyone to sign Andy Carroll after watching him play for 90 minutes the last day
    Honestly he played DM in front of the back 4 for almost the entire second half
    At home
    To
    Hull

If you want to sign someone of that ilk I'd go for llorente

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 466 ✭✭L.S.F

I hastily brought Slimini in for Costa without realising I could afford Ibra. Also have Karius in my side who's value is plummeting with Pickford second keeper. Don't want to take a 4 point hit but depends how much I drink on Christmas Day...

km79 wrote: »
    I can not advise anyone to sign Andy Carroll after watching him play for 90 minutes the last day
    Honestly he played DM in front of the back 4 for almost the entire second half
    At home
    To
    Hull

If you want to sign someone of that ilk I'd go for llorente
    Ye he was rubbish from what I seen on motd. Probably more that west ham were rubbish. I'd be hopeful they may play with a bit more freedom after there two big wins. Slim pickings at that price and he can just bench him the next game if he blanks as he has a strong front 8.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 48,264 ✭✭✭✭km79

Big Sam to he in charge of palace in time for next game
    Not sure what that will mean for zaha
    But I'll be selling him soon anyway

• Registered Users Posts: 3,672 ✭✭✭ElTel

They are good transfers (Walcott especially) but don't address the balance in the attacking 8.
    Have you an Aguero plan Aenaes? I'd consider Barnes (Burnley) or Campbell (CP)

Perhaps Pieters to Friend/Chambers and roll a FT but price pressures likely means this will cost you.

• Advertisement
Advertisement