Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Lessons as xmas present

• 18-12-2016 12:29pm
    Registered Users Posts: 293 ✭✭

Hi,

was thinking of getting driving lessons for relative in early 30's as xmas present. She would be classed as reluctant to drive but well aware of the need to get her license, so I am hoping to give her a push-start to overcome her initial reluctance. Is there any class that emphasises the "fun" aspects of driving, that might make her more amenable?

any suggestions?

thx
    M

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,068 ✭✭✭✭neris

get a good school with good instructor who,ll give them time and make them feel more relaxed and comfortable as a driver.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,289 ✭✭✭Galadriel

Hi,

was thinking of getting driving lessons for relative in early 30's as xmas present. She would be classed as reluctant to drive but well aware of the need to get her license, so I am hoping to give her a push-start to overcome her initial reluctance. Is there any class that emphasises the "fun" aspects of driving, that might make her more amenable?

any suggestions?

thx
    M

What county/area are you in?

• Registered Users Posts: 293 ✭✭markjbloggs

Galadriel wrote: »
    What county/area are you in?

Dublin 6

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 394 ✭✭thisistough

Dublin 6

I learnt to drive with <SNIP> while living in Dunlin 6 and I was an extremely reluctant driver, he really helped me get over my nerves and got me through the test. Couldn't recommend him highly enough

Mod Edit: please don't name instructors on threads. All recommendations via PM only. Thanks (MascotDec)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,289 ✭✭✭Galadriel

Dublin 6

Just sent you a recommendation by PM, I'm in Dublin 6 too, I was learning to drive on and off for about 18 years and finally bit the bullet 3 years ago and got my test first time, I was a really nervous driver and had really bad instructors but once I found the right one he got me through the test no problem.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,694 ✭✭✭thesimpsons

maybe instead of buying a course of lessons just buy the one for the start and see how they get on together. sometimes an instructor and student just don't hit it off for whatever reason and it could be hard to get refund of money paid out.

Advertisement