Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Sterling notes accepted in an exterior lodgement machine

Options
  • 18-12-2016 10:52am
    Registered Users Posts: 397 ✭✭

Hi all just a quick query does anybody know if the external machines accept sterling notes?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,764 ✭✭✭my3cents

I'd be 99% sure they don't. I would expect each machine is set up for one currency. I haven't used the note readers the banks use but the ones I used to test could be set up to read any currency in the world but you had to tell them which by reprogramming the firmware.

• Registered Users Posts: 397 ✭✭js35

Thanks for the reply :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,764 ✭✭✭my3cents

js35 wrote: »
    Thanks for the reply :)
    If you find out otherwise let us know, I visit the UK and constantly have odd Sterling notes I'd pay into the bank if I could just put it in a machine.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,367 ✭✭✭Bank of Ireland: Elaine

js35 wrote: »
    Hi all just a quick query does anybody know if the external machines accept sterling notes?
    Hi js35, 

Thank you for getting in contact with us here on Boards.ie.

While it's not possible to lodge foreign currency at our lodgement machines, you can exchange any notes in branch and then lodge directly to your account. 

Thanks, 
    Elaine 

Advertisement