Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Q-Park free EV parking and charging scheme ending

• 17-12-2016 11:01pm
    Registered Users Posts: 27

Pasting this post from one I made on the Facebook Irish EV Owners forum:

Sorry to pipe up again, but I had an interesting chat with an employee of a Cork city centre Q-Park earlier.

We are about to buy an EV, and I wanted to get the low-down on how the free parking and charging worked.

He told me what I needed to know, but then told me that they are getting rid of it early in the new year. Not only are they ceasing the free EV parking scheme, but they are also having the charger removed.

I didn't ask whether or not other Q-Park car parks were following suit, but it's safe to presume that they are.

Just thought that people would be interested in this little fact-bomb.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,144 ✭✭✭✭KCross

A Q-Park area manager told me in Sept that they had no plans to stop the initiative. They could of course have changed their position on it I suppose.

Whatever about getting rid of the free parking, removing the chargers seems very drastic/backward.

They should just charge for it, not remove it.

• Registered Users Posts: 27 Kennypants

KCross wrote: »
    A Q-Park area manager told me in Sept that they had no plans to stop the initiative. They could of course have changed their position on it I suppose.

Whatever about getting rid of the free parking, removing the chargers seems very drastic/backward.

They should just charge for it, not remove it.

I did get the impression that this employee was not entirely displeased at the news he gave me. He was quite emphatic.

We'll see, I suppose.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,638 ✭✭✭zilog_jones

Is this the one in Grand Parade, or St. Finbarr's, or both? I found them quite useful, as besides the chargers on South Mall I haven't found any other particularly convenient SCPs in the city centre. Copley St. seems a bit too far out of the way from the actual shopping area of town.

I would be willing to pay if pricing was reasonable.

• Registered Users Posts: 27 Kennypants

It was the Grand Parade car park. It would be a shame to see it go.

Is this the one in Grand Parade, or St. Finbarr's, or both? I found them quite useful, as besides the chargers on South Mall I haven't found any other particularly convenient SCPs in the city centre.

The one in Carrolls quay (across from the opera house) is very convenient and not widely used. Cross the bridge and you are practically on Patrick St.

Similarly, City Hall. Although I havent used the charger in that one but I presume it works fine.

• Advertisement

The free parking in Q-Parks is officially gone since 1 Mar.

If you book online you get a 20% discount on the parking and the charging is still free.

However, when you book online the shortest stay you can book is 4hrs and with the 20% disc code included it costs €8.80 (Grand Parade).

If you only want to stay an hour or two its cheaper to just pay normal price.

At least the chargers are still there and remain free.

Advertisement