Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

I'm having major problems with Debenhams online checkout payment. Can you help?

• 17-12-2016 3:08pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,021 ✭✭✭✭

I have an account with Debenhams that I use for click and collect.

All details are up to date. The card matches the billing address etc. email address correct.

I was purchasing this morning and when I got to the checkout it wouldn't process the order. This is what the error message said...

"the billing address information is incomplete. Complete the billing address by clicking Edit"

So I go to my address details. Nothing wrong at all, eircode included, everything. It matches the card billing address.

I am spitting feathers here! I've been on to the helpline, they didn't know what I could do!! All they offered was to check in store and put me on to Dublin. That took half an hour. The goods were not in stock but were available online. Yikes, the frustration!

Has anyone any advice. I will go into the store on Monday and see if they can help, but in the meantime?

I cannot seem to close the account and start again either, grrrr.

Thanks.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 34,210 ✭✭✭✭NIMAN

Did you try clearing your cache on your PC?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 609 ✭✭✭rubberdungeon

Try a different browser.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,021 ✭✭✭✭Spanish Eyes

OK, was using Chrome, and opened the account in MS Edge.

Same issue.

Weird. But thanks for the suggestions.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,065 ✭✭✭Miaireland

Have you anything like commas or full stops. That might be the issue. Is your phone number correct? Can you check out as a guest?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,021 ✭✭✭✭Spanish Eyes

Miaireland wrote: »
    Have you anything like commas or full stops. That might be the issue. Is your phone number correct? Can you check out as a guest?

Thanks, I tried everything with the account I was trying to use as I have a separate card that is associated with it. No joy, and I couldn't close the account down either.

Anyway, after scratching my head numerous times I just cleared browsing history and logged in as a new user. Exactly the same information as on the inaccessible account but used a different card.

IT WORKED!

It was so frustrating though, but never mind all sorted.

And thanks to those who threw out suggestions. They really helped especially clearing the cache/history thing, although that meant I had to sign up to Gmail accounts all over again, and of course I couldn't remember the passwords, so another bit of a saga.

All done and dusted now. I feel like a bit of a drama llama, but I was just so frustrated!!

• Advertisement
Advertisement