Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Don't you just hate it when someone who has never owned an EV comes on here...

13»

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,134 ✭✭✭✭KCross

Skommando wrote: »

I simply posted that I'll be moving to an ev when/if it becomes cheaper overall than traditional car ownership and becomes mainstream.

I was then told it is already, and I should buy a used ev.

We get your point. If you had said you were pitching the comment at bangernomics level we could have saved ourselves a few pages of agro! :)

Let's move on.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,923 ✭✭✭Reati

Water John wrote: »
    OP, just be smug ....

I thought that was part of the test you had to pass before being allowed to buy an EV.

south-park-s10e02c01-thanks-16x9.jpg

Joking aside - why does it matter what someone thinks? I don't have an EV but I'm not against the tech and it's only through more widespread adoption and use will it continue to get better and better. So if that's what people have chose to drive then fair play to you.

I'm sure the people telling you it's a bad choice etc wouldn't say no to a Tesla! After trying one in America I wouldn't!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 177 ✭✭TanFlash

KCross wrote:
    Sweeping for sure! How many do you know?

I sell them!

• Registered Users Posts: 638 ✭✭✭Skommando

KCross wrote: »
    We get your point. If you had said you were pitching the comment at bangernomics level we could have saved ourselves a few pages of agro! :)

Let's move on.

You might like to call my car a banger, but it's in excellent condition, and a lot more reliable than most.

TanFlash wrote: »
    I sell them!

Excellent! :)

Maybe you are just too greedy with your prices! :)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 177 ✭✭TanFlash

KCross wrote:
    Maybe you are just too greedy with your prices!

KCross wrote:
    Excellent!

What I mean is that people who own them are generally tight

You might like to call my car a banger, but it's in excellent condition, and a lot more reliable than most.

Not at all. The term bangernomics has nothing to do with reliability as such. I'm sure it's perfect and serving you well.

• Registered Users Posts: 638 ✭✭✭Skommando

KCross wrote: »
    Not at all. The term bangernomics has nothing to do with reliability as such. I'm sure it's perfect and serving you well.

I don't know why you feel the need to keep terming my car a banger ? It's in much better condition than most cars.

I don't know why you feel the need to keep terming my car a banger ? It's in much better condition than most cars.

I'm not. Google the term and you will understand.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,740 ✭✭✭✭Water John

Suggest you google, Bangernomics.
    Its a legitimate way to try and beat rapid depreciation, in any field.
    One simply buys something cheap and hopefully reliable. If the worst happens and the product fails to continue to function, and likely is not worth spending money repairing, one choses to replace with a similar model. That is the only risk of loss you then have.
    No refection on the car you drive.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,152 ✭✭✭✭Sleeper12

n97 mini wrote:
    ...to tell us all we've made a terrible mistake. It's why I prefer to discuss EVs elsewhere.

I've never driven an ev let alone owned one. I drive a jeep. The jeep is perfect for my business needs and an ev wouldn't be practical. It doesn't bother me if someone says I'm mad for whatever reason. I know that it fits my needs. Likewise it shouldn't bother you want people say here about evs. If it is right for you then it's right for you.
    BTW I do wish an ev did suit my needs

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 81,220 ✭✭✭✭biko

There is no reason to have a thread about how other boardsies are mean to you.
    If there is an issue, report the post and let the mods action it.

This forum is not a "safe zone", but it is mainly for the use of EV enthusiasts. If someone comes here to troll please let a mod know.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement