Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

I'd buy that for a $: Retro bargains

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 225 ✭✭frasr

Doge wrote: »

How do you get past the UK only address?
    Using Parcel Motel is one option, but that defeats the purpose of the offer.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,016 ✭✭✭Doge

frasr wrote: »
    How do you get past the UK only address?
    Using Parcel Motel is one option, but that defeats purpose of the offer.

My apologies, I didn't read into it that much!

• Registered Users Posts: 225 ✭✭frasr

Nice deal though, thanks for posting it. Hopefully someone on here has a way of taking advantage of it. It's a shame we can't avail of it

• Registered Users Posts: 3,695 ✭✭✭DinoRex

Currently dumping a bunch of stuff in work. No sign of the old PVMs unfortunately. But there is a production quality JVC MiniDV and VHS deck with a firewire interface if anyone is interested.

• Registered Users Posts: 758 ✭✭✭fmul9798

I'd be interested in the mini dv deck - have many tapes and firewire on my pc

• Advertisement

fmul9798 wrote: »
    I'd be interested in the mini dv deck - have many tapes and firewire on my pc

Cool. I can put it to one side.

The plastic flip on the VHS part seems to be a little off it's track but it seems to power on fine, haven't been able to test out it's video output.

That would be great. If it is then available, might you be able to drop it in a parcel motel? I'd happily send you a PayPal gift to cover the cost...
    That is unless you happen to be in the West!
    DinoRex wrote: »
    Cool. I can put it to one side.

The plastic flip on the VHS part seems to be a little off it's track but it seems to power on fine, haven't been able to test out it's video output.

fmul9798 wrote: »
    That would be great. If it is then available, might you be able to drop it in a parcel motel? I'd happily send you a PayPal gift to cover the cost...
    That is unless you happen to be in the West!

Oooh. It's pretty big. I'd have to check the parcel motel dimensions.

• Registered Users Posts: 34,814 ✭✭✭✭o1s1n
    Master of the Universe

If you've any other production VHS players going give me a shout! Would love a decent tape deck to play some of my older stuff.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 34,583 CMod ✭✭✭✭CiDeRmAn

Shouldn't have but have ordered Nuts & Milk for the Famicom and Moero Twinbee for the FDD from the old eBay.
    Nuts & Milk looks pretty great tbh

• Advertisement

Will sort something out either way, definitely a decent use for it here with the old tapes I have. Maybe let me know approx size and can take it from there?
    DinoRex wrote: »
    Oooh. It's pretty big. I'd have to check the parcel motel dimensions.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,016 ✭✭✭Doge

CiDeRmAn wrote: »
    Shouldn't have but have ordered Nuts & Milk for the Famicom and Moero Twinbee for the FDD from the old eBay.
    Nuts & Milk looks pretty great tbh

I hope you keep your nuts and milk away from us at the next beers! :pac:

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 34,583 CMod ✭✭✭✭CiDeRmAn

Assaults Suit Valken for the PS2
    http://www.adverts.ie/14287544
    Only €25

• Registered Users Posts: 34,814 ✭✭✭✭o1s1n
    Master of the Universe

Assaults Suit Valken for the PS2
    http://www.adverts.ie/14287544
    Only €25

Apparently it's just a port of the SNES game? Weird idea!

o1s1n wrote: »
    Apparently it's just a port of the SNES game? Weird idea!

I have it, it's quite nice, apparently an "enhanced remake".
    Plus, it's the Japanese version, rather than the cut down localised one.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,719 ✭✭✭The Last Bandit

I picked up a clean Xbox 360 Slim + kinect in CEX for less than that !!

Throw in a €3 chip + bigger disk and it a grand little console :)

• Registered Users Posts: 7,633 ✭✭✭Inviere

Throw in a €3 chip + bigger disk and it a grand little console :)

Explain...

Ingredients:
    Xbox 360 + clone RGH chip + 1GB Disk + Aurora dashboard

Recipe:
    Dump Nand
    Install RHG chip and dump CPU keys to build new Nand image
    Install new Nand and hard disk
    Install new dashboard and few utilities
    Backup all DVDs to harddisk and enjoy

Never use Live so don't need to mess about with that stuff

Ingredients:
    Xbox 360 + clone RGH chip + 1GB Disk + Aurora dashboard

Recipe:
    Dump Nand
    Install RHG chip and dump CPU keys to build new Nand image
    Install new Nand and hard disk
    Install new dashboard and few utilities
    Backup all DVDs to harddisk and enjoy

Never use Live so don't need to mess about with that stuff

Never knew there were clone RGH chips, interesting. Whats the soldering level required?

The one I got is a clone of X360ACE V3, so the same 5 or 6 wires to do (all over ebay)

Installation is handy enough, its the reprogramming until you get the right timings is a pain, it was programmed for a different motherboard type by default.

• Advertisement

The one I got is a clone of X360ACE V3, so the same 5 or 6 wires to do (all over ebay)

Installation is handy enough, its the reprogramming until you get the right timings is a pain, it was programmed for a different motherboard type by default.

Hmm, will take a gander over the summer. Cheers!

Lucca & Robo tee over on Teefury today.
    It'll be there tomorrow as well, but today it's only $12!
    https://teefury.com/

Is that market rate for it now?
    Wow!

I'd have thought €250 is on the reasonable side given its complete with the posters etc? Thought I've seen that sitting and selling for around €400 before?

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 10,364 Mod ✭✭✭✭Andrew76

**** me! I should've held onto my copy for longer so. :D

The Ciderman Cycle...
    10 I will not sell
    20 I will not sell
    30 I sold
    40 I will not buy back
    50 I bought it back
    60 goto 10

• Registered Users Posts: 3,930 ✭✭✭Mr.Saturn

sugarman wrote: »
    Anyone else notice charity shops charging mad money for games and consoles these days?

Used to pick up a rake of games for a quid or two, now theyre at least €3 with a fiver being the average.

Fair enough if theyre actually worth it but most of them are PS2 sports titles and collection fillers.. the likes of FIFA, PES, Medal of Honor, Splinter Cell etc.. that you can pick up for 50c in CEX.

Its annoying because they just get chucked out if theyre not sold. I asked one of the girls working in the shop im friendly with and she said its all head office making the calls (Vincents in this case). Even my Gran was complaining about the books and other knick knacks she used to pick up going to mad money.

Battered launch 360 in the cabinet there this morning, ports covers missing yellowed from smoke/sun damage, no HDD or controller. Most likely RROD. €60 :pac:

The word's kinda out that old games are worth stuff but no one is doing any research, so you end with situations like The Getaway on PS2 being sold for a tenner. Like you said, I get trying to maximize the cash for charity but, yeah, most of these things go unsold and then dumped.

I'm more just amazed when charity shops in Dublin even have games anymore. Dunno if people are just hanging onto their stuff in the hopes of now getting a few pennies or if the charity shops are sending them to central to pawn off online or elsewhere (I know that's practice in some of the bigger charity outlets in the US), but now the old faithfuls that used to have even the worst FIFA/PES/EA stuff don't have a single game on their shelves.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,906 ✭✭✭CosmicSmash

I think the whole video games are worth big money thing is happening all over the world, it's definitely not unique to Ireland. It's been fueled by all these silly articles telling people that their old games and consoles are worth a lot of money when in the vast majority of cases they're not.

• Advertisement

I think the whole video games are worth big money thing is happening all over the world, it's definitely not unique to Ireland. It's been fueled by all these silly articles telling people that their old games and consoles are worth a lot of money when in the vast majority of cases they're not.

They are, of course, only valuable to the likes of us.
    And so they should give them all to us for free!
    Or €2 at most!

Advertisement