Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Getting stronger getting older

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 24,600 ✭✭✭✭Alf Veedersane

Dtp1979 wrote: »
    Grinding a hard ball into the cheeks of my arse x 3 x 15

BelatedWhiteChital-max-1mb.gif

Had to be done

• Registered Users Posts: 12,802 ✭✭✭✭Dtp1979

BelatedWhiteChital-max-1mb.gif

Had to be done

Would you believe the morning I wrote it I had a vision of you posting that ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 530 ✭✭✭new2tri19

60kg wishbone squat that's single leg? That sounds brutal. When you count 60kg do you include the weight of barbell?

And why so much caffeine? Does it help lifting or you just tired?

Would you believe the morning I wrote it I had a vision of you posting that ;)

Thats why I had to change it up

new2tri19 wrote: »
    And why so much caffeine? Does it help lifting or you just tired?

It's just a stimulant but there is something to potential performance enhancement.

https://www.strongerbyscience.com/caffeine/

Tl;dr Dtp is a drug cheat

• Advertisement

Caffeine and creatine. Let’s hope I never get tested.
    Yea it’s 60 each leg( count to 20 reps alternating, 10 each) Starts easy but the last 4-5 are really tiring. The bar isn’t a barbell. It’s just 2” steel bar. The wishbone itself is probably another 10-15kg. I don’t know what the true weight I’m actually lifting. Plate placement on the bar will interfere with the leverage, so I keep everything the same every time regarding position, and just increase the weight until it challenges me, and by god does it challenge me.

Caffeine and creatine. Let’s hope I never get tested.
    Yea it’s 60 each leg( count to 20 reps alternating, 10 each) Starts easy but the last 4-5 are really tiring. The bar isn’t a barbell. It’s just 2” steel bar. The wishbone itself is probably another 10-15kg. I don’t know what the true weight I’m actually lifting. Plate placement on the bar will interfere with the leverage, so I keep everything the same every time regarding position, and just increase the weight until it challenges me, and by god does it challenge me.

I did something similar i think ,landmine split squats with end of bar resting on my shoulder , I think I was only using 5 or 10kg , 60kg is absolutely savage .
    I totally related to having to sit down after each set I used to take 1 minute rest but stretched it out to 2 mins . It's like a cardio workout. You reckon these will transfer over to squatting heavier ?

I did something similar i think ,landmine split squats with end of bar resting on my shoulder , I think I was only using 5 or 10kg , 60kg is absolutely savage .
    I totally related to having to sit down after each set I used to take 1 minute rest but stretched it out to 2 mins . It's like a cardio workout. You reckon these will transfer over to squatting heavier ?

Ah yea they’ll have to carry over. It’s building muscle and working each leg separately so I see no reason that it won’t have an impact on both squatting and deadlifting

DB Bench press

34kg 8, 8, 8, 11

Giddily smiling, I just did 11 reps with 34kg dumbells. The entire set was a massive PB. At 3 x 8 I felt I had reps left in each so I decided to see on the last set, just for the craic, how many I had. I might add in an AMRAP final set to these going forward. Anyway, big smiles n all that. Woohoooo.

BB row 72.5kg x 3 x 10

More of a challange this time round. I don’t get tired doing these. My arms just start to fail near the end. It’s a weird feeling.

Abwheel x 3 x 8

These slightly aggravated my shoulder a few weeks back so I’ve held off on doing them. Today I went very easy just to keep the wheels turning to avoid crippling DOMS when I return to them properly. Pardon the pun

Overhand tricep push down x 4 x 12
    Db Rev flys 15kg x 4 x 12
    Hammer curls 15kg x 4 x 12

Neck 25kg x 4 x 15

AMRAP sets are a good idea for the last set. Even if they were just a gauge on whether or not you can go up in weight or increase reps across the sets.

• Advertisement

Beast , going to need to get heavier dumbells .
    Do you arch back for dumbell bench? for some reason I don't but I try to for barbell bench .
    15kg rev fly is savage aswell you sure it's just caffeine your taking !

Beast , going to need to get heavier dumbells .
    Do you arch back for dumbell bench? for some reason I don't but I try to for barbell bench .
    15kg rev fly is savage aswell you sure it's just caffeine your taking !

Haha caffeine and creatine. If I was offered steroids for free I wouldn’t take them. My dumbells go to 40kg. I think that’ll do me forever. 40kg x 5 x 15 is years off. After that I may move to Larry wheels gym.

No I don’t arch or use leg drive either with dumbells.

• Registered Users Posts: 81,310 CMod ✭✭✭✭coffee_cake

Will u make a pair of wagon wheels and tell us how they go
    Thx :D

https://www.roguefitness.com/rogue-wagon-wheel-pairs

Will u make a pair of wagon wheels and tell us how they go
    Thx :D

https://www.roguefitness.com/rogue-wagon-wheel-pairs

Haha no, no need to make things like that. I’d find something like this instead

Ha ha time to go scavenging
    Would be a super way to make block pulls a lot less annoying

I’d say it’d be easy to do with 2 car wheels with tyres actually. Perfect bumper plates. No mats needed

Hmmmm, you have me thinking now…..

Squat

SSB

85kg x 4
    100kg x 4
    110kg x 4
    120kg x 4

I guess every progression is a PB on this. I found 115 x 4 tough the last day but these weren’t too bad. Prob had 1 left in the tank.

RDL 115kg x 3 x 6

Hate em

Leg extension
    55kg x 12
    57.5kg x 2 x 12
    SS
    GHR +5kg x 3 x 8

Bench press

60kg x 4
    67.5kg x 4
    72.5kg x 4
    77.5kg x 4
    82.5kg x 4

They were all fine until the last rep. Made a balls of it. It was all over the place.

BB row 72.5kg x 3 x 12

Db Rev flys 15kg x 3 x 12
    Hammer curls 15kg x 3 x 15
    Overhand push downs x 3 x 12

Deadlift

120kg x 4
    130kg x 4
    140kg x 4
    155kg x 4
    165kg x 4

I’m struggling with a pinch between my shoulder blades that’s going from my neck half way down my upper back the last couple of days. Wasn’t sure if it would affect today’s workout. It didn’t once I was warmed up. Weight moved well and I had loads of reps left in the tank. Gravity was my friend today. I’m hoping to pull over 200kg by the end of this program.

Wishbone SL squat 65kg x 3 x 10

5kg more on these. They were a killer. I’m getting close to breaking point.

GHR +5kg x 2 x 10
    Leg extension 57.5kg x 2 x 12

• Advertisement

DB Bench press

34kg 10, 10, 9, 9

Gravity was not my friend today. I did 3 more reps than the last day in total though. No hope of AMRAP cause I started off with 10’s.

BB row 75kg x 3 x 10

Tough

Underhand tricep push downs x 3 x 15
    Hammer curls 20kg x 3 x 15

Got my hands on a reaaallllyy cheap commercial leg extension. Can’t believe my luck. Ok I’ll stop now

• Registered Users Posts: 2,693 ✭✭✭Deano7788

Got my hands on a reaaallllyy cheap commercial leg extension. Can’t believe my luck. Ok I’ll stop now

No you won't.

Deano7788 wrote: »
    No you won't.

You know me so well. I’ll be selling my adjustable bench with added leg extension so I’ll actually make a profit for a change. Add in the fact I’ve a decent rower got for free, and my added strength I’d say this gym is actually making me money ;)

I wish I had a leg extension
    I'd prob get thrown out of the house if I get more gear tho :D

I wish I had a leg extension
    I'd prob get thrown out of the house if I get more gear tho :D

Well I’m selling my old one that doubles as a leg curl and adjustable bench ;);)

It’s a risk I’m willing to take getting more. It arrived just now. Slightly underwhelming. The resistance isn’t what I want…..so I’ve Commisioned my local steel merchants to make me 3 steel plates to attach into it. Job done :).

DB Bench press

34kg 10, 10, 9, 9

Gravity was not my friend today. I did 3 more reps than the last day in total though. No hope of AMRAP cause I started off with 10’s.

BB row 75kg x 3 x 10

Tough

Underhand tricep push downs x 3 x 15
    Hammer curls 20kg x 3 x 15

20kg dumbell curls I don't think I could do 1 and you do 3 sets of 15 wow.
    75kg rows .
    34kg bench .
    Your a bit of a beast now .
    Surely you'd smash that ohp 60kg target now .

20kg dumbell curls I don't think I could do 1 and you do 3 sets of 15 wow.
    75kg rows .
    34kg bench .
    Your a bit of a beast now .
    Surely you'd smash that ohp 60kg target now .

God I’m no beast. There’s 60kg girls that lift more than me.
    Nope, I’m certain I wouldn’t do 60 ohp. I might give it a go when I’m certain my shoulder is healed

God I’m no beast. There’s 60kg girls that lift more than me.
    Nope, I’m certain I wouldn’t do 60 ohp. I might give it a go when I’m certain my shoulder is healed

No 60kg girl is lifting 20kg hammer curls unless they are on some serious sauce .
    I remember lads over my house recently and they where a fairly average group of lads and they all struggled to lift the 20kg dumbells off the rack . Your doing this too long to realise that compared to an average Joe lifting 20kg hammer curls is a beast !

No 60kg girl is lifting 20kg hammer curls unless they are on some serious sauce .
    I remember lads over my house recently and they where a fairly average group of lads and they all struggled to lift the 20kg dumbells off the rack . Your doing this too long to realise that compared to an average Joe lifting 20kg hammer curls is a beast !

Haha you better not scroll through instagram so. You’ll see the likes of 47 year old 64kg Jen Thompson benching 140kg. Very unlikely she’s in juice. There’s plenty of other examples of similar women doing phenomenal lifts in squat and deadlift. Repping what I can’t even do 1 in.

• Advertisement

SQUAT

SSB

90kg x 3 felt like an empty bar

105kg x 3 easy peesey

115kg x 3 a bit heavier, but not heavy.

125kg x 2 failed on the 3rd. How can something only 10kg heavier make such a difference. I had to dig deep to get that second rep. That maybe threw my confidence for the third.

GHR +5kg 8, 12, 10
    Leg extension 57.5kg x 3 x 12

Abwheel x 2 x 10

Advertisement