Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

MAC Studio Fix VS Pro longwear

Options
  • 17-12-2016 5:41pm
    Registered Users Posts: 560 ✭✭✭

I can't decide which one to get so wondering which one would you recommend?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,901 ✭✭✭Gunslinger92

I went in to Mac recently myself wanting to get prolongwear, as I had thought that studio fix was too cakey on me.

But the girl advised me to stick with studio fix because I have a bit of acne and want high enough coverage. It also turned out that I had been using the completely wrong shade, I had nc15 when I'm really an nw10! And it's a perfect match I'm delighted - I look at my bottle of nc15 now and it's mad to think I was matched to it.

Studio fix can also apply quite sheer if you want by using a beauty blender / sponge - you can build up the coverage as much as you want then. So I'd recommend studio fix :)

• Registered Users Posts: 560 ✭✭✭xDisneyDivax

Really? I don't have acne but sometimes have a combo of oily and dry patches

• Registered Users Posts: 856 ✭✭✭idunno78

I use prolong wear in nc15 (20 with tan). Find it really longlasting. Defo wouldn't be for dry skin. And is fairly full coverage. I only use it going out or if I'm going away for the day! Sometime but a bit of face and body in to give a bit of glow!

Why don't you ask for sample of both and see what you like?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,390 ✭✭✭Airyfairy12

I wouldn't recommend any Mac foundations besides face and body for dry skin, ive got very normal skin with a few dry(ish) areas, mac foundations cling to them like crazy and sucks the life out of my skin. Obviously everyones different and what wont work for me could be perfect for you but just keep it in mind before you purchase a full foundation, id ask for samples of both, wear each sample for a day and see how you get on. x

• Registered Users Posts: 3,599 ✭✭✭sashafierce

This post has been deleted.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 856 ✭✭✭idunno78

NC is yellow toned. NW is pinky toned! You would probably notice a difference with them side by side. They say there is loads of ways to know. Like the colours of your veins in wrist! I dunno tho! My veins say I'd be pink but I'm definately yellow!

• Registered Users Posts: 11,971 ✭✭✭✭peekachoo

I've used prolongwear in nw15 for years I find it perfect and I would have skin that can get dry and flaky in cold weather. Lasts as long as you want it to, I love it!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,767 ✭✭✭GingerLily

I have a pink based skin tone but usually wear a neutral or slightly yellow toned base to balance out the redness. That's possibly why the MAC MUA recommended you NC when your naturally a NW.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,029 ✭✭✭SusieBlue

I am 100% pink toned my face is pinky blotches. Yet when I called to mac last she told me that I was an NC and I had been using the wrong one. She gave me a sample but I seen no difference. I continued with NW as Ive been using it a long time now.

I would be pink toned, so I use NC to even out the pinkness. My friend is yellow toned, she'd use the NW to warm up her completion.
    There's no hard or fast rules with it, I was also recommended NW years ago but find it looks very warm and almost dirty on me. The yellow toned NC balances the red tones.
    It's all down to preference, for my base ie. Foundation, contour etc I much prefer cooler ashier tones to warm ones, then I warm up with warm eyeshadow colours, lipstick and a dash of bronzer. For reference I would wear NC 30 in studio fix.

• Advertisement

• Registered Users Posts: 2,103 ✭✭✭misslt

Slightly off topic here, I'm currently wearing NW15 in pro longwear and its a tiny bit too dark for me, so I want NW13.

I've been able to get a sample of this before and I love it so I'm trying to purchase. Problem is, it doesn't look like its available.

I'm so confused since I've been able to get samples - the last time the girl was like "I have a bottle here but I'm sold out of on sale ones" - but its not available online on the UK site, only US.

Does anyone know if the NW13 in pro longwear is available to buy outside of the states?

• Registered Users Posts: 8,029 ✭✭✭SusieBlue

misslt wrote: »
    Slightly off topic here, I'm currently wearing NW15 in pro longwear and its a tiny bit too dark for me, so I want NW13.

I've been able to get a sample of this before and I love it so I'm trying to purchase. Problem is, it doesn't look like its available.

I'm so confused since I've been able to get samples - the last time the girl was like "I have a bottle here but I'm sold out of on sale ones" - but its not available online on the UK site, only US.

Does anyone know if the NW13 in pro longwear is available to buy outside of the states?

I got it in duty free in Luton airport a couple of months back, I know it's not much help but maybe you know someone making a trip soon who could get it for you.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,103 ✭✭✭misslt

WhiteRoses wrote: »
    I got it in duty free in Luton airport a couple of months back, I know it's not much help but maybe you know someone making a trip soon who could get it for you.

Thank you - I will be going through Gatwick shortly and will check there!

See I would agree with you based on the website - but I have gotten samples and seen the bottle!

Its on the US site so I might just use a parcel forwarding service.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,901 ✭✭✭Gunslinger92

Considering I use NW10 you were told wrong :pac:

Advertisement