Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Your personal Ninty hopes and goals for the festive period and into 2017!!!

• 18-12-2016 10:05am
    Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 34,645 CMod ✭✭✭✭

raw

Just a quick thread to see what your good wishes are for your Nintendo gaming life in this Christmas and the coming year.

Aside from a day one purchase of the Switch, which I assume is a sure thing for many, I need to pick myself up a 3DS:XL and a N3DS:XL, to complete my Nintendo handheld collection, Game and Watches not withstanding.

On the subject of G&W games, seeing as I brought it up, I'm hoping to expand that collection to include Fire, Parachute and Octopus this coming year.

I'd love to pick up Nintendo's own dedicated bat and ball game Breakout clone, Color TV Game Block Kuzushi, a lovely looking machine tbh
    images?q=tbn:ANd9GcSmU4M13WotAT60jS1KTaGzcKM8B_N2I1iyQgQAtJM8_mztH489

Games-wise, I have most things I have to have on the various Nintendo formats, I would love to get the Megaman games for my Famicom, having only Megaman 2 for the NES, so I'll sell that on once I have the Fami versions. Also, want to get the Famicom Castlevania games too, so plenty of collecting still to be done!

So, there we go, let's all get into our hopes for the Ninty New Year!

200.gif#21

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,716 ✭✭✭✭machiavellianme

I'm hoping to finally finish the n64 collection.
    Only 8 CIB pal (I know) games to go.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,096 ✭✭✭✭Tom Mann Centuria

Santa's bringing an xbox one to my house, my hope is the kids don't forget the Wii U and games they have on it they haven't played much.

I'm looking forward to getting a switch (day one if money allows), and unsurprisingly I'm looking forward to the new Zelda.

Fingers crossed Nintendo get the marketing right in the new year and 3rd party actually back the new system.

Oh well, give me an easy life and a peaceful death.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,485 ✭✭✭✭Banjo

I'm hoping that the switch, when it arrives, will have controllers that are not so delicate that I can't bear to let any of the kids be P1. And that I can give up the controller once in a while now that I won't have "oh, but the screen!" as an excuse.

Otherwise I just hope I'll have enough sense to reject the switch at launch if the deal isn't right or the launch titles don't wow me. They've hurt me too many times, I shouldn't go back unless they've changed. Ninty can change... Can't they?

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 34,645 CMod ✭✭✭✭CiDeRmAn

Banjo wrote: »
    I'm hoping that the switch, when it arrives, will have controllers that are not so delicate that I can't bear to let any of the kids be P1. And that I can give up the controller once in a while now that I won't have "oh, but the screen!" as an excuse.

My experience of children, including my own, around controllers it that they leave a waste land of broken buttons, chewed d-pads and stood on casings. Not to mention half digested digestive biscuits smushed into the gaps and grooves around the controller.
    Here's hoping the crappy 3rd party controller community are on the case, bringing cheap, disposable controllers for kids to the Switch.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,320 ✭✭✭Ace Attorney

Hoping for a successful switch launch and a decent battery life on the thing and a strong launch title line up. Also want monolithsoft to offically announce their in deveopment of a new game or something from them at least.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,363 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

Think I have all I want Nintendo wise at the moment so nothing from Santa. But hope Nintendo put on a good show in January (less than a month away imagine) and I just realised that I get my bonus from work just a couple weeks before the Switch launches.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,364 ✭✭✭✭Kylo Ren

I'm also tempted by a N3DSXL (Surely contender for worst console name). I was waiting to see if the switch would be capable of playing them but alas...no.

I want to bolster my boxed Super Famicom collection and maybe get an Everdrive for the SNES and the N64.

I also need a few Wii U games that are the glaring omissions: Pikmin 3, Captain Toad, Tropical Freeze and Tokyo Mirage Sessions.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,431 ✭✭✭MilesMorales1

I hope the switch is great. I'm saving for the switch, playing through pokemon and paper mario color splash.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,211 ✭✭✭✭RobbingBandit

Hoping to switch on my Wii U for the first time next Sunday, in a few hours I am gonna put 20 3ds games in a bag and play lucky dip to see which ones I'm gonna play and in what order. Only gonna select 10 from the bag the rest are dooooooooooooooooooooooooomed.

My hope for 2017 is Dragon Quest VIII is as good as VII.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,567 ✭✭✭✭OwaynOTT

Hope I'm saying these words at the end of 2017:

'How the fcuk can Nintendo top that year?!'*

* and I mean that as in they had a tremendous year

• Advertisement
Advertisement