Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Outgoing An Post parcel lost

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 15,899 ✭✭✭✭Discodog

Sleeper12 wrote: »
    So they won't owe you 200 Euro?

€150 plus €55 paid for postage

Subject to Condition 16 (5) If any Postal Packet is lost, damaged or delayed, by at least seven (7) days if for delivery within
    the State or by at least ten (10) days if for delivery outside the State, whilst in the custody of An Post, An Post shall pay
    compensation to any person or persons who establish a reasonable claim to compensation. No compensation shall be
    paid for consequential loss or the cost of the contents. Compensation shall include the cost of the Charges, cost of the
    cover of the Postal Packet, the cost of replacement or reproduction of the packaging and a small sum in respect of any
    other costs. Compensation may be paid in stamps

€200 in stamps :eek:

But another say €20 to cover the packaging, other costs etc If everyone claimed then AnPost would be more careful.

Potentially nasty T&C

Compensation shall not be paid for:
    (a) the loss of or damage to a Postal Packet containing anything prohibited from transmission by post;
    (b) for loss or damage arising from events outside the control of An Post;

• Registered Users Posts: 1,341 ✭✭✭ssmith6287

are an post responsible for what royal mail do or are they simply responsible for getting it to royal mail?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,764 ✭✭✭my3cents

ssmith6287 wrote: »
    are an post responsible for what royal mail do or are they simply responsible for getting it to royal mail?

In one of my lost package debacles with AnPost I was told by the local post office manage that they were only responsible up to passing the parcel to the next carrier (where it was lost). P!ssed off at that I investigated further and was told by the An Post help line that that was Bullsh!t and that when they An Post were entrusted with the parcel they were responsible all the way until it was signed for by the recipient.

So in short An Post are responsible, if they weren't they could just dump the mail with anyone and walk away.

my3cents wrote: »
    In one of my lost package debacles with AnPost I was told by the local post office manage that they were only responsible up to passing the parcel to the next carrier (where it was lost). P!ssed off at that I investigated further and was told by the An Post help line that that was Bullsh!t and that when they An Post were entrusted with the parcel they were responsible all the way until it was signed for by the recipient.

So in short An Post are responsible, if they weren't they could just dump the mail with anyone and walk away.

Exactly. They took my money as payment from Ireland to Sweden. The other carriers were appointed by AnPost & act for them.

I wonder if they internally charge whoever loses it or just have a central insurance fund ?

• Registered Users Posts: 29 razor70

Having the exact same issue.
    Parcel to Norway with xmas presents sent on 2/12, last update was 6/12 "despatched from London Heahrow Transit hub" on 6/12. Cost me €66 in postage too!

• Advertisement

razor70 wrote: »
    Having the exact same issue.
    Parcel to Norway with xmas presents sent on 2/12, last update was 6/12 "despatched from London Heahrow Transit hub" on 6/12. Cost me €66 in postage too!

Have you filled in the online query form ?

• Registered Users Posts: 29 razor70

Discodog wrote: »
    Have you filled in the online query form ?

I did yesterday :(

I can imagine them waiting until all the Christmas mail has gone & then seeing what's left.

It arrived & only 3 weeks late :pac:

Advertisement