Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Getting stronger getting older

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 81,310 CMod ✭✭✭✭coffee_cake

it worked for me

cant really see depth in those... but it looks like at least a couple hit

• Registered Users Posts: 2,693 ✭✭✭Deano7788

Depth isn’t the easiest to judge but nothing there would concern me, they all looked roughly in, 1st and 3rd definitely. As a ref there’s nothing there that would concern me really.
    I know you said you hope to compete in the future so one tip I would say is just get used to holding for a second after the last rep to rerack so it’s second nature. Giving a red light for jumping the rack command is the most horrible thing to have to do after they’ve done all the hard work :o.

• Registered Users Posts: 24,602 ✭✭✭✭Alf Veedersane

Agree with the above.

Also, if the wallpaper is a tester, it's a no.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,802 ✭✭✭✭Dtp1979

Agree with the above.

Also, if the wallpaper is a tester, it's a no.

Hahaha it was there when I moved in. I don’t use that room so I’m in no panic to remove it it the nasty fireplace with flueless fire

Deano7788 wrote: »
    Depth isn’t the easiest to judge but nothing there would concern me, they all looked roughly in, 1st and 3rd definitely. As a ref there’s nothing there that would concern me really.
    I know you said you hope to compete in the future so one tip I would say is just get used to holding for a second after the last rep to rerack so it’s second nature. Giving a red light for jumping the rack command is the most horrible thing to have to do after they’ve done all the hard work :o.

Thanks, that was helpful. In future I’ll try set the camera up better. I’ve no excuse not to have it perfectly set up.

• Advertisement

Set up the phone at a lower height so it can see in below the plates.

One thing I'll say is to try work on stopping your hips shooting back. Tape your warm up reps and watch for changes. Try being more conscious of it and keeping your back tighter. But it might also mean you need to work your quads more.

Set up the phone at a lower height so it can see in below the plates.

One thing I'll say is to try work on stopping your hips shooting back. Tape your warm up reps and watch for changes. Try being more conscious of it and keeping your back tighter. But it might also mean you need to work your quads more.

Hips shooting back at the top of the squat?

Dtp1979 wrote: »
    Hips shooting back at the top of the squat?

Coming out of the hole. Just think of keeping your glutes tighter. Pretend you're in prison and you don't trust the spotter and see if that helps.

Coming out of the hole. Just think of keeping your glutes tighter. Pretend you're in prison and you don't trust the spotter and see if that helps.

That’s some statement. Prison rules it is so...

That’s some statement. Prison rules it is so...

I can't quite remember if that was the cue was described to me but when I lost tightness in the hole, my hips would shoot back and then the bar ends up beyond the mid-point of your foot and while not necessarily like a good morning, not a million miles from getting there.

• Advertisement

I can't quite remember if that was the cue was described to me but when I lost tightness in the hole, my hips would shoot back and then the bar ends up beyond the mid-point of your foot and while not necessarily like a good morning, not a million miles from getting there.

Ok, so literally keep in tight in the hole. Gotcha.

I had a look back and see exactly what you mean Alf. Thanks for the help once again

• Registered Users Posts: 81,310 CMod ✭✭✭✭coffee_cake

Oh yeah now that I look back it looks like the thing I do when the weight gets heavy and my legs go up first then my back has to catch up

So ideally the hips bend and go straight up at the same time as the knees bend?

So ideally the hips bend and go straight up at the same time as the knees bend?

If you look at your video and see how your hips are in relation to the upright of the rack on the way down and then back up, it should show the difference. Plates get in the way but you can see how that impacts up the chain...your back angle changes and you lean more and the bar is forward. It's not a massive issue at that weight but it might cost you at heavier weights.

You could look at tempo squats or paused squats as well because they tend to help you work on positioning through the squat.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,566 ✭✭✭✭Mr. CooL ICE

Dtp1979 has exceeded their stored private messages quota and cannot accept further messages until they clear some space.
    Was PMing you to thank you for the video of the lovely fireplace

All that room really needs is a good rug to tie it all together.

All that room really needs is a good rug to tie it all together.

The big 17mm rubber mats are my rug:)

Cleared ;)

Cleared ;)
    Dtp1979 has exceeded their stored private messages quota and cannot accept further messages until they clear some space.

You might need to clear your sent items too!

You might need to clear your sent items too!

I cleared a few more. There’s no option to clear sent items

• Advertisement

I cleared a few more. There’s no option to clear sent items

There is.

Go to 'Sent Items', select the check box at the top and then Delete. Or just click on 'Empty folder'.

Don't be sending dodgy pics and your PMs won't run out of space.

There is.

Go to 'Sent Items', select the check box at the top and then Delete. Or just click on 'Empty folder'.

Don't be sending dodgy pics and your PMs won't run out of space.

Hahaha no option like that on my side

Nopte, still not working.

You sure you don't have the option?
    533283.png

Nopte, still not working.

You sure you don't have the option?
    533283.png

Hadnt the option through the touch site. Got it sorted now

I had a nasty little cut on my hand that stopped me holding anything barbell related during the week. It held up ok today.

Bench press

50kg x 5
    55kg x 5
    60kg x 5
    65kg x 5
    70kg x 5

That was the heaviest session I’ve done in along time, snd it wasn’t that heavy. A few shaky reps on the last but all in all, good

Barbell row

70kg x 3 x 8

I was meant to do 60kg. I thought I had 60 on the bar but forgot about the 5s from bench pressing. 70kg was fairly ok. Alrighty then.

Shrugs 110kg x 3 x 11
    OH Tricep extensions 29kg x 3 x 11
    Bicep curls 29kg x 3 x 11
    Db Rev flys 9kg x 3 x 11

Ab wheel 3 x 5

Giant superset, kinda. Took it very easy on the ab wheel

Deadlift

110kg x 5
    120kg x 5
    130kg x 5
    140kg x 5
    150kg x 5

Find it hard to get time these days. A lot of renovation stuff to do. Happy enough with these sets above except for the final rep. Felt something qware in my lower back. I was joined by the young lad today.

6 year old workout

Bodyweight squat x 3 x 10
    2.5kg x 10
    5kg x 10
    10kg x 2 x 5

Front raises
    2.5kg x 3 x 15

Deadlift
    20kg x 3 x 5
    Tidy little technique

Deadlift jack arrived today

Get him on the gear now so he can make all the gains now before he's ever tested.

Get him on the gear now so he can make all the gains now before he's ever tested.

Yea, roid rage when he doesn’t want to eat his broccoli

• Advertisement

Ohp

32.5kg x 5
    35kg x 5
    40kg x 5
    42.5kg x 5
    45kg x 5

Right hand lower back is sore. Hopefully a few days taking it easy will cure me. Ohp moved very well today

Slingshot bench

70kg x 4 x 8

This was a 10kg jump from last time. Much more challenging. Dare I say I felt stronger as the sets went on? Arms swollen after these bad boys.

Shrugs 110kg x 3 x 10
    Bicep curls 29kg x 3 x 11
    Db Rev flys 11kg x 3 x 11
    OH tricep press 29kg x 3 x 11

#pumpalicious

Advertisement