Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Late e220 w211

• 17-12-2016 10:27pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 942 ✭✭✭

Been looking at few 2008/2009 e220's for past couple of months and have seen this on sale for ages. Last feb it has 19" rims which looked ridiculous. I see it's still for sale. Anyone know why its not selling?

Originally looking for 11k

https://www.donedeal.ie/cars-for-sale/mercedes-benz-e-220-avantgarde/12628482

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 51,297 ✭✭✭✭bazz26

It's a nearly 9 year old big car with relatively speaking high motor tax and 120k miles on the clock. Asking 11k was more than optimystic in my opinion. You'd buy a similar age/mileage 520d for less money which has lower motor tax. BTW it's current seller has an A3 and Passat for sale too so is a part time dealer of some sorts.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 942 ✭✭✭trabpc

Thank Bazz but ive always perceived the merc 2006 onwards to be more reliable than than the 520d of that era. Personally. I wouldn't touch the bmw of that generation, but was just curious as to why this one remains unsold. Id be saving on tax by buying this too..... It's funny you mention tax as I herd some one recently describe an accords negatives recently as its tax being €390 as relatively high.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 51,297 ✭✭✭✭bazz26

trabpc wrote:
    Thank Bazz but ive always perceived the merc 2006 onwards to be more reliable than than the 520d of that era. Personally. I wouldn't touch the bmw of that generation, but was just curious as to why this one remains unsold. Id be saving on tax by buying this too..... It's funny you mention tax as I herd some one recently describe an accords negatives recently as its tax being €390 as relatively high.

Mercs would probably shade it on reliability alright but they also have an old man image especially the E class. Irish people are funny in that they will focus their car buying decision on motor tax alone and happily pay thousands more to get into a low motor tax car.

Advertisement