Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Toyota Corolla 2014 - 2016, window fogging up problem

• 17-12-2016 6:05pm
    Registered Users Posts: 4

I understand that car windows fog up but the new shape Toyota corolla takes fogging up to the next level. Every morning the windows are white I mean snow white . Yes, we turn on the window heaters and after 5 minute it just about clears up. After 10 minutes of driving the car it returns to snow white again. Sometimes I park it and I look around at the other cars and there windows are all clear. But the 2014 Toyota corolla stands out like a sore thumb it's the only one all fogged up. We took it to the lovely people at Toyota Ireland, who will tell you that Toyota is the best built cars in the world till they are blue in the face. They claim the car is ok. Believe me it's not ok, and it's only a matter of time before one of these Toyota Corolla's is a crash thats caused by fogged up windows. Please anyone els with a 2014-2016 Toyota corolla with the same problem comment below.
    Thanks for reading

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 83,517 ✭✭✭✭Atlantic Dawn
    M

When was the pollen filter last changed?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,569 ✭✭✭Special Circumstances

Do you have air con?

Do you use it, or are you "saving money"?

Is the ventilation set to recirculating internal air, or bringing in external air?

• Registered Users Posts: 4 d1020

Hi, this 2014 corolla does not have air condition.The car has 48,303 Km on the odometer .The pollen filter was changed and all service history is up to data. Yes, the ventilation is set 100% and even Toyota showed my family member who owns the car how to use it and the windows are still very bad. I have talked to other 2014 - 2016 Toyota corolla owners and they report the same problems. I guess I might be the only one complaining to Toyota Ireland about this problem and therefore Im not getting any satisfaction from them. Im just concerned about my family safety.

M

Does it only happen during the winter or would it occur during summer months too?

Hi, both but it gets worse during the winter.

• Advertisement
    M

Do you keep clothing or any other items in the boot of the car that could hold moisture?

To be honest the car is very clean inside at all times. I think it's a Manufacturing problem which is on going since not long after the car was new. We have been in and out of the Toyota garage for along time and if anything the problem is getting worse. We have classic cars at home over 20 years old. And when they are parked outside in the same weather elements as the 2014 corolla, the corolla windows will be white .And the 20 year olds cars windows will be all clear.

• Registered Users Posts: 410 ✭✭megafan

Sounds like you have a leak somewhere... Are the carpets wet/damp in any part of the car? Even check spare wheel area for pool of water....

Advertisement