Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Android tablet pc locked cannot unlock

Options
  • 17-12-2016 9:41pm
    Registered Users Posts: 94 ✭✭

Hi guys
    My boyfriend turned on his tonight & it was locked.
    He doesn't have a password on it.
    It had a message Hvaala (thank you in serbian) &
    tablet locked by android device & a space to input password.
    Have tried switching it off then afterwards holding volume on & power button.
    Still doesn't reset it.
    Any suggestions? Thanks a mill.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,766 ✭✭✭RossieMan

It's been locked by android device manager by the sounds of things.

Can't get it unlocked without the password. A full wipe might sort it, but it's doubtful it you'll be able to do that without a bit of knowledge.

• Registered Users Posts: 94 ✭✭Dalkeybabe

RossieMan wrote: »
    It's been locked by android device manager by the sounds of things.

Can't get it unlocked without the password. A full wipe might sort it, but it's doubtful it you'll be able to do that without a bit of knowledge.

What exactly do we need to do? Can you talk us through it? Thanks.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,766 ✭✭✭RossieMan

How to wipe a tablet that you can't turn on? Simply Google the tablet version and you'll have plenty of guides.

With the amount of stolen tablets floating around i wouldn't be happy to help, just incase.

Good luck with it.

• Registered Users Posts: 94 ✭✭Dalkeybabe

RossieMan wrote: »
    How to wipe a tablet that you can't turn on? Simply Google the tablet version and you'll have plenty of guides.

With the amount of stolen tablets floating around i wouldn't be happy to help, just incase.

Good luck with it.

Fair enough. I didn't realise that. Thanks anyway.

• Registered Users Posts: 36,167 ✭✭✭✭ED E

Could the tablet be stolen?

If its not, then his Google account has quite probably been compromised and he needs to take appropriate action (Change a lot of passwords).

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,799 ✭✭✭DopeTech

• Registered Users Posts: 8,184 ✭✭✭riclad

IF he has a google account email , he can acess it from any pc
    and see if its been acessed from any new device recently .
    A google email account is needed to install apps on any android device.
    if his email account has been hacked into the person could change the password and maybe lock him out from his tablet

Advertisement