Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Found phone

• 17-12-2016 8:45pm
    Registered Users Posts: 122 ✭✭

Hey i found an iPhone 5 see attached pic screen saver if anyone know whos this please pm

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 985 ✭✭✭Atari Jaguar

Letsdoit wrote: »
    Hey i found an iPhone 5 see attached pic screen saver if anyone know whos this please pm

Don't show the screensaver it's very easy to claim it's there's. Your best of handing it into the Gardaí

• Registered Users Posts: 122 ✭✭Letsdoit

Don't show the screensaver it's very easy to claim it's there's. Your best of handing it into the Gardaí

I would expect the owner to confirm the passcode??

Would that guards be able to locate the people?

I just wouldnt expect to really care to try.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,832 ✭✭✭DopeTech

Nothing attached. Keep it charged if you have a charger. The owner might call it.

FrostyJim wrote: »
    Nothing attached. Keep it charged if you have a charger. The owner might call it.

Well just making sure its ok to attach the dropbox link?

It was turned off and back on so the pass is needed.

Well just making sure its ok to attach the dropbox link?

It was turned off and back on so the pass is needed.

Take out SIM card and put it into a different phone and hopefully there will be some SIM contacts or at least it will receive a call or text.

Then just inform the caller you found the phone lost and ask them to get into contact with the owner to call and arrange collection

There's a small chance you'll get the owner here but that assumes

1. They use boards
    2. They frequent the limerick city forum

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,853 ✭✭✭Poxyshamrock

Ask Siri who the owner is

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 51,277 ✭✭✭✭bazz26

The first thing most people do when they lose a phone is ring it, if they get no answer or it's switched off, the next thing they normally do is contact their network to disable it.

BTW there are ways of owners finding their phones these days via the manufacturer and other apps so all may not be lost for it's rightful owner.

bazz26 wrote: »
    The first thing most people do when they lose a phone is ring it, if they get no answer or it's switched off, the next thing they normally do is contact their network to disable it.

BTW there are ways of owners finding their phones these days via the manufacturer and other apps so all may not be lost for it's rightful owner.

If they have find my iPhone enabled they should be able to find it fairly rapid

Take out SIM card and put it into a different phone and hopefully there will be some SIM contacts or at least it will receive a call or text.

Then just inform the caller you found the phone lost and ask them to get into contact with the owner to call and arrange collection

There's a small chance you'll get the owner here but that assumes

1. They use boards
    2. They frequent the limerick city forum

They didnt have a sim card pin so somebody finally rang and they will pass the message on I have it.

They didnt have a sim card pin so somebody finally rang and they will pass the message on I have it.

Glad to hear the owner will get their phone back

• Advertisement
Advertisement