Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

PS4 Games That Achieve 60FPS

Options
  • 18-12-2016 1:21pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 803 ✭✭✭

Hey lads,

Just wondering if there's a comprehensive list of all PS4 games that run at close to 60fps?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,519 ✭✭✭Flint Fredstone

There's f*ck all AAA titles. Biggest let down on the console IMO.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,296 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

Whats the obsession everyone has with fps?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,574 ✭✭✭EoinHef

Game play is smoother,controls are more responsive. And in general games feel a lot better to play at 60 fps.

In this day and age,all games should be 60fps.

If you gave 100 gamers the choice of playing Uncharted 4 at 60 or 30fps, how many would you reckon would choose 30?

For me it's not much different than bringing out a game at 720p. Once you get a taste for a better visual standard, everything else that doesn't live up to that seems underdone.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,168 ✭✭✭Grahamer666

Who cares once the game is good.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,068 ✭✭✭Tipsy McSwagger

Sure the human eye can only see at 20 FPS anyway

Well the human eye can tell the difference between 30 and 60fps and that's all that matters.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 51,306 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

Which is backed up by absolutely no scientific fact whatsoever. Actual scientific tests published in journals differ but all agree it's way higher than 20. More likely it's somewhere between 60 and 250 fps.

Anyway frame rate isn't just how many frames you see as it makes a massive difference to input time, lag and the overall feel of the game and denying is just denying hard fact.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 803 ✭✭✭BelovedAunt

Obsession? I asked a simple question. I'd expect better reading comprehension from someone with 47,000 posts on boards.
    Who cares once the game is good.

I do, that's why I asked the question. If you have nothing constructive to add then kindly don't bother answering.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,296 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

Obsession? I asked a simple question. I'd expect better reading comprehension from someone with 47,000 posts on boards.

No need too be a smart ass, I meant in general what was the obsession with it , I never said you were obsessed.

Jeez :rolleyes:

• Advertisement

Heres a list that seems to be up to date. Appears that the parameters are 1080p/60fps though so there are bound to be games that run sub 1080p at 60fps but this list was the best i could find.

http://www.videogamerplus.com/2014/09/60-fps-native-1080p-ps4-games-list.html?m=1

As has been stated,there is no objective reason to not want 60fps in any title really. Does that mean we cant enjoy games that are 30fps? Not at all.

Its just by every objective metric games are improved by running at 60fps.

EoinHef wrote: »
    Heres a list that seems to be up to date. Appears that the parameters are 1080p/60fps though so there are bound to be games that run sub 1080p at 60fps but this list was the best i could find.

http://www.videogamerplus.com/2014/09/60-fps-native-1080p-ps4-games-list.html?m=1

As has been stated,there is no objective reason to not want 60fps in any title really. Does that mean we can enjoy games that are 30fps? Not at all.

I always thought Battlefield 4 was 60fps. I remember thinking how much slicker it was compared to the PS3 the first time I played it. It must get close to it.

I always thought Battlefield 4 was 60fps. I remember thinking how much slicker it was compared to the PS3 the first time I played it. It must get close to it.

The target fps is 60 on BF4 on PS4 alright but it only runs at 900p so wouldnt be on that list.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,168 ✭✭✭Grahamer666

*snip*

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 29,417 CMod ✭✭✭✭johnny_ultimate

Mod note: Well that escalated quickly! Any further personal abuse or attacks will be actioned.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 803 ✭✭✭BelovedAunt

*snip*

• Registered Users Posts: 5,781 ✭✭✭eddhorse

People do get feisty over their framerates ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 9,068 ✭✭✭Tipsy McSwagger

Ha Ha I can't believe people took this comment seriously

• Registered Users Posts: 5,963 ✭✭✭GhostInTheRuins

EoinHef wrote: »

As has been stated,there is no objective reason to not want 60fps in any title really. Does that mean we cant enjoy games that are 30fps? Not at all.

Not a bad list. Bioshock collection is missing from it though at least.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,575 ✭✭✭✭Riesen_Meal

Metal Gear Solid V
    Overwatch (at 900p on standard PS4)
    Battlefield 1 aims for it on standard at 900p and close to hits it on Pro
    Doom
    God Of War Remastered (still looks amazing and a remaster)
    The Last Of Us Remastered
    Uncharted Collection
    Call Of Duty games aim for 60fps

I'm sure there is plenty more I can't think of at the moment...

:)

• Advertisement
Advertisement