Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

JC STRESS HELP :-( !?!

Options
  • 18-12-2016 1:14am
    Registered Users Posts: 49

So basically, I'm trying to start studying for my mocks since they start on January the 30th but I don't really know how to make a study plan... I have 4 weak subjects which are geography, maths, CSPE and science (chemistry and physics, not biology) is it too late for me to start for mocks? I'm going to fail oh my :-((

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,225 ✭✭✭charolais0153

Ialison wrote: »
    So basically, I'm trying to start studying for my mocks since they start on January the 30th but I don't really know how to make a study plan... I have 4 weak subjects which are geography, maths, CSPE and science (chemistry and physics, not biology) is it too late for me to start for mocks? I'm going to fail oh my :-((

Don't worry bout cspe .what subjects are you doing next year. Just look over trig,functions, algebra,statistics and make sure you can do the exam questions and you should be sound . I wouldn't worry about subjects if your not doing them at lc. I was asked about my JC once..the day of the results.its only mocks, do your homework and whatnot and you should be fine for the majority

• Registered Users Posts: 49 Ialison

Don't worry bout cspe .what subjects are you doing next year. Just look over trig,functions, algebra,statistics and make sure you can do the exam questions and you should be sound . I wouldn't worry about subjects if your not doing them at lc. I was asked about my JC once..the day of the results.its only mocks, do your homework and whatnot and you should be fine for the majority

I am doing 11 subjects next year all higher level. And thank you !!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,225 ✭✭✭charolais0153

I am doing 11 subjects next year all higher level. And thank you !!

Ty?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,133 ✭✭✭mtoutlemonde

Firstly, no one is an expert in everything because you have people who are all wired differently - some people are good at maths - some people are good at languages and other people who are good at practical subjects etc.

Mocks are important - they are good for getting you set up at sitting exams - time management etc. but they shouldn't be stressing you out as much as they are.

For the four subjects you mention - watching the news is good for CSPE - you have a portfolio/project which will give you a boost.

For geography - choose a topic - read chapter - making notes for important vocabulary - take a break and do an exam paper relating to that topic and see how you get on - you could ask your teacher if he/she could have a look at it.

Same for science and maths.

Remember you are only in JC - it is important to you at the moment but believe me, when you get your results in September, you won't give it another thought. Also, don't focus on what you can't do - focus on what you can.

When in exams, read entire paper first, answer your stronger question first going to your worst.

With relation to study plan - have the school organised a study skills workshop or similar - if not maybe they will. If there is nothing, have a chat to career guidance counsellor or even year head and I'm sure they will help you.

I hope that settles your mind. Good luck with the mocks - you can only do your best. Take some time off and enjoy the Christmas holidays.

Advertisement